• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb

That's 1am here in UK but I'm good for then. Late start in work. Psn is same as gaf.

OK, we may book an alt just in case it runs later than you want to stay.

So far:

Hard Mode Raid - PS4 - 8pm Eastern
1) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78 - Level 29/Hunter)
2) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE - Level 29/Titan)
3) Agent_Tiro (PSN Agent_Tiro - Level 30 Hunter)
4) Phaethon0017?
5) ???
6) ???

Need 3 for a hard mode clear - we are on the Gatekeepers. Join on spyder_ur. Help me get my first hard mode clear!

Anyone interested?

EDIT: Scrapped it. So close to getting a hard clear. If anyone wants to run it from Gatekeepers onwards tomorrow or over the weekend, let me know.

You wanna join this tonight, schwagger?

spyder_ur

So far:

4) Phaethon0017?
5) ???
6) ???

You wanna join this tonight, schwagger?

Taking my checkpoint or running the whole thing?

Coconut

Banned
I'm making it up.

Although where does Xur get those exotics... Hmmm?

If only there were a ready supply of gear from engrams that turned out to be surprisingly of lower quality than expected.....

Rahool fumbling in the back of his store "oh yeah man, looks like that purple decrypted into a exotic, I mean, legendary cape for a hunter tough break, maybe Xur will have that helmet you were taking about this week."

But seriously Xur is from like an alternate dimension because he has a line of dialog where he says "this only one of many possibilities." I just assumed with that dialog and his crazy face he's from another dimension.

I got a gjallarhorn on Tuesday and I don't care I'm leveling it. Been waiting so long for one I can't just sit and wait to see if Xur will have whatever I need to upgrade it.

Plus I might not get the expansion so it might not even matter if my attack cap is 300 or above

Does anyone find themself lacking any real motivation to play?

I don't see any point in doing any bounties, leveling up any factions etc, until next week.

I think what I'll do is do ten 5000xp bounties and let them sit there, whilst at the same time running Tiger Strikes 'till I hit the cap. I'll probably push my Vanguard rank as close to the next level as possible too.

That's what I'm doing right now. Both Vanguard and Cryptarch are near max level.

Mindlog

Can you guys share with me your favorite, meaning most effective, non-cheese HM Templar strats?
Certain team makeups make it easier, but THIS is my favorite strat.

Basically the Relic holder pushes forward and your team forms a ring around the Templar. Blocking his teleports will spawn Minotaurs, but not being detained helps you maintain a very high DPS. Titan bubbles to soak up Templar fire make it a lot easier. Your lower DPS characters should kill Oracles while not spamming heavy ammo at the boss. Bonus points for waiting until everyone has full ammo and can use a synth during the fight. When executed correctly this is a very fast way to burn the Templar down.
I did upgrade mine...
With the Raid helm it's amazing how much super energy you get.

Seriously though, it has far more to do with the player than the class. All six specs are really powerful when played well. And by played well I mean 'uses pocket infinity and jolder's hammer'.

Oh, for sure the player is by far the most important factor. But I'm also pretty sure Destiny Tracker leaderboards are filled with predominantly Hunters in the Top 50.

Good player beats bad player any day, but good Hunter beats good other class more often than not.

coy

Me too, only trophy left.

My man Rain! If we don't mention our last couple Skirmish matches to rod he may still wanna team up lol.

Aside from the allocated demerits, you are forgiven.

Score! Mother Nature, don't be like Bungie and punish me again.

How do you know how many ghosts you've found?

Crap I forgot but someone here should know if it hasn't already been posted. Sorry typing this in the bathroom at work so I gotta head back. Yes, I washed my hands. Yes, it smells like tinkle in here.

Temidien

Neo Member

So far:

4) Phaethon0017?
5) ???
6) ???

Would you mind adding my name to the list? Should be home by then but if I'm late, I'll happily give my spot to an alt. PSN: Temidien - Lvl 29 Hunter.

Can you guys share with me your favorite, meaning most effective, non-cheese HM Templar strats?

We sent down 2, they got the hidden left oracle and dropped his shield. From up top we hit the rest of the oracles and unloaded on the Templar when the shields were down. Not sure if you'd consider that cheese, because the Templar can hit you if he teleports to the front. We tried to all group on the right, but we couldn't get it done fast enough to avoid the enrage timer. You could send just one down to be relic holder, but the second guy helps to make sure it doesn't get to crazy down there.

stb

Would you mind adding my name to the list? Should be home by then but if I'm late, I'll happily give my spot to an alt. PSN: Temidien - Lvl 29 Hunter.

Updated list:

1) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) - Level 29 Hunter
2) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - Level 29 Titan
3) Agent_Tiro (PSN Agent_Tiro) - Level 30 Hunter
4) Phaethon0017? (PSN ??) - Level ?? ??
5) Temidien? (PSN ??) - Level ?? ??
6) schwagger15? (PSN spyder_ur) - Level ?? ??

Still taking alts because we have 3 "maybes" and need an alt or two anyway. Please quote and add gaf name, PSN handle, and level/class.

Just quoting you guys so this is highlighted for you.

We sent down 2, they got the hidden left oracle and dropped his shield. From up top we hit the rest of the oracles and unloaded on the Templar when the shields were down. Not sure if you'd consider that cheese, because the Templar can hit you if he teleports to the front. We tried to all group on the right, but we couldn't get it done fast enough to avoid the enrage timer. You could send just one down to be relic holder, but the second guy helps to make sure it doesn't get to crazy down there.

We tried a similar method, but only had 1 on the ground. People up top ended up getting killed by the Templar when he'd shoot, but it was typically me, way out on the ledge trying to hit the hidden oracle - so 2 on the ground could solve that. Thanks!

Certain team makeups make it easier, but THIS is my favorite strat.

Basically the Relic holder pushes forward and your team forms a ring around the Templar. Blocking his teleports will spawn Minotaurs, but not being detained helps you maintain a very high DPS. Titan bubbles to soak up Templar fire make it a lot easier. Your lower DPS characters should kill Oracles while not spamming heavy ammo at the boss. Bonus points for waiting until everyone has full ammo and can use a synth during the fight. When executed correctly this is a very fast way to burn the Templar down.

I like the sound of that. Thanks for the video.

Victrix

*beard*
Oh, for sure the player is by far the most important factor. But I'm also pretty sure Destiny Tracker leaderboards are filled with predominantly Hunters in the Top 50.

Good player beats bad player any day, but good Hunter beats good other class more often than not.

Not necessarily, class skew impacts that heavily - in all my time playing Crucible I can count on my hands the number of times I was hit by a Supressor grenade. The vast majority of Titans I encountered (who were a minority of all classes) were running around throwing panic fists. There's no way in hell I would have gone on a 43 kill streak without my bubble of glory.

If people don't play Defenders in pvp, they aren't going to end up on top of the leaderboards, whatever their strengths.

We know hunters were over-represented compared to Warlocks and Titans, those numbers may be even more skewed at higher levels of pvp play.

I spent time with all three classes and all six specs in pvp, so I know what Hunters are capable of from both sides of the barrel, but I still preferred playing Defender and never felt disadvantaged in any mode outside mayyyybe a close Rumble match against a skilled Hunter. In that case their Supers could help them harvest more meat faster than I could.

'Better at killing scrubs faster' isn't the same thing as 'superior pvp class'.

Destiny also has a pretty high skill cap, new players get wrecked by vets even harder in this than they do in CoD, and both Hunter specs have supers that enable sprees more easily than Void Bomb or Fist.

All of which is a long way of saying I never got tired of getting triple+ kills from people walking into a Saint-14 dome, that shit is hilarious.

We tried a similar method, but only had 1 on the ground. People up top ended up getting killed by the Templar when he'd shoot, but it was typically me, way out on the ledge trying to hit the hidden oracle - so 2 on the ground could solve that. Thanks!

Yeah, we struggled for almost an hour until we tried this. Sent 2 sunsingers down just in case they needed to resurrect. Got it our first try this way.

spyder_ur

Updated list:

Still taking alts because we have 3 "maybes" and need an alt or two anyway. Please quote and add gaf name, PSN handle, and level/class.

I'm 50/50 but if we're starting from the top I'd bring my 29 Warlock. I am wondering if you're better off getting a 30 or two in there though.

Our hard mode last night was kinda grueling to not even finish is all, and I've yet to get any raid gear on my Warlock anyways.

Still wondering if it was a mistake to upgrade the Vex. It goes to 323 but new DLC weapons go to 331. Does that mean after the expansion you also have to reset the Vex to get it to 331? What was the point in that case ugh. Or introducing exotic shards so early at all.

It would have been better had they removed ascendant shards as requirements for normal 29 gear so more people could jump up in levels.

They translated Crota to Cropta for the French version, lol

It only takes like an hour or so to get to 50. I ran ComputerMKII through it the other day.

By the way, I've realized why my Grimoire card said I had discovered only '4' dead Ghosts. My window had a narrow width so the other digit was hidden outside the card somehow. I actually had more than 40 discovered. As stupid as that.

I'm still amazed by how well you remembered all the Ghost locations. Some of the places you took me I didn't even know existed.

Still wondering if it was a mistake to upgrade the Vex. It goes to 323 but new DLC weapons go to 331. Does that mean after the expansion you also have to reset the Vex to get it to 331? What was the point in that case ugh. Or introducing exotic shards so early at all.

It would have been better had they removed ascendant shards as requirements for normal 29 gear so more people could jump up in levels.

Not sure if Xur will allow you to upgrade the Vex to 331. If he does then grinding for just 8 extra damage is almost worthless.

Updated list:

ArkkAngel007 (PSN Same), Lvl 29 Hunter (Maxed Hezen Vengeance, Ice Breaker, and Vanquisher VIII; might have maxed VoC by then).

raindoc

Anybody taking a 29 Hunter w/ maxed G'Horn, IB & Co through the HM?
Did it plenty of times with my other two Guardians.

My man Rain! If we don't mention our last couple Skirmish matches to rod he may still wanna team up lol.

I don't know what you're talking about.

stb

I'm 50/50 but if we're starting from the top I'd bring my 29 Warlock. I am wondering if you're better off getting a 30 or two in there though.

Our hard mode last night was kinda grueling to not even finish is all, and I've yet to get any raid gear on my Warlock anyways.

Let's plan on doing it out of order then. Start with your 30 from your checkpoint through the end, then loop back to the beginning with your 29?

spyder_ur

Yeah, we struggled for almost an hour until we tried this. Sent 2 sunsingers down just in case they needed to resurrect. Got it our first try this way.

When we finally did it we just sniped from the top. Biggest issue for me was ammo, honestly. Though the relic holder went down a few times. You have angles on all 6 Oracles up there, right?

When we finally did it we just sniped from the top. Biggest issue for me was ammo, honestly. Though the relic holder went down a few times. You have angles on all 6 Oracles up there, right?

There's a way to play it to get angles on hidden / the weird right-side one, but the player(s) that take those oracles can only see The Templar 50% of the time, and are pretty exposed in case he decides to unload on you.

SkylineRKR

Right side of the level, behind the square rock is the cleanse meeting point. When templar is shielded and relic carrier is building super, everyone kills harpies. Ignore Oracles, but get the few in sight. When marked, obviously meet up with RC.

When he disables the shield, 5 guys should wreck the Templar but one should be on harpy duty also. At least thats how we do it. Worked everytime, beat him in approx 7 mins each time. But it can go faster dependent on where he teleports to. We didn't try to cockblock his teleports yet though.

Shield with weapons of light is excellent here.

Not yet, the Weekly Update that releases tonight hopefully has the details.

And a whole lot more....

how many hours until that weekly update is up? I need to send my off days for next week within 8 hours.... :) Thinking about being off on the 9th but if its released at night in my timezone there is no need to be off on the 9th, then I rather take the 10th :)

Right side of the level, behind the square rock is the cleanse meeting point. When templar is shielded and relic carrier is building super, everyone kills harpies. Ignore Oracles, but get the few in sight. When marked, obviously meet up with RC.

When he disables the shield, 5 guys should wreck the Templar but one should be on harpy duty also. At least thats how we do it. Worked everytime, beat him in approx 7 mins each time.

Shield with weapons of light is excellent.

That makes sense. We follow that up until leaving 1 on harpy duty when Templar shield is down. Think that may have contributed to losing people. Thanks!

how many hours until that weekly update is up? I need to send my off days for next week within 8 hours.... :) Thinking about being off on the 9th but if its released at night in my timezone there is no need to be off on the 9th, then I rather take the 10th :)

It usually goes up between 8pm-9pm EST

Temidien

Neo Member
Updated list:

PSN: Temidien - Lvl 29 Titan. 300/300/300 void and maxed Ice Breaker, experienced with legit Templar and spawn cheese method, and multiple offerings made to RNGesus this week to help ensure favorable rolls.

Anyone think we will get SOOOO many new, righteous exotics that the old ones and the upgrades to them wont matter? That can totally happen right?

stb

ArkkAngel007 (PSN Same), Lvl 29 Hunter (Maxed Hezen Vengeance, Ice Breaker, and Vanquisher VIII; might have maxed VoC by then).

Great; adding you as an alt.

Updated list:

Hard Mode Raid (starting at Gatekeepers, killing Atheon, then starting over) - PS4 - 8pm Eastern
5) Temidien? (PSN Temidien) - Level 29 Titan
6) schwagger15? (PSN spyder_ur) - Level 29 Titan & Level 29 Warlock
alt1) ArkkAngel007 (PSN ArkkAngel007) Level 29 Hunter

Still taking alts because we have 3 "maybes" and need an alt or two anyway. Please quote and add gaf name, PSN handle, and level/class. Could really use a Level 30 as an alt.

Can you confirm you want to join?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes

A few, unless something unexpected happens. DeeJ is clacking away at the keyboard right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom