• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

how long does the wifi components in the wii lasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plank

Please for give me I'm not that technical savvy as most of Gaf, but Its been less than three years since I got a Wii and we go on line a lot (wiiware, vc). Its been working fine until this past weekend. For some reason it can't find an access point when I try to set it up wireless. I even manually entered the ssid and it still wont connect. Here's the thing, the other computers (laptop) and devices (DSi) that uses the wifi connects to it just fine so I'm assuming nothings wrong with the wireless router. Do you guys think that its the wifi components in the wii? Any Solutions?

Move this to gaming plz thanks.

I doubt the Wii's WiFi went "bad"--if you literally did not change anything in the Wii or router settings before you had problems, it's likely something popped up nearby that is causing interference. You could try changing the channel the router is broadcasting on.

Struct09

Try changing the wireless channel on the router to 1 or 11. The default is usually 6, but Wii works best with 1 and 11.

plank

Looks like I'm going to have to get a new Wii or something, I've tried everything, even reset the modem and the router. :/ The DSi and laptop I have works great with the Linksys router I have. There even picking up my neighbors wireless signals. The Wii right now picks up nothing. :(

1233700913940.jpg

Jayge

It's a longshot but... did you consider e-mailing or calling Nintendo Support before asking GAF and deciding to buy a new Wii? (Why isn't this in gaming?)

Go to your router, scrap your network settings and completely re-do them. then try again. This happened to me with my Wii a few months ago and that was the exact problem.

If it continues to not work after that, call Nintendo.

plank

Move this to gaming plz thanks.

Ok now I know its the wifi in the Wii. every time I unplug the whole unit from an outlet and plug it back in it connects for a while then loses the connection.

Dali

Forkball said:
The Wii has a self destruct chip inside of it that goes off when you buy a third party game.
Well played. I was going to go with 'it depends on the amount use it gets, so for the average Wii owner 15-27 years'.

plank

Got it to work fine now. Interesting only when I've erased the old version of the Internet Channel is when it started working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom