• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

12248-force-tank-max.png

How many pingpong balls does my team have?
Click on the image below to play ESPN mockdraft

Draft Prospect Sites
DraftExpress- Informative site. The guys that run the site actually go to check out these prospects at various different functions/tourneys

NBADraft.net- Not as good as the previous one but they've steadily improved since inception. They have a power meter for each player that looks like something pulled out of the back of a Marvel trading card from the 90's. Also their player comparisons often times are a bit amusing. Either way an entertaining read.

xHiryu

If somehow the 76ers get the Lakers Pick and the Heat, then that would be the hypest thing ever. The meltdowns would be something to witness.

Imagine:
#3 - Mudiay
#6 - Winslow / Johnson
#11 - Oubre

Along with Noel / Wroten / Embiid. SQUADDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
If somehow the 76ers get the Lakers Pick and the Heat, then that would be the hypest thing ever. The meltdowns would be something to witness.

Imagine:
#3 - Mudiay
#6 - Winslow / Johnson
#11 - Oubre

Along with Noel / Wroten / Embiid. SQUADDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

And they will trade them for a 2020 pick.

Oh lawd.. we cant out-tank that unless the team collectively decide not to bus to the game ;_;

I just don't know, someone needs to tank harder here. 76ers have been doing it all season but the heat haven't tanked in more than half a decade so i imagine there's some pent up tank within the organization.

we'll know how hungry the heat are if they start beasley tonight.

Oh lawd.. we cant out-tank that unless the team collectively decide not to bus to the game ;_;

The 76ers came back from a 23 point deficit in December, back when they were really trying to tank. We were still trying to win at that point, so I think we will be fine.

If our starting lineup is Chalmers-Beasly-Walker-Haslem-Anderson, we are going to be tough to out tank. The good news is that it's a road game, so they won't feel obligated to play D Wade/Dragic for more than a couple of minutes.

Sooo if we do get the top 10 pick who the fuck do we get? I'm guessing a sg to back up Wade or sf to replace Deng

I have seen Willie Cauley-Stein, Stanley Johnson, Frank Kaminsky, and Sam Dekker projected in the tenth spot over the last couple of weeks.

I think Cauley Stein would an excellent option, if he drops down that low. He is probably the most NBA ready out of the players I mentioned above. He is an excellent rebounder, and defender, I think he would help solve some of our biggest problems, defensive rebounding and points in the paint.

I have seen Willie Cauley-Stein, Stanley Johnson, Frank Kaminsky, and Sam Dekker projected in the tenth spot over the last couple of weeks.

I think Cauley Stein would an excellent option, if he drops down that low. He is probably the most NBA ready out of the players I mentioned above. He is an excellent rebounder, and defender, I think he would help solve some of our biggest problems, defensive rebounding and points in the paint.
So that means if we pick Cauley Stein then we're getting rid of Birdman or getting a replacement if Whiteside walks in 2016.

So that means if we pick Cauley Stein then we're getting rid of Birdman or getting a replacement if Whiteside walks in 2016.

Birdman is under contract through next season, and he is due to make $5 million dollars, so I doubt he is going to retire. I don't think Cauley Stein will be anywhere near as good as Whiteside, but I think he could be a competent starting center, in the event Whiteside leaves.

I have been hearing rumors that the Knicks and Lakers are going to pursue Goran Dragic really hard this summer. I hope he doesn't leave, because neither of those teams are going anywhere anytime soon. Plus, Miami is going to offer him the $100 million dollar max, so he has the most to gain, by staying with us.

Birdman is under contract through next season, and he is due to make $5 million dollars, so I doubt he is going to retire. I don't think Cauley Stein will be anywhere near as good as Whiteside, but I think he could be a competent starting center, in the event Whiteside leaves.

I have been hearing rumors that the Knicks and Lakers are going to pursue Goran Dragic really hard this summer. I hope he doesn't leave, because neither of those teams are going anywhere anytime soon. Plus, Miami is going to offer him the $100 million dollar max, so he has the most to gain, by staying with us.

I don't understand why the Lakers would pursue Goran Dragic. Seems like Clarkson is set to be their PG of the future.

I'd rather get someone like Winslow but I doubt he'll be there once it's our chance to go under the clock. As far as Dragic is concerned we got the money to pay him and the girls and weather to keep him

I don't understand why the Lakers would pursue Goran Dragic. Seems like Clarkson is set to be their PG of the future.
Cuz Jim Buss

"The NBA and NBPA just announced they will introduce HGH blood testing into anti-drug program." - @ByJayKing

Is this the end of LeBrons career?

It's going to be fun to see a bunch of skinny dudes next season. That lasted like 2 months this season until some people took a 2 week vacation to miami.

Into

"The NBA and NBPA just announced they will introduce HGH blood testing into anti-drug program." - @ByJayKing

Is this the end of LeBrons career?

I love how his 2 weeks "vacation" has been treated in such a...strange way on various NBA podcasts. Simmons and Lowe put up this weird silence around it "whatever he did.......in Miami...during those 2 weeks......heh....you know", Simmons is clearly heard as giggling, like this is so obvious you assholes but we cannot say it out loud, as does Israel/Amin, Shelbourne etc. Nobody wants to bring it up because they would get sued or lose their jobs, but its impossible to believe that PED and HGH are not involved in *every* single pro sport today.

Who knows, is it better to have the shit dominated the headlines like in Tour de France, UFC, baseball in mid 90s, or just pretend it magically does not exist in the NBA?

I love how his 2 weeks "vacation" has been treated in such a...strange way on various NBA podcasts. Simmons and Lowe put up this weird silence around it "whatever he did.......in Miami...during those 2 weeks......heh....you know", Simmons is clearly heard as giggling, like this is so obvious you assholes but we cannot say it out loud, as does Israel/Amin, Shelbourne etc. Nobody wants to bring it up because they would get sued or lose their jobs, but its impossible to believe that PED and HGH are not involved in *every* single pro sport today.

Who knows, is it better to have the shit dominated the headlines like in Tour de France, UFC, baseball in mid 90s, or just pretend it magically does not exist in the NBA?

Lebatard has petty much called it for what it is, hell he was discussion it earlier on his show.

Wade has opted in to next year, Dragic has opted out.

Both were pretty much expected, now to hope that Deng doesn't opt in because he isn't worth the dumb money riley threw at him

Wade has opted in to next year, Dragic has opted out.

Both were pretty much expected, now to hope that Deng doesn't opt in because he isn't worth the dumb money riley threw at him

I would be surprised if Deng opts out. He is going to make around $10 million next season, and no other team is going to pay him anywhere near that much.

But yeah we definitely overpaid him, maybe if he opts out we can sign him for less.

Sandfox

The wait for the offseason is going to feel like forever.

All of the Dragic to Lakers news was before Clarkson started playing as well as he has been and even then he still needs to make improvements to his game before I'm happy with him as a starter. Based on what he said during his exit interview the Lakers have him working on the right things though.

JNA

Banned

Dragic is old news and MItch Kupchack already commented on not using cap space for the sake of having cap space. As well as not using it for "B" tier players. It's just media people making baseless rumors for clicks and are so desperate for the Lakers to sign a big name player for the sake of it.

Clarkson is definitely the future PG, like Randle is the future PF. Hopefully we get lucky in the lottery and get a top 4 pick for either Towns, Okafor, Russell or Winslow.

Clarkson and Russell together at the backcourt for the next decade is scary as hell. But, won't day dream such things until after May 19th. :D

Sandfox

Dragic is old news and MItch Kupchack already commented on not using cap space for the sake of having cap space. As well as not using it for "B" tier players. It's just media people making baseless rumors for clicks and are so desperate for the Lakers to sign a big name player for the sake of it.

Clarkson is definitely the future PG, like Randle is the future PF. Hopefully we get lucky in the lottery and get a top 4 pick for either Towns, Okafor, Russell or Winslow.

Clarkson and Russell together at the backcourt for the next decade is scary as hell. But, won't day dream such things until after May 19th. :D

That necessarily isn't true because the Lakers may very well pull off a trade.

JNA

Banned
That necessarily isn't true because the Lakers may very well pull off a trade.

They could, or they could not. What trade are we talking here? Randle for Cousins?

I'm only stating the fact that right now, until further notice, that Clarkson is the point guard of the team. That could change but it would take a star player to change that. And guys like Dragic are no stars. Lakers likely won't settle for anything less.

I just realized that Hassan Whiteside's PER was 6th in the NBA this year, basically he was behind Harden, Westbrook, Curry, and Davis, who are all potential MVP candidates, and Kevin Durant, who is a former MVP. I still can't get over the fact that he was shooting hoops at the YMCA a couple of months ago. I hope he continues the hard work this summer.

Bosh is back to doing physical activities, even though he is still on blood thinners. Goran Dragic sounds like he really wants to be back in Miami next year. Things are looking really good for us so far.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Do many people know this thread is up? I still see the regular season thread getting bumped. Thread title for this should probably also have 2015 slapped on it somewhere.

Denver supposedly is high on Brooks. I doubt he would come, I doubt they would pay the money and...yeah. I know he seems decent at developing talent but it seems they would be wise to go in another direction.

I expect them to screw it up again!

Denver supposedly is high on Brooks. I doubt he would come, I doubt they would pay the money and...yeah. I know he seems decent at developing talent but it seems they would be wise to go in another direction.

I expect them to screw it up again!

Is he actually decent at developing talent or has he just been incredibly lucky with the talent drafted by his team?

Chichikov

Is he actually decent at developing talent or has he just been incredibly lucky with the talent drafted by his team?
Mostly lucky I think, we're not talking about QBs here, in the NBA talent tend to shine (at least when we're talking about players in the caliber of Durant and Westbrook).

Also, Westbrook had not been properly developed.
No way, no how.

A little bit of both. Some of the guys were already good but others needed time and coaching to grow.

Annnnnnd now I'm hearing D'antoni rumors too, send help.

A little bit of both. Some of the guys were already good but others needed time and coaching to grow.

Annnnnnd now I'm hearing D'antoni rumors too, send help.

I can't think of anyone that he undoubtedly developed. Like Chichikov, I don't think player development really happens on a head coach level. Or maybe it does and Monty Williams is one of the greatest coaches of his generation for what he's doing/did to Anthony Davis.

Top Bottom