• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf! |OT| Making Animal Friends Is Awesome?

Darryl

Banned
There could also be a traitor involved, in addition to the possibilities of a role-block/doctor/bullet-proof/withheld kill. It seems like a fitting role for this game.

Darryl

Banned
I think the random vote pressure has been played out enough, especially this early. It screams scummy to me nowadays. I'm not sure if it has ever received results.

RIP Gafia!Ouro

Anyway, no night kills. That's...surprising.

I'm going for no lynch, until I can figure out what to do with the small amount of info we have.

cabot

Contrary to Darryl, I actually enjoy throwing my vote around.

VOTE: batsnacks

passing round the nostalgia tour, destination 2: bats, our favourite jailer.

Andodalf

Banned
Yeah, I'm not sure at all what the point of the vote to make people talk is. It implies that the town would be willing to lynch someone who doesn't talk, which it almost certainly wouldn't do this early, right?

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I'm not sure at all what the point of the vote to make people talk is. It implies that the town would be willing to lynch someone who doesn't talk, which it almost certainly wouldn't do this early, right?

Someone who doesn't communicate is suspicious. Do you not agree?

Huh!? I'm just putting all the scummy people on a list. You're awful non-commital despite being right here ready to plot your defenses, scum.

Hm? I was just wondering why aiming for lynch day 1 is scummy. Probably quoted the wrong post for it to be fair, but you know. And you're awfully aggressive for...wait no it's you never mind.

Doesn't help that I keep forgetting the whole no editing thing.

El Topo

I would lynch someone who refused to talk if votes were on him/her, yes.

Discussion is the game.

I don't think there have been many successful cases of convincing people to vote for someone else (barring role reveals and the like), so ignoring them and/or refusing to talk makes sense, because otherwise you risk drawing attention from others.

cabot

I don't think there have been many successful cases of convincing people to vote for someone else (barring role reveals and the like), so ignoring them and/or refusing to talk makes sense, because otherwise you risk drawing attention from others.

There's been a lot of cases of people reacting from votes, which helps in deducing reads.

I will never endorse silence, it's anti-town.

cabot

Nothing, absolutely nothing. And now that you've posted...

Vote: Darryl

I think the random vote pressure has been played out enough, especially this early. It screams scummy to me nowadays. I'm not sure if it has ever received results.

Watch List:
CornBurrito
Makai
Cabot
RNH
El Topo
Ultron

Why isnt QuestionBro down here in the scum barrel with us when he did something that screams scummy to you?

Have to fully disagree. It gets information out there and people talking potentially. And it is all we have to go on Day1.

I've been convinced to change my vote before via talk. Granted I was known to be a wishy washy flip floppy moron in DR, but hey if it worked on me it can theoretically work on others.

I've been convinced to change my vote before via talk.

Vote:CornBurrito

Even if you turn out to not be scum you might be swayed to vote with them.

That and I don't have enough to go on to vote for someone else yet, well apart from Darryl being awfully vigilant, but I cant decide if it's to protect us townies or to eat us townies.

cabot

On my list how many people do you think are scum? 2? If so who do you think those guys are

I'd say there's a good chance of one scum in there, based on the size of the list and the number of players overall.

I don't have any scum reads on anyone just now, though I have people I will be suspicious of due to past games and experience. From your list I'd include Topo and CB.

Haven't played with Makai, RNH or ultron and I'm alright. I looked in the mirror this morning and didn't feel instantly sick.

That and I don't have enough to go on to vote for someone else yet, well apart from Darryl being awfully vigilant, but I cant decide if it's to protect us townies or to eat us townies.

Tis the nature of the beast. But mafia leading town lynches also puts a target on them potentially.

NO EDITING

not even for spelling rectification!

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

cabot

NO EDITING

not even for spelling rectification!

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Oh my god!

live footage of CB and Yeeny:

T2iBlhe.gif

El Topo

There's been a lot of cases of people reacting from votes, which helps in deducing reads.

I will never endorse silence, it's anti-town.

I disagree. Let us assume you have a role, maybe you're the doctor, yet some people voted for you. If you ignore them, you might survive the day without having to role claim, while mafia might leave you alone, thinking that you might be lynched the next day. If you defend yourself, there is a good chance people will vote for you, especially given the type of accusations thrown around.

I personally really dislike this whole "staying quiet and ignoring accusations" playstyle, but it's certainly a smart way to stay alive.

cabot

I disagree. Let us assume you have a role, maybe you're the doctor, yet some people voted for you. If you ignore them, you might survive the day without having to role claim, while mafia might leave you alone, thinking that you might be lynched the next day. If you defend yourself, there is a good chance people will vote for you, especially given the type of accusations thrown around.

I personally really dislike this whole "staying quiet and ignoring accusations" playstyle, but it's certainly a smart way to stay alive.

So we agree in principle, but you're playing devil's advocate?

Countering your argument, I was Doctor in MGS and while I never went under any real pressure, I did address votes cast on me and was generally active the entire game and no one thought I was a PR, Palmer even told me he was going to claim doctor towards the end of the game just before I did (idiot cabot).

It only becomes a problem with how you react, with the exception of a last minute bandwagon.

El Topo

So we agree in principle, but you're playing devil's advocate?

In a way. I mean I think it's a smart way to fly under the radar and avoid scrutiny, which can benefit both town and mafia. In general you are of course correct that more discussion and discourse, in particular when a life is on the line, is beneficial for town.

Countering your argument, I was Doctor in MGS and while I never went under any real pressure, I did address votes cast on me and was generally active the entire game and no one thought I was a PR, Palmer even told me he was going to claim doctor towards the end of the game just before I did (idiot cabot).

It only becomes a problem with how you react, with the exception of a last minute bandwagon.

I don't know. I guess it depends on the situation and the players involved. I personally often get worked up about votes against me. Oh well, I'll think about it.

Sophia

I feel like the only person who doesn't benefit from silence is a normal townie.

You could say that, to a degree, nobody benefits from silence. Town need to know who their allies are, scum need to know who their enemies are, and power roles are usually interested in everyone regardless of alignment. Of course, there is an art in knowing when and when not to open one's mouth. :p

FluxWaveZ

You could say that, to a degree, nobody benefits from silence. Town need to know who their allies are, scum need to know who their enemies are, and power roles are usually interested in everyone regardless of alignment. Of course, there is an art in knowing when and when not to open one's mouth. :p

Scum already know who all of their enemies are—at least that's very likely in this case—because they have knowledge of each other.

Sophia

Scum already know who all of their enemies are—at least that's very likely in this case—because they have knowledge of each other.

This is true in the basic sense, but they still get some benefit from the conversation. Seeing who is and isn't passive, who leads conversations, who follows, who bandwagons, etc.

Nobody has any reason to be completely silent, is what I'm getting at.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

I always open my game up with a random vote, it's a Terrabyte special!

Don't want to derail the current conversation, but I did want to post some food for thought:

Regardless of whether it was a doctor or some other role, I think it's safe to assume that whoever was targeted last night was a veteran. VERY meta, I know, but let's keep in mind whoever got killed night zero technically doesn't get to play, and we try to make good first impressions for newbies.

Darryl

Banned
May I know why you voted for me, or is this another random pressure vote? Since you disapproved of those, I would assume you have a proper reason for doing so.

I voted for you because you're scum. Obviously. You know you're scum. I know it. Every post you make reeks of it.

FluxWaveZ

I voted for you because you're scum. Obviously. You know you're scum. I know it. Every post you make reeks of it.

Interesting. I would like to see a list of examples, because this seems to be serious and I didn't think things would go into overdrive so soon.

And, you know, Darryl, there's something aggressive and antagonizing about the comments you've been making since the start. cabot pointed out the contradiction with your list earlier, and your only defense was "oh, they're on a separate list." And now, you're 100% targeting me, when no one else seems to be wary of me or should have any reason to.

Something's not right. You already have two votes. Let me add a third.

Interesting. I would like to see a list of examples, because this seems to be serious and I didn't think things would go into overdrive so soon.

And, you know, Darryl, there's something aggressive and antagonizing about the comments you've been making since the start. cabot pointed out the contradiction with your list earlier, and your only defense was "oh, they're on a separate list." And now, you're 100% targeting me, when no one else seems to be wary of me or should have any reason to.

Something's not right. You already have two votes. Let me add a third.

I mean to be fair the bolded I think is just known as "being Darryl"

Top Bottom