• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Shito

nah, Icebreaker is still the best sniper in the game hands down. It's just the most versatile due to not having to worry about ammo when camping in a cheesespot somewhere :D

Black Hammer is only really usable against Ogres, the Tank, Sepiks Prime and Devil Walkers :D
Been repeating that during every Icebreaker argument ever, and I still don't understand why people can't understand that it's not "Icebreaker or", but "Icebreaker and".
Sure enough I'm not *always* using my Icebreaker, but there are A LOT of situations where Icebreaker will make your life really easier -- even when used in conjonction with another sniper rifle / secondary weapon when not in solar burn.
Remember last week's nightfall / weekly?
Icebreaker made it trivial.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm not playing it down at all, 9/10 times is pick my breaker. But from a DPS perspective ghorn is vastly superior, I don't use it often for all of the reasons you highlighted, but I can't deny how effective it is at doing a ton of damage in a hurry

Oh yeah. GHorn is obviously the gold standard. I still take both to raids though. If no heavy ammo drops for a while i just switch to the IB and help with swordbearer/boomers/oracles etc. the second i see some purple on the ground i switch back to Ghorn.

Been repeating that during every Icebreaker argument ever, and I still don't understand why people can't understand that it's not "Icebreaker or", but "Icebreaker and".
Sure enough I'm not *always* using my Icebreaker, but there are A LOT of situations where Icebreaker will make your life really easier -- even when used in conjonction with another sniper rifle / secondary weapon when not in solar burn.
Remember last week's nightfall / weekly?
Icebreaker made it trivial.

oh definitely true, i always carry atleast two snipers, usually of different elemental damage.

Especially Valus T'auric strike you can start with Icebreaker on the kill liutenants phase, swap to Black Hammer for the tank and then back to Icebreaker for the final boss fight and not worry about sniper ammo.

Jinjo

Xur is amazing this weekend but now I have 77 motes of light... Haha

Anyone else in this predicament?

Play IB, earn one of the guns and see those motes vanish within second while you're chasing the perfect perk roll on a gun. Blew 26 motes on my sniper yesterday and still not satisfied. I told myself to quit when I got field scout and I did. Now I only have 40 left for the AR, RL and Handcannon.

oh definitely true, i always carry atleast two snipers, usually of different elemental damage.

Especially Valus T'auric strike you can start with Icebreaker on the kill liutenants phase, swap to Black Hammer for the tank and then back to Icebreaker for the final boss fight and not worry about sniper ammo.

Black Hammer on the tank would be so cathartic. Either way, that Tank is toast now.

Play IB, earn one of the guns and see those motes vanish within second while you're chasing the perfect perk roll on a gun. Blew 26 motes on my sniper yesterday and still not satisfied. I told myself to quit when I got field scout and I did. Now I only have 40 left for the AR, RL and Handcannon.

Too bad the gunsmith can't do that with other vendor legendaries. I would buy a weapon to just waste every mote of light on until the perfect roll happened. No matter how long it took.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Did anyone try using/noscoping the Icebreaker during the first section of CE raid? It annihilates all the enemies near you.

Also Saint partyy, catch us if you can Ogress!!!

fj4UzbB.jpg

This whole Xur week feels deliberate to help out with Hard mode CE.

Icebreaker is a great utility weapon that will help everyone greatly.

All classes get helmets since Raid helm is likely the least common light 36 gear everyone has since only Crota can drop a helm thus enabling the most to get to 32 than any other gear piece.

Raybunny

nah, Icebreaker is still the best sniper in the game hands down. It's just the most versatile due to not having to worry about ammo when camping in a cheesespot somewhere :D

Black Hammer is only really usable against Ogres, the Tank, Sepiks Prime and Devil Walkers :D

Don't forget the priest.

Jinjo

This whole Xur week feels deliberate to help out with Hard mode CE.

Icebreaker is a great utility weapon that will help everyone greatly.

All classes get helmets since Raid helm is likely the least common light 36 gear everyone has since only Crota can drop a helm thus enabling the most to get to 32 than any other gear piece.

About time they decided to help out the players instead of only fucking them over.

ethomaz

Banned
Did anyone try using/noscoping the Icebreaker during the first section of CE raid? It annihilates all the enemies near you.

Also Saint partyy, catch us if you can Ogress!!!
I do the same with Gjallarhorn... two shots on Ogress... they didn't even see what happened.

IB takes too much time... to be fair I'm using IB less and less... I'm using others snipes in my chars.

Ambitious

I've got the complete raid gear set for my Hunter now, but I'm undecided which exotic armor piece to use for hitting 32. I've got the Knucklehead, the Symbiote, Lucky Raspberry, Crest of Alpha Lupi and Don't Touch Me. I think the best choices would be either Knucklehead or Don't Touch Me. The former is useful in pretty much any mode, but the latter would be especially useful in HM CE.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Ok, Dhruv and me have made a great discovery.

If one person finishes the first section solo, the others get teleported to the second section automatically. This will help immensely during flawless runs.

I do the same with Gjallarhorn... two shots on Ogress... they didn't even see what happened.

IB takes too much time... to be fair I'm using IB less and less... I'm using others snipes in my chars.
No I mean the thralls and shit that surround you.

Deku Tree

If one person finishes the first section solo, the others get teleported to the second section automatically. This will help immensely during flawless runs.

We all know that.

I thought this was already known lol

ocean

Banned
nah, he moves too fast and there's too many adds to worry about to land consistent hits. Ice breaker can steadily land those 6 hits to the head in the hitstun loop and then you can retreat safely :D
You can stun-lock him. As long as someone covers you against ads I inagine Black Hammer, properly timed, could let you kill the Priest before he ever moves.

I stun lock him with my Ice Breaker but the ammo doesn't regen quick enough to keep him there indefinitely :(

I wasn't aware there was a wipe method lol.

Man, I'd love to buy Ice Breaker dupes but I'm so tight on Vault space I couldn't even spare the room. I tend to use my Black Hammers with my Gjallarhorns anyway.

Vault space? The point of getting 3 is to have one on each character at all times and not have to swap at a vault. Even with a Black Hammer, it still has good situational usage.

I don't understand wanting duplicate exotics

But I'm in the habit of going to the tower when im done playing and dumping my go to weapons

plus they're a pain to level up

not to mention multiple exotic shards

The Iron Banner auto rifle dropped for me, perfect balance and range finder makes me want to not re-roll it.

You lucky bastard. o_O

Sounds like a great perk roll for a crappy gun, haha.

Anyone farming glimmer? Really need some.

iRawr is the only one I know for sure had the normal GK CP....

Also we can do multiple CE flawless runs today if enough people are around for it, honestly they should go very quickly

Deku Tree

Xur selling ballerhorn upgrade every weekend is such a tease... Now that Xur sold IB this weekend needs to sell the horn next weekend plz.

Born2Live

Okay do I go dupe Icebreaker and Obsidian Mind or Glasshouse and Obsidian Mind. My Titan usually rolls with Saint 14 or Ruin Wings is there a situation where you would use Glasshouse over Saint 14¿

Ambitious

You lucky bastard. o_O

Sounds like a great perk roll for a crappy gun, haha.

iRawr is the only one I know for sure had the normal GK CP....

Also we can do multiple CE flawless runs today if enough people are around for it, honestly they should go very quickly

I'd love to join.

Carbonox

Question regarding PvP:

I haven't touched PvP yet since I returned to the game after being away from it for a couple of months. What's the environment like now? Back when I was playing regularly, I was consistent and competed well using an Auto as my primary. Have the tables turned on specific weapons/abilities?

Also, total random question but one of interest as I get up to speed on the new stuff courtesy of The Dark Below - has anyone ever discovered the ultimate build per class so to speak? Of the best armours and weapons in the game? Always been curious if there is an 'absolute best' build of each subclass.

ocean

Banned
Okay do I go dupe Icebreaker and Obsidian Mind or Glasshouse and Obsidian Mind. My Titan usually rolls with Saint 14 or Ruin Wings is there a situation where you would use Glasshouse over Saint 14¿
Any situation where you pop a bubble for its effect outside of it instead of protection inside.

For instance: any boss (specially Atheon) where you want Weapons of Light, to name a scenario.

Deku Tree

NPD thread said:
2014 new game LTP, no bundle, no special edition

360 COD > 2M
XBO COD < 2M
PS4 COD
3DS SSB > 1.7M
NWU MK8 < 1.5M
XBO D
360 M15
PS3 COD
3DS POKEMON O
3DS POKEMON A
XBO T
NWU SSB
PS4 D
PS4 V
360 D
XBO COLLECTION
PS4 M15
XBO V > 1M

Destiny sold better on X1 in NPD. Surprised.

Kensuke

You lucky bastard. o_O

Awesome, I'd love to do a run. I've left Atheon with 5% health on a flawless run once. I've been salty ever since.

ocean

Banned
Destiny sold better on X1 in NPD. Surprised.
Only retail, non-bundled sales. I'm pretty sure the Destiny community is larger on PS than XB, but NPD won't reflect that.

It'd be interesting to get a total sales figure including digital (a lot of usually-retail buyers went digital here for some reason) and bundles (dat white PS4).

Born2Live

Pve without melee adds

Any situation where you pop a bubble for its effect outside of it instead of protection inside.

For instance: any boss (specially Atheon) where you want Weapons of Light, to name a scenario.

Thanks, sounds like it would be quite useful.

Just checked and I should be able to pick up all three. I've got one more weekly left to run so just need 3 more coins.

Top Bottom