• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enviro-Bear 2010 - best iPhone/Touch game ever???

Courtesy of Touch Arcade:

Enviro-Bear 2010 is a bear driving a car simulator where you have five minutes to fatten yourself up and drive to your cave in preparation for winter. The controls are hilariously awful, and while the iPhone may be capable of multi-touch gestures, as a bear driving a car you only have one free paw which is what you use to drive around and scarf down food.

You can use your single paw to do all kinds of things, from putting the car in to drive or reverse, throwing just about anything (including the clock tracking your remaining time) out the window, and defending yourself from badgers.

414903_2.jpg

http://toucharcade.com/2009/07/10/enviro-bear-2010-the-best-bear-driving-simulator-in-the-app-store/

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
One of the best, for sure. It's something characters in Aqua Teen Hunger force would make if they joined their forces.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Ok, just played it.
WTF?

I drove around slowly until I hit a mountain. Some rocks fell down.
Grabbed one and put it on the gas pedal and threw it in reverse, now I was rockin'.

Drove around, ate some fish, crashed into another car being driven by another bear, and ate the berries that popped out. I hope they were berries.

Finally time to hibernate and I barely managed to get myself into the cave.

Final verdict, glad I bought it. :)

noob to ipod question: do I have to have a 3g to run this? It says I need the iphone 3.0 update but won't prompt me to download anything.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
robut said:
noob to ipod question: do I have to have a 3g to run this? It says I need the iphone 3.0 update but won't prompt me to download anything.
That means you need to upgrade your device to the 3.0 firmware via your computer in iTunes.

Flib

robut said:

You have to pay $10 for the update

dallow_bg said:
Ok, just played it.
WTF?

Grabbed one and put it on the gas pedal and threw it in reverse, now I was rockin'.

Drove around, ate some fish, crashed into another car being driven by another bear, and ate the berries that popped out. I hope they were berries.

I think you just sold me.

Barrett2

dallow_bg said:
Ok, just played it.
WTF?

back of the box worthy

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
dallow_bg said:
Ok, just played it.
WTF?

That's a typical gameplay experience, yeah. Now look forward to ravenous badgers.

todahawk

dallow_bg said:
Ok, just played it.
WTF?

wait until you have a frickin' pissed off badger in there with you.
414903_2.jpg

OMG, i'm doing teh rock trick on the gas pedal and flew through a river and now fish are falling (through the sunroof) right into my mouth.

found 4 bears in cars just parked on the other side. one just raced by.

I just wish the theme song was like the one from Heavy Weapon. Imagine it: <hairband>"ENVIRO-BEARRRRRRRRR! LOOKIN FOR FRUIT IN 2010!"</hairband>

Timo

Costanza said:
stop being a cheapass and buy the update

There is almost nothing in that update for me man. I thought about it, but I won't use half of that shit, at most.

greenjerk said:
OMG, i'm doing teh rock trick on the gas pedal and flew through a river and now fish are falling (through the sunroof) right into my mouth.
This is even better than the Scribblenauts time-traveling dinosaur quote.

todahawk

shit, got stuck in another river, covered with fishbones and can't move. snow is piling up as i watch my time run out. :(

envirobear.jpg

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Flunkie said:
This. But it was pretty hard to play with a mouse. I'd imagine it's a lot easier with touch controls.
It's still pretty awkward to control in my opinion.

Can't keep playing this at my desk.
I look forward to badgers when I get home!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
If you're using the timer clock to press on the gas pedal, be sure to clinch it below the brake pedal - it will be much more likely to stay in place that way, if your car starts rolling!

NO - the game would be worse with multitouch. Much of the fun is all the stupid juggling of everything that you have to do with one paw.

todahawk

Gary Whitta said:
Another box quote!
i'm so loving this game!
surprised at the little things: pine cones falling after hitting trees, bees, badgers. can't wait to see what else i can find.

todahawk

lawblob said:
So, whats up with the name? "Enviro?" "2010?"

dunno and don't care. :D

btw, it's certain trees that dump bees on you. not stumps as i originally though... and badgers eat any food you might have in your car.

todahawk

I started year 4 and suddenly my bear had this on his head:
envirobear2.jpg

FWIW, the dev said he made it 3.0 required by accident. An update is coming that will make it support 2.2

dream

Timo said:
There is almost nothing in that update for me man. I thought about it, but I won't use half of that shit, at most.

How about the ability to run apps that require 3.0?

Neckbeard69

Neo Member
Havent laughed this hard in months. This game is so good.

Ended up with two badgers and a load of leaves in the car before getting snowed in.

Fuck 1943, im gonna play the shit out of this during the weekend.

Top Bottom