• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision-Blizzard: "Began 2014 w/ 5 blockbuster series, Expect to end 2015 with 10"

Interesting stuff from the 2014 summary sheet. Seems like Acti-Blizzard have more unannounced projects in pipeline than we think

ibbD9edn228pYb.png

ibsoROA27tPZjq.png

http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...64B79D03785/Q4_2014_ATVI_IR_Summary_Sheet.pdf

Isn't that already 10 there if they're counting Call of Duty Online as a new franchise?

So is this confirming Overwatch for 2015?

old

Can't wait to get my hands on Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch.

Can't think of anything Activision is doing that I'm into. They need to get on the esport train with continually developed living games that have never-ending post launch support; not the "annual release" train. I don't bother with "esports" that are obsolete a year later.

Different Call of Duty games count as different franchises?
Says right above it, "New Business Models, and "New Geographies".

Can't wait to get my hands on Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch.

Can't think of anything Activision is doing that I'm into. They need to get on the esport train. The real "continually developed title" esport train, not the "annual release" train.
They're kind of doing that with Call of Duty Online, but with how successful annual releases plus DLC are in every other country, I doubt we'll see it anywhere else.

They're in it for the money. And they get more money this way.

I also prefer Blizzard's approach at taking a game, and expanding its lifetime over the course of several years.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Overwatch is launching its beta this year. They reconfirmed it in the call.

They said they're not including the official launch (as in not the beta) in their forecast for this year though in the call.

Similarly, this is why Heroes of the Storm is listed as 2015 even though it came out last Spring, or Hearthstone as a 2014 game when it came out in mid 2013.

Koh

Wow, Blizzard used to be my favorite developer with Diablo 2, starcraft and warcraft. Now I'm not playing or interested in any of their or Activision's franchises.

I hope they have some more things in the pipeline.

Wow, Blizzard used to be my favorite developer with Diablo 2, starcraft and warcraft. Now I'm not playing or interested in any of their or Activision's franchises.

I hope they have some more things in the pipeline.

Blizzard and Activision are King of the Wide Audience, don't expect them to take any real risk with less-than-mainstream genres or games that you can't esports.

border

The headline makes it sound like Activision is going to deliver 5 new IPs this year.

Then you read the OP and it turns out they've already (more or less) released all their new IPs.......most of which are actually just based on existing IPs (Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Call of Duty Online).

Turkoop

Banned
*looking at Crash poster*
I WANT THIS DAYUM
And they was a rumour that activision has a exclusive game for the PS4, Not sure who said that but i guess it was Verendus

Please don't be Guitar Hero. They'll kill whatever chance that genre has of making a comeback. Just let Harmonix make Rock Band 4, and Activision can fuck off.

They are also publishing a lot of downloadable titles now with the help of Sierra

For instance, White Night, and Shiftlings were both recently announced as Activision published titles

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They are also publishing a lot of downloadable titles now with the help of Sierra

For instance, White Night, and Shiftlings were both recently announced as Activision published titles

Yes, let me update the title a bit to reflect they mean blockbusters though.

BPoole

The Blizzard side of that chart is infinitely more appealing than the Activision side. I'm hoping Diablo 3 gets another expansion at some point this year. That and Overwatch have me exicted.

The Blizzard side of that chart is infinitely more appealing than the Activision side. I'm hoping Diablo 3 gets another expansion at some point this year. That and Overwatch have me exicted.

If it's one of their core franchises, safe money's on something being in the works.

Some Nobody

Man, not a single one of those titles is for me. Except MAYBE Hearthstone, and I don't feel like playing that on PC. Ah well.

Apathy

While not a huge fan of Heroes, can't wait for the overwatch beta (or whatever they are going to call it if they don't get the name rights).

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Dont underestimate the f2p shooters in Asia. Cross-fire is the biggest FPS in asiaand there are Counterstrike online 1 and 2(Nexon develops it but Valve approves them)

Top Bottom