• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fertile Grounds of Current Gen (nice piece of grass)

DOWN

Banned
Have you stopped and smelled the roses we've been finally given by this gen?

Over in that new Witcher 3 thread, I was again pleasantly surprised by all that foliage.

One element that has been significantly and rapidly improved as we transitioned to this generation is foliage. I first felt that Black Flag's current gen port did a noticeably great job covering the ground in grass that didn't look like obvious flat textures sticking up. This has continued to be the trend, Watch Dogs with its usual great potential but poorly executed windy trees, with GTA V getting significant foliage on PS4 and PC, and Dragon Age Inquisition having hills and trees rustling in the wind around you.

It's made a massive difference (in addition to the odd sudden appearance of great floor surface shine and metallic shine on AC Unity's gilded palaces, along with armor pieces in The Order and Inquisition).

So I have to say, I didn't expect so much grass and lush forestry to join the landscape in the jump between last gen to current gen, but I'm am very pleasantly surprised.

Inquisition
j8pssmdphjswlwq6zmea.gif

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Subscribed for some foliage screenshot goodness to come, hopefully.

I've seen some damn impressive shots from DriveClub, but Far Cry 4 has blown me away the most in my own playtime.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Perhaps not fully part of the current gen tech-wise, but a thread like this won't be complete without a mention of Zelda U's fertile fields.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
What a great thread OP. You should probably also mention that that Inquisition gif there is from the PS4 version, so its not just some maxed out PC build, that's the baseline for forest density on console. Farcry 4 also looks really good...

Top Bottom