• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Xbox One Experience Beta |OT| Beta tested in the future

etta

my hard graphic balls
GeESA0X.png
l4HFDXF.png

The NXOE (New Xbox One Experience) beta has begun. Some preview members have been invited as of September 16 via Xbox Messages, but have not yet been accepted in. The selection process is based on your contribution level and other unknown variables. You can opt-in via the Preview Dashboard app.

The selection process will happen in waves, and updates will be released frequently. Be sure to read all information given via the Preview Dashboard app and on the Xbox One Preview Forums, and I will try to keep the thread up-to-date with the latest information and known bugs/issues. The secondary objective of this thread is to, hopefully, get people to post their issues and ask questions here, rather than creating individual threads. As this is an entire OS that is in preview, it is expected to having many bugs and issues.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How To Opt-In To The New Xbox One Experience Preview

Xbox One Preview Forums <---- *****Check here first if you encounter any system-breaking bugs*****

Mike Ybarra's Twitter page
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17/11/15
DETAILS

OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1510.151116-1758
Available: 6:00PM PST 11/17 (2AM GMT 18/7)

Update notes for 11/2
***IMPORTANT NOTICE***
Just a quick heads up to those with the update, there's a bug currently where after powering on the console, the wifi hardware in the console won't work correctly. If you go to test your connection you'll get an error saying you need to send your Xbox One in for repair. If you get this issue, hard reset your console and it'll work fine.

***IMPORTANT NOTICE***
Update is out and available for everyone!

***IMPORTANT NOTICE***
Make sure to read this.

Noobcraft

I can't register via Preview Dashboard so I guess I'll have to wait. Given that the new update has a tendency to turn Forza 6 races different hues of blue/purple I think it's best I wait lol.

Bsigg12

Here's the rest of the known issues:

General System Issues

System Update Errors:
If you encounter an update error screen while downloading a system update and the console freezes, please wait 3 minutes before rebooting the console to ensure crash data is captured. Crash data is submitted automatically; no action required on your part.

Party Chat: When entering connected standby with a party chat session open, after resuming from connected standby party chat may no longer function.
Workaround: Hard reset the console.

Xbox Button: While holding down a button on the controller or plugging in a racing wheel and pressing the Xbox button, the power menu may pop up after which the Xbox button will fail to recognize input.

Automatic Downloads: Content purchased from Xbox.com will not automatically download to the Xbox One console. This feature is planned to come later.

Browser: You will be unable to use voice commands in the browser; using voice commands in the browser will likely cause the console to hang and require a hard reset to resolve the issue.

My games & apps: After downloading a system update My games & apps may fail to populate.

Games stuck in the queue: You may find games are unexpectedly remaining in the download queue.

Notifications: Friends do not receive game toast notifications.

Live TV: The following issues affect the Live TV experience:

Cable/Satellite set top box compatibility is not yet at parity with the current Xbox One experience. Please continue to report video playback and audio issues using the Report a problem app to help us improve the experience. HDMI troubleshooting steps:

-Go Home and press the menu button on the OneGuide app to quit, then restart it.

-Unplug and re-plug the HDMI-in cable from the Xbox, ensuring it&#8217;s seated securely in the port.

-With the Xbox One turned on, pull the power cord on the cable/satellite box, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in.

-Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox One to perform a hard reboot of the console.

Dolby Digital surround sound will not work for Live TV.

App channels cannot be set as a Favorite.

The &#8220;Xbox Snap TV&#8221; voice command does not work. You can snap TV via voice command by saying &#8220;Xbox Snap OneGuide&#8221; or choosing OneGuide from the Snap Center.

The OneGuide pin doesn&#8217;t function. You can launch OneGuide using the app, voice commands, or from the OneGuide twist.

You may experience a stuck frame streaming TV to the Xbox App. You can enter OneGuide or resize your window to restore video playback.

The media transport controls do not work when streaming TV to SmartGlass and Xbox app clients.

When resuming from connected standby the Xbox One media remote may fail to send commands; a hard reset resolves this.

Community Twist

Currently this area is not fully populated with content and is missing large sections of the user experience. Activity feed content also may not be actionable and items on the trending items second level screen have not been fully tuned. As Preview moves forward content and features in this area will light up.
Xbox App/Smartglass

SmartGlass and Xbox App Live TV/OneGuide: You may experience issues connecting to Live TV or OneGuide when connecting to the console with SmartGlass.
Workaround: Set your SmartGlass connection to auto connect, quit the app, and restart. If the issue persists, hard reset the console.

Basic SmartGlass functionality is now available including gamepad navigation, touch navigation, remote text entry, media playback control, and companions for apps and games. Other features such as two-finger touch panning, media companions, and power on/off will not function in this build.

Accessories

Xbox One Media Remote:
When resuming from connected standby the Xbox One media remote may fail to send commands; a hard reset resolves this.
The buttons for media playback will not work (rewind, play, pause, fast forward, skip back, stop, skip forward). The directional and center &#8220;select&#8221; button will function as normal.

USB TV Tuner: If you have a USB TV Tuner plugged into your Threshold Xbox One console, Windows and Windows Phone SmartGlass devices will crash when attempting to connect to the console. To avoid this, you can switch to the Xbox App on Windows 10 or reset your TV settings and avoid setting up the USB TV Tuner.

Third Party Steering Wheels: Using a third party steering wheel will work in games, however, it may cause instability to the console after attempting to use the Xbox button to return to the dashboard.

Yoday

I'm really looking forward to this new UI. The current one is fine, but too slow. I am interesting in seeing if they have changed the collection UI, and to see what they have done with achievements. I really hope achievements are just part of the UI instead of a separate app.

I registered through the Preview app, hope I get in on wave one. Was really hoping they'd give ambassadors an auto invite like they did when the program went live.

StillEdge

I just paid a lot of money for The Taken King not to work. That would be such a bummer. If it were older games sure. But not brand new ones :(

Bsigg12

I just paid a lot of money for The Taken King not to work. That would be such a bummer. If it were older games sure. But not brand new ones :(

Maybe wait until early October or at least until the game comes off the list? This will be going until November.

After reading all the gotchas, I'm not opting in at this time. Too many of those games and apps are important for me or the wife. Good luck and Godspeed to those brave souls who take the plunge.

RowdyReverb

Man, I'm intrigued but that known problems list gives me pause. I use the device 4-5 hrs per day (including watching cable TV), so it would kinda suck to have it potentially gimped.
That new dashboard tho

Is 360 BC included in this update?

Man, I'm intrigued but that known problems list gives me pause. I use the device 4-5 hrs per day (including watching cable TV), so it would kinda suck to have it potentially gimped.
That new dashboard tho

Is 360 BC included in this update?

BC is already available

Hawk269

Then opt out.

This is what I fear will happen...people will accept it and then come to this board and bitch about things being broken, creating threads and basically talking as much shit as they can about the Xbox One.

So for those that are in the preview program, please ensure you fully understand what you are opting in for when you do this particular beta testing. This is unlike any of the past ones, so things will break and not work.

ryan299

I opted in but I haven't provided much feedback. How do you find out your rank or the amount of points you have?

Hawk269

I opted in but I haven't provided much feedback. How do you find out your rank or the amount of points you have?

In the preview app there is a "Stats" box, just click on that and it shows your stats, you can even compare yourself to others and how your rank.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I assume the problems with the major games, like FM6 and TTK will be fixed pretty quickly, I don't see them dragging it out for a weeks, or until the last day before official public release. My guess is there will be a 2-3 day turnover on big issues.

Funny that they call the update Threshold just like on PC.

Well that is the codename for Windows 10.

Trying to decide if I want to opt in right now, I play Destiny so if that didn't work at all that would be an issue. Hopefully they clarify a bit more what games & apps "may fail to launch" means.

I'd probably opine that if there are any games or features you couldn't live without for up to two weeks, don't sign up right now. I'm a bit more pessimistic on major things getting fixed quickly.

Chris1

Clearly, and the reason I am not opting in. I've been in the preview program since day one and it's never broken a new game that I was currently playing.

You've also never had an update that's pretty much rewriting the entire xbox. I imagine that will get fixed pretty quickly anyways.

I think I'll be opting in. Nothing stands out and makes me not want to in the list of known errors since I don't play destiny or FM.

Ohhhh shit!! Message notification just popped! IOS9 and New XBox dash all in one day. Almost makes up for the shit day at work.

Any early impressions?

Lima

Bitch that are a lot of known bugs. Considering how my main game is Forza for now I will hold off until issues with it are fully fixed.

OEM

Wait what?

OP where did you get this part from?

Everything you have on your console will be deleted! All the games, game saves, account profiles. The console will also be defaulted back to factory settings, you will need to re-configure everything again.

This seems super buggy than I ever expected. Opting out lol.

Top Bottom