• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Forza Horizon 2

oxidax

Wow! Just wow! I just finished this game and I can't believe how awesome it was. It looks so freaking good! That final
15m sprint race
(with a S2 Lambo Murcielago)
around half of the map
was absolutely gorgeous and incredibly fun. But I think I need to vent a little. I waited till the very end to start the Hypercar championship because I wanted to end the game with either La Ferrari or Veneno and it still bugs me that I couldn't.

I hated that I was not being able to purchase those cars and some others because how awful the grinding system is in this game. No, Turn 10/Playground Games, I will not give you $2.99 for just one car from a car pack and no, I will not give you $19.99 for 2000 tokens either or whatever tokens it was so that I can purchase the Veneno. No. How about you let me purchase whatever car I want as soon as I finish this couple of races? How about you give me more than 10,000* credits per race because I DONT WANT YOU TO ASK ME FOR REAL MONEY WHENEVER I TRY TO PURCHASE A FUCKING 4.5 MILLION ASTON MARTIN DBR1! How about you give me a SHITLOAD OF CREDITS BECAUSE THIS IS A FUCKING VIDEO GAME AND WHAT I WANT TO DO IS HAVE FUN!

What about all the other cars that are not in the retail game? The DLCs... I could purchase all those car packs, right? yea! of course! I still want to buy them! Have you seen that Lamborghini Urus? or the Nissan IDX? GAWD! The problem? ILL PROBABLY WONT EVEN BE ABLE TO DRIVE THEM BECAUSE OF YOUR FUCKING GRINDING SYSTEM!! I mean, I finished all my races in first place and around how much did I win on each? Like around 10,000 credits? How the FUCK am I supposed to purchase all the Hypercars then? So stupid. So no, I won't buy the car packs because I will not allow your game to take me forever to be able to drive them! Storm Island on the other hand, Ill probably get it someday.

So yea.. I loved the graphics, the soundtrack, the handling and just how fun it is. The online experience is great as well and to be honest, some drift events would've been really really cool imo. Just...please! Next time let me enjoy my rides. Let me be able to purchase any car I want without having to play for 100 hours. Please! I remember how Dan always says and praises "This is a franchise about car enthusiast, car lovers.." or something along the line. So if this is a franchise about the love for cars then let me drive the fucking cars! All of them! Without having to give you more money from my pocket! Without having to play for 100+ hours! AAH!!

/EndofRant

EDIT: One of my favorite shots I took.

GetPhoto.ashx

It's an amazing game, loved finding the car garages and most of the events were varied and exciting. I really need to try thr Storm Island DLC

The only real complaint I have was the unnecessary story you have to endure when progressing and that annoying dude who never shuts up. I just want to fucking drive

Buy yeah one of my favourite games of 2014. Glad you liked it OP

Waaghals

Maybe I misunderstand you, but you do not have to spend in game cash on DLC cars. They are "free" in game.

Or was that the problem?

oxidax

Maybe I misunderstand you, but you do not have to spend in game cash on DLC cars. They are "free" in game.

Or was that the problem?

The DLC bit is that I want to purchase all the car packs, but im afraid I wont be able to purchase the cars in game (meaning with the credits at the autoshow) because ill probably never get all the credits together to do so...unless they automatically go to my garage as soon as I purchase the car pack. In that case, I fucked up that part.

Waaghals

Ah, They should be free, though you have to "buy" them for 0cr at the autoshow.

I bought that whole vip-package, so it could be different for others.

It should not matter though.

False

Cars you get through DLC are free at the autoshow.

That aside, this game is one of my favorite games to play. Easily in my top 3 of 2014 and the number of hours I have played in it is just ridiculous. I still go back to it for racing binges about weekly. The Storm Island DLC is amazing and is a lot of content to go through. The freedom the game offers is just second to none in racing.

Noobcraft

Sign up for Forza Rewards if you want bonuses. They give tons (like hundreds of thousands of credits) monthly. It's a neat way they reward you for having played Forza games.

Also Storm island has some really great races if you like off road events. (Along with some new road surfaces like lava rocks and rocky trails). It would be cool if storm island was a standalone DLC.
GetPhoto.ashx

RdN

Sign up for Forza Rewards if you want bonuses. They give tons (like hundreds of thousands of credits) monthly. It's a neat way they reward you for having played Forza games.

This is really important.

I honestly don't know how someone can play through a Forza career without being a Rewards member.

Damn I didn't even know this existed and I've played a lot of FH2. I'll have to sign up

Remark

Banned
Credits are easy as hell to get. Only had the game for 3 days and I already have 3 mill credits. Got a bunch of bonuses from being in GAF club, Forza Rewards, and beating Horizon Finale. Also credits come really easy online.

Remark

Banned
Damn I didn't even know this existed and I've played a lot of FH2. I'll have to sign up
Just download Forza Hub on the Xbox Store and it'll automatically put you in as a Rewards member. Got 300,000 credits as soon as I played FH2 from playing FH1, FM5 etc.

oxidax

I did. The first time I joined they gave me about 2million credits because of Forza 4 and I think Forza Horizon 1. Ill have to double check. That was about 2 months ago but they haven't given me that much since then. Last time I got a reward was only about 100,000c.

J3ffro

Okay, that makes sense. I was wondering why you were having such struggles with money, but if you aren't a rewards member you aren't given giant piles every month. I was actually impressed by how little grinding I needed to do in order to buy whatever I wanted.

Shads

I don't know if you played any older Forza games, but if you have, download Forza Hub immediately. They give you free stuff every now and then, which is how I got a Veneno and over $1,000,000 from it among other things. And I've only played Forza 3, Horizon 1, and Forza 5 in order to get these rewards... not sure if I just got lucky or everyone got the same thing, too.

Noobcraft

I did. The first time I joined they gave me about 2million credits because of Forza 4 and I think Forza Horizon 1. Ill have to double check. That was about 2 months ago but they haven't given me that much since then. Last time I got a reward was only about 100,000c.
I just got 1.5 million credits for FH2 and FM5 from it. I'm at Tier 6.

The DLC bit is that I want to purchase all the car packs, but im afraid I wont be able to purchase the cars in game (meaning with the credits at the autoshow) because ill probably never get all the credits together to do so...unless they automatically go to my garage as soon as I purchase the car pack. In that case, I fucked up that part.

Every DLC car is a free in-game purchase. You don't have to spend a single credit on them.

I did buy the season pass and Storm Island, but those were so with it for a game I am going to run up over 1000 hours playing. Also, as was pointed out, just sign up for Forza rewards. It's free, and all of your time spent in this game will net you ridiculous bonus credits in other Forza games.

Personally, between Forza 5 and FH2, I feel like I am set up for all of my racing needs (until Playground pumps out a Rally Racer). That said, I think Project CARS looks good enough that it might persuade me to grab it instead of the Forza 6, just for something a little different.

ohlawd

who is the dude who keeps talking. someone give this guy a lesson in voice acting. stop breathing into the mic, you fuck.

oh yeah, amazing game

Remark

Banned
They give them monthly but you have to go to the Forza Hub to collect said reward.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Just download Forza Hub on the Xbox Store and it'll automatically put you in as a Rewards member. Got 300,000 credits as soon as I played FH2 from playing FH1, FM5 etc.

I've gotten like 2.5 or more from that thing. I also have every Forza game in existence.

Them cheevos helped lol
They give them monthly but you have to go to the Forza Hub to collect said reward.

They're also based on progress in the games as well.

Gestault

Yeah, any of the DLC cars (including the free cars that come with each new pack) don't cost in-game credits. There's not really much need for grinding unless you're going for a few top-tier cars right near the beginning. Also, the Forza Hub makes it rain with in-game credits, lol

vesvci

Banned
Love the game, most fun I've had on the XBO for sure.

My biggest gripe with this game is the DLC structure. It feels like nickel and diming at its best. I got the VIP pass since the game was less than $10 for me, but way in hell I'm dropping money on the Car Pass and the DLCs until they go on sale.

Top Bottom