• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf! |OT| Making Animal Friends Is Awesome?

Here's every post you've made on someone before you voted on me:
I'm not even mentioned once.

This is the single post where you directly interact with me:

You've clearly shown your weariness and suspicion there, chum.

Could you link which posts made you suspicious?
I can have thoughts in my head without needing to post them
But the majority of my vote against you is to make sure Flux doesn't get lynched; the fallout would be enormous
I'm more than happy enough to vote for someone else, or unvote entirely, if Flux won't be on the chopping block because of it

I can have thoughts in my head without needing to post them

Right which is why I didn't ask you to link posts YOU made that made you suspicious because that wouldn't make sense.

I'm asking you to link posts Cabot made that set your alarm bells off. If you can't do that then where did your suspicions come from?

Darryl

Banned
I just knew your timezone was coming up so it was the best person to change my vote to. Flux and Cabot are both putting me off but it isn't like they are the best day 1 targets.

But the majority of my vote against you is to make sure Flux doesn't get lynched; the fallout would be enormous

People need to stop underestimating the playerbase. No, the fallout wouldn't be enormous. I truly believe that even if Flux flipped town, we wouldn't revenge lynch Darryl. People are wrong. Their convictions can be wrong. Being wrong doesn't make you scum. It doesn't even make you anti-town, because literally every member of town is going to be wrong at some point. That Darryl feigns confidence seems to just be Darryl.

MattyG was the next one in the list after Rolanderson with 3 posts.

Ok sure, that's fair. I'm kind of surprised though, he's not new and knows how not speaking doesn't help. Like at least QuantumBro's actually made some points, but Matty's said nothing at all.

Honestly, I wish I could. But since going to sleep and waking up the leads seem to have been resolved and everything else is just going in circles. Flux I believe is town, Darryl is being an arse but every town has one so I think he's on our side too.

I'm honestly surprised Andodalf was one of us, he was the only person who I legitimately felt was scum. Everyone is it's just a 'umm, could be I guess feeling.

It's almost lunch time and I'll read in more depth but it's looking like a no lynch or just a random vote from me (Which I'd rather avoid if we can get a wolf day one!), unless someone slips and gets suspicious.

I dare post what I'm thinking in full detail because it'll just be seen as 'parroting' and I've seen how well that's working out for Style.

Yeah but we won't have any leads if people don't make leads. Don't be afraid of posting, this is a game entirely based around accusations and seeing how these accusations resolve themselves. If you don't post, it just makes you suspicious. And remember that it's a group effort, if you get killed then yes, it sucks that you can't play anymore, but you can still win if your team wins. So if you're town, pushing for info is the best thing you can do. Shutting up helps only the wolves.

And yeah, noone has anything to go on on day 1, but no lynching just keeps us spinning our wheels and allows the wolves to get off a free kill.

People need to stop underestimating the playerbase. No, the fallout wouldn't be enormous. I truly believe that even if Flux flipped town, we wouldn't revenge lynch Darryl. People are wrong. Their convictions can be wrong. Being wrong doesn't make you scum. It doesn't even make you anti-town, because literally every member of town is going to be wrong at some point. That Darryl feigns confidence seems to just be Darryl.
If you think there isn't going to be a revenge lynch, I'll put some faith in you
You have more experience in forum Mafia than I
Xam and Ultron both look like great day 1 targets.
Aight bruh

UNVOTE: Cabot
(I re-evaluated Cabot's postings and made a different choice)

cabot

If you think there isn't going to be a revenge lynch, I'll put some faith in you

Revenge lynches are a dumb way to play. As covered, people will be wrong. It's a game based on reads for the majority of the time. Yes, PRs help offer some credible info, but these are aids, not lifelines.

You're going to be relying on reading people's posts and content rather than sitting around hoping a PR stays alive and hits gold.

Aight bruh

I still do want you to link which (if any) of Cabot's posts made you suspicious of him.

cabot

That insta-retraction was pretty dubious, though I'll keep my vote on MattyG for now.

I'm seeing famous musician act The Prodigy tonight, so while I may be around at deadline, I will absolutely be smashed. I plan to lay my final vote sometime tonight around 6 or 7pm (UK Time), please don't do a last minute crazy where I have to reassess my vote under the influence.

Makai

Flux was acting like Darryl's some sort of puppeteer, manipulating players to his will. I thought this was preposterous, but here's Xam literally following his lead.

Vote: Cabot

VOTE: Cabot
I semi-trust darrly

-----

Xam and Ultron both look like great day 1 targets.

Aight bruh

Don't latch onto people like this. Your vote is completely on you. You can trust someone's alignment; don't trust their intuition.

I'm not doing this again, but my position is cemented: when I am lynched, lynch Darryl. Don't wanna do it? Won't mean much to me; I'll be dead. But if you want Town to lose by keeping Darryl around, be my guest. It might even be more entertaining to watch that happen from the outside when the deed is done.

And you brought it up again; I only reply when I'm instigated.

I told you this before: I will end up being lynched and I welcome it but, in the same breath, you have to lynch Darryl immediately when it happens. Town or not, it doesn't matter.

I clearly know what I'm doing, so that's why you accuse me of not knowing what I'm doing? Man, your logic is the best.

So I think Flux is trying a little too hard to convince us he's town. I know, I know, It's all been said a million times before but that's what I get from reading his posts.

Darryl just comes across as aggressive, I thought at first that maybe Darryl and Flux had this whole argument pre-planned to draw attention to them at the start so it would inevitably become old hat by the end of day 1 and make people so sick of it that no one lynch's them. But that would be one hell of a plan.

Flux was acting like Darryl's some sort of puppeteer, manipulating players to his will. I thought this was preposterous, but here's Xam literally following his lead.

-----

Don't latch onto people like this. Your vote is completely on you. You can trust someone's alignment; don't trust their intuition.

Hard to tell if it is just someone trusting Darryl too much, or a mafia attempting to join some safe bandwagons since Darryl is leading them.

So I think Flux is trying a little too hard to convince us he's town. I know, I know, It's all been said a million times before but that's what I get from reading his posts.

Darryl just comes across as aggressive, I thought at first that maybe Darryl and Flux had this whole argument pre-planned to draw attention to them at the start so it would inevitably become old hat by the end of day 1 and make people so sick of it that no one lynch's them. But that would be one hell of a plan.

I'm usually a fan of these grand conspiracy theories, but I'm not feeling this one.

On an unrelated note, with Andodolf gone from the game there are 3 posters left in my "probably scum based on post count" reasoning: Flux, Cabot, Darryl.

I've already said I trusted Darryl. Leaving Flux and Cabot.

El Topo

I feel Flux is suspicious, as is maybe Xam's quick response, but I also think this could just be due to a lack of experience. Lynching new players is something I would like to avoid, especially after how things worked out in Archer.

Ok but my vote isn't changing off you until you link which (if any) posts Cabot made that made you suspicious of him. Because you look like a mafia bandwagoner to me.
I thought cabot had made posts that he actually hadn't, upon a further re-reading
I'm not used to dealing with this kind of slow-roll

I thought cabot had made posts that he actually hadn't, upon a further re-reading

0_0

The thing is... I've made these sorts of mistakes so I can't really call bullshit.

But um...

Gonna leave my vote for now but I'm much more willing to change it.

Timeaisis

Xam, what the hell are you doing? Going for cabot without a clear reason, then buckling under pressure without explaining why you went cabot in the first place? Either you feel like you really need to vote for someone as town to prove you are contributing (hint: you don't) or you are scum trying to move the game forward. I'm not sure which way I'm leaning, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now because you are clearly a new player.

Xam, what the hell are you doing? Going for cabot without a clear reason, then buckling under pressure without explaining why you went cabot in the first place? Either you feel like you really need to vote for someone as town to prove you are contributing (hint: you don't) or you are scum trying to move the game forward. I'm not sure which way I'm leaning, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now because you are clearly a new player.
I appreciate that

FluxWaveZ

What.

VOTE: Xamtheking

I hope you come up with a better defense, soon. Though, from my short experience, that seems to make one even more suspicious when they're under the heat.

FluxWaveZ

Interesting, the only player defending Xam after that ridiculous statement is the one I see as being a werewolf for sure.

Sophia

I don't get why Xam announced his speed reading, and then make a mistake about cabot's posts. I could possibly understand that mistake if we were an hour out from the deadline.... but seven to eight hours out? We have time. We don't need to speed read right now.

Timeaisis

Interesting, the only player defending Xam after that ridiculous statement is the one I see as being a werewolf for sure.

Hah! If that was a defense, I'm sure I could do a much better job at it! I'm not quick to jump on the Xam bandwagon and I'm trying to help a new player out. Keep digging that hole, Flux. I'm sure you'll get lynched eventually.

Darryl

Banned
Heeeeey. What's up? How are those vibes doing? Is it is just sooooo obvious that I'm scum?

I don't know but out of the two of you guys I'm just more comfortable with you. Xam lacks the caution of scum. You are cautious, only chiming in during cover fire. Coincidence? Who knows, but I'm not going for easy.

What.

VOTE: Xamtheking

I hope you come up with a better defense, soon. Though, from my short experience, that seems to make one even more suspicious when they're under the heat.

I don't get why Xam announced his speed reading, and then make a mistake about cabot's posts. I could possibly understand that mistake if we were an hour out from the deadline.... but seven to eight hours out? We have time. We don't need to speed read right now.
I'm in high school and have classes
I felt if I didn't say anything after the unvote, it would be pretty bad for me.

FluxWaveZ

Hah! If that was a defense, I'm sure I could do a much better job at it! I'm not quick to jump on the Xam bandwagon and I'm trying to help a new player out. Keep digging that hole, Flux. I'm sure you'll get lynched eventually.

Here's an interesting statistic. List of players (and their post number, because it is relevant to my point):

- Rolanderson (1)
- MattyG (3)
- GreatLord Tiger (6)
- StarSketch (6)
- Timeaisis (15)

You know what these people all have in common? They're the only people who have never once voted. And Timeasis is the one who has communicated the most without taking a hard stance, because he plans to make a last minute vote so that he keeps his profile low.

Oh, but are you going to make an excuse like:

As some of you may know, I am in favor of lynching day one. And as some of you may also know, I don't vote unless I have a pretty good feeling about someone being suspect.

So what's wrong? Vote for me. Or are you not going to, because you'd prefer to stay low and not have too much attention drawn to you. It seems to be working for you right now, but it won't work forever.

You are absolutely a werewolf.

batsnacks

I'm in high school and have classes
I felt if I didn't say anything after the unvote, it would be pretty bad for me.

What was it that you thought Cabot said that he didn't actually say? I think cabot's posts have been some of the most memorable in the thread so far what with his LOL GIFS and consistent tone. I'm just trying to understand your progression.

Did you accidentally attribute someone else's posts to cabot because I do that a lot?

What was it that you thought Cabot said that he didn't actually say? I think cabot's posts have been some of the most memorable in the thread so far what with his LOL GIFS and consistent tone. I'm just trying to understand your progression.

Did you accidentally attribute someone else's posts to cabot because I do that a lot?
On the nose

Timeaisis

Here's an interesting statistic. List of players (and their post number, because it is relevant to my point):

- Rolanderson (1)
- MattyG (3)
- GreatLord Tiger (6)
- StarSketch (6)
- Timeaisis (15)

You know what these people all have in common? They're the only people who have never once voted. And Timeasis is the one who has communicated the most without taking a hard stance, because he plans to make a last minute vote so that he keeps his profile low.

Oh, but are you going to make an excuse like:

So what's wrong? Vote for me. Or are you not going to, because you'd prefer to stay low and not have too much attention drawn to you. It seems to be working for you right now, but it won't work forever.

You are absolutely a werewolf.

What flawless logic. I'm a werewolf because I haven't voted for anyone yet. That makes so much sense.

Let me get this straight. This is my grand plan as a would-be werewolf:
I "lay low" and don't vote for anyone until the very last second when they need one final vote and I hammer them home. Then I pretend like mad that isn't super duper suspicious and then I probably lynched the next day anyway? That's laying low to you?

You are trying like mad to bait me (and others) to vote you because you are being an idiot. But I don't vote for people just because they are being idiots, I vote for them when I think they are scum. I don't know if your game is some weird reverse psychology "vote for me -> don't vote for me" bullshit because you are still afraid of getting killed off or something, but I can tell you you're not making any goddamn sense.

Right now I don't think you are a scum, I just think you are a bad player. But who knows. Keep talking and maybe I'll change my mind.

FluxWaveZ

Let me get this straight. This is my grand plan as a would-be werewolf:
I "lay low" and don't vote for anyone until the very last second when they need one final vote and I hammer them home. Then I pretend like mad that isn't super duper suspicious and then I probably lynched the next day anyway? That's laying low to you?

Yes.
I was going to vote for Andodalf, but I just noticed someone else has and I'm not too keen on bandwagoning at this point. I'm going to wait it out so Andodalf has a chance to defend himself.
Not necessarily the miracle scenario of "one last vote needed," but a last vote nonetheless.

- Rolanderson (1)
- MattyG (3)
- GreatLord Tiger (6)
- StarSketch (6)
- Timeaisis (15)

You know what these people all have in common? They're the only people who have never once voted.
Hey Flux I know your trying to build a case against Timeaisis (which is fine I think you bring up some good points), but please don't spread misinformation. I've had a vote on Rolanderson since early on in the day phase.

batsnacks

Yes.

Not necessarily the miracle scenario of "one last vote needed," but a last vote nonetheless.

Time did say in his first post that he's usually not quick to vote people or something to that effect.

Style on the other hand, who I am voting for and who i encourage you to vote for if you're worried about voting shenanigans, has said he is going to deliberately not vote until the last second.

Top Bottom