• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

ultron87

2. No, which is why we should wait and see how this day pans out. I still think they're probably both town? But I notice that Ultron hasn't answered my question about what he thought of Xam's claim, but there's plenty of time still.

I am indifferent. In this huge of a game double roles are certainly possible. But saying "oh yeah that matches my role" is obviously a super easy bluff.

For what it is worth I don't think I would've claimed had someone beaten me to it.

Maybe we should vote for who the Deputy should be, in order to help with the possibility of scum becoming Sheriff if said scum had been deputized.

Example:
Town votes for Person X to be deputized
If the Sheriff is scum, he would be forced to deputize Person X or make himself look suspicious

Just a thought

Darryl

Banned
[To Darryl, who I forgot to quote]

Now I'll admit my opening question was vague enough to be useless, but as a simple attempt to start the conversation phase (skipping the fluff and RNG phases) I'm surprised you'd make no attempt to play along. Especially since what we got instead was so half hearted:

This was your first post after my question, an easy agreement that we probably have an SK

And then you ask a slightly odd question (to bats, for some reason) and call Ultron a liar (without further comment or questioning).

Ok, so more questions;
Why bats?
Do you still think Ultron is lying? If so, why is he lying? What about Xam?
What do you think of Rats' idea to "test" one of these claims?

There's nothing mysterious about me asking Bats for advice. He knows lots of stuff. It isn't me trying to fetch out reads. I don't fucking know if Ultron is lying still, nothing has changed. Xam could be lying, who knows. I really doubt it, just based on how new he is. If he is lying, holy fuck - this is going to be a great game. I agree with Rats, let's burn Ultron. Also, let's burn Rats. Let's just take the two of them out and you, and also Cornburrito. I'd bet the odds of burning a scum with that group is fairly high, a square of people acting completely ridiculous before most players have even said something.

I'm town Darryl, sorry. You are scum though. I really do think your acting different. So timid. Why are you so scared now to take charge?

Style

Banned
I think Flux is staying silent because he learned his lesson. Everyone he was chasing last game turned out to be the opposite alignment he accused them for.

Darryl

Banned
I'm town Darryl, sorry. You are scum though. I really do think your acting different. So timid. Why are you so scared now to take charge?

This doesn't even look like it's trying to resemble an organic human conversation. Like a mafia robot is playing

This doesn't even look like it's trying to resemble an organic human conversation. Like a mafia robot is playing

Because you misunderstand. This isn't a conversation. This isn't a dialogue. This is me telling you outright that I believe you are scum. You're acting so incredibly different from when you were town that I don't believe for one second you have the same alignment. You're not town, that's for damn sure.

Here, let me make it clearer.

VOTE: Darryl

Swamped

Banned
I think Flux is staying silent because he learned his lesson. Everyone he was chasing last game turned out to be the opposite alignment he accused them for.

Aw, I hope that's not the case, that would be a real shame. Come play with us Flux!

I have no idea why but this made my laugh a LOT XD

I'm making an assumption here that you're calling Terra out because he made a big deal about the deputization process. But Zipped said something very similar:

That's exactly it, double votes is a huge deal, no question about it. Even two days with a wolf as sheriff could wreck havoc on our game, especially down the home stretch.

My comment was more he needs to think about it a lot, and a "we need to be suspicious of everyone asking for it". I'm getting lots of Star Wars armourer vibes and in that game the only person who ended up with a gun was scum

So why no heat on Zipped?

Because you misunderstand. This isn't a conversation. This isn't a dialogue. This is me telling you outright that I believe you are scum. You're acting so incredibly different from when you were town that I don't believe for one second you have the same alignment. You're not town, that's for damn sure.

Here, let me make it clearer.

VOTE: Darryl

lol

Darryl

Banned
Aw, I hope that's not the case, that would be a real shame. Come play with us Flux!

I have no idea why but this made my laugh a LOT XD

I'm making an assumption here that you're calling Terra out because he made a big deal about the deputization process. But Zipped said something very similar:

So why no heat on Zipped?

The heat is because if he knew he was town, why would he not want it? He knows there is scum out there. It is a scum move to take a hands off "I don't want to nominate myself blah blah let him decide". This removes him from the stress of putting himself out there and in front of scrutiny. I didn't see Zipped pulling this so I didn't call him out on it.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah. Despite having one of the more helpful power roles for Town as a Follower last time, I was nothing but a liability. Pretty much everyone I targeted ended up being Town, and I said so much dumb stuff that the Town, the Werewolves, and even the Serial Killer were after me.

So, taking the advice of what the others told me in the other thread, I'll rein it in and relax a bit more. There are so many seasoned players this time that I should be able to at least look at some of them for direction (well, unless they're all scum).

Is this an Ultimate Werewolf thing? Normally we don't go into Day 1 with assumptions about what roles exist.

Palmer outright said this role is in the game, and that Drop is the sheriff.

1. The current sheriff is announced to all the players

2. The sheriff has a double vote

3. The sheriff MUST choose a Deputy

Drop

Oh. And then deputy is sheriff on Day 2?
Well, if I die, yes.

While I'll address some posts later for now I'll just drop a quick question.
Do you guys think the Sheriff role will be useful to us in the long run or will it end up benefitting the wolves more? Keep in mind that they have a way to manipulate the choice, as others have pointed out.

This is directed to everyone, it might have an impact on my decision.

Well, if I die, yes.

Do you guys think the Sheriff role will be useful to us in the long run or will it end up benefitting the wolves more? Keep in mind that they have a way to manipulate the choice, as others have pointed out.

It will be useful to us as long as you're still around. After that, I fear it will only breed confusion and paranoia.

Also, as an aside, you basically have the same name as my One True Partner from a previous game and it's really messing with my head.

cabot

Cabot
-- Seems like a showboat, and the agressive push on Splinter which is supposedly justified is something to consider.

I don't like sitting without a vote on someone. Aggressively pushing is such a dramatic retelling of what this actually is, I gave a hearty chuckle which woke up the entire office. Showboaty enough for you?

I voted him for a reason, it wasn't random. That is that. I find Terra adding to my vote interesting, though not particularly scummy. Now we move onto the classic prod.

VOTE: FluxWaveZ

Yeah the loudmouth last game is now suspiciously......mutemouth. I know he initiated regret at being in the limelight, but going the complete opposite way seems maybe a little too much. Give us your thoughts on the current happy haps.

I didn't realize the sheriff thing was legit, I thought that was an example PM. Goddamn it, Palmer. You're so nonchalant sometimes. Should've posted that shit along with the game beginning, to make it clear.

Has Day 1 even begun?!

cabot

I would be surprised if scum would kill Drop so early, considering we're at such a high number that his double vote shouldn't be particularly powerful right now, but it will definitely become more of a hot potato issue as we get smaller as a group.

The big worry I have in these stages is what happens if you deputize PRs? You're essentially giving them a solid chance of death.

The sleepwalkers seem like a good choice, though that of course relies on everyone believing they're telling the truth.

cabot

On the bright side we have a confirmed townie here, which may be a good reason to kill him.

Circumstances are dictating Drop should at least help lead the way for this day phase currently, considering we can trust him.

I'd volunteer to be Deputy but I just love working in my humble bakery too darn much.

As for suspicions, there hasn't been much in the way of rumours and hearsay from the old dears in a whiles, but Thursday evenings get real busy in here. I'll let you folk know later if I hear anything.

cabot

I'd volunteer to be Deputy but I just love working in my humble bakery too darn much.

As for suspicions, there hasn't been much in the way of rumours and hearsay from the old dears in a whiles, but Thursday evenings get real busy in here. I'll let you folk know later if I hear anything.

you've posted more fluff than the epic hair in your avatar.

It's different from the last game, I'm just determining if it's still-scum Dave trying to change up his play or un-scum Dave going full on character play.

*Splinter

There's nothing mysterious about me asking Bats for advice. He knows lots of stuff. It isn't me trying to fetch out reads. I don't fucking know if Ultron is lying still, nothing has changed. Xam could be lying, who knows. I really doubt it, just based on how new he is. If he is lying, holy fuck - this is going to be a great game. I agree with Rats, let's burn Ultron. Also, let's burn Rats. Let's just take the two of them out and you, and also Cornburrito. I'd bet the odds of burning a scum with that group is fairly high, a square of people acting completely ridiculous before most players have even said something.
Mostly ok, but I find the bolded confusing - isn't that we're supposed to be doing?

By naming me and CornBro you've attacked everyone that has questioned or accused you so far. That much is "consistent" at least, but can you explain what either of us have done that was ridiculous?

*Splinter

Regarding the Sherriff, I feel that the double vote is likely to do more harm than good. It's worth relatively little at this early stage of the game, but will be very dangerous later if scum take control of it and hit us with a surprise mylo/lylo/loss.
We 'could' insist that deputies are chosen by a vote rather than at the Sherriff's discretion. The downside is that can also be manipulated by scum as they have more votes than any individual townie, but the upside is that this gives us another set of votes to analyse (and that wolves have some need to be voting for each other).
Alternatively we could lynch a Sherriff mid game? Palmer what happens if a Sherriff is lynched before naming a deputy?

None of this applies to the current Sherriff by the way. A confirmed town can certainly make their own decisions. (Especially that second point. I am 100% against lynching a confirmed town for any reason)

cabot

Sheriff think long and hard about who you deputize, because as soon as we deputize a wolf we will be in deep shit.

I'm weary of people asking to be nominees for deputy. In my opinion, it should be judged by quality of play, not as a small group of players. I also agree with Xam, democratic vote can be manipulated like Splinter says, but it's probably the least likely method to be tainted. Townies can be bad at reads, that's a known fact, so relying purely on Drop has a margin of error.

The vote could also be analysed, so not particularly on scumminess, I'd say it'd be a better measure of effective town reads from most players that get involved.

How hard do we force voting for deputy? do we actually go after people who don't take part?

Drop

I'm new
I don't know
Why did you feel the need to point out you're new? That wasn't really necessary, a simple "I don't know" would have been more than enough.
It really stands out in such a short phrase.

Honestly, I expected a little push back from Drop after I asked to be deputized.
I thought it was unnecessary, I'm just taking note of whoever asks.
Now I have a question, what would fishing a reaction from me accomplish?

Yeah the loudmouth last game is now suspiciously......mutemouth. I know he initiated regret at being in the limelight, but going the complete opposite way seems maybe a little too much. Give us your thoughts on the current happy haps.

I would really like to know Flux's thoughts on the situation, I don't think he played bad last game, the townies he accused were acting suspicious, almost trying to get lynched, his error was to attract too much attention, losing such a valuable player soon would have been a problem.
I really think his opinion could be helpful.

Also I've noticed some players posted multiple times without ever saying anything relevant, I'd like to hear your thoughts Style, Lollipop Dave and GreatLord Tiger.

GQRD8d1.png

Darryl

Banned
Mostly ok, but I find the bolded confusing - isn't that we're supposed to be doing?

By naming me and CornBro you've attacked everyone that has questioned or accused you so far. That much is "consistent" at least, but can you explain what either of us have done that was ridiculous?

I was trying to get reads on Ultron and whether his claim was ridiculous. You're ridiculous because you keep asking me stupid questions, multiple at a time. Then asking me questions about those questions. And you did it unprompted right out of the gate. There's 25+ players here. You can catch someone saying something a little bit slimy first, rather than simply not saying much. If I was scum, you think I'd get all nervous and trip up over this unfounded questioning? I don't believe for a second that you believe in yourself with these questions or that you intend to find scum like this. This is all in itself scummy as you're actively wasting everyone's time. I was calling CB ridiculous for calling me scum based on my few responses so far. It was the day before Thanksgiving. I was doing stuff with the family and didn't have time for lengthy posts, it isn't that big of an enigma. Although now he's shown himself to be actively scummy with his overthought yet casual attitude, which doesn't seem natural for someone town.

*Splinter

You're ridiculous because you keep asking me stupid questions, multiple at a time. Then asking me questions about those questions. And you did it unprompted right out of the gate. There's 25+ players here. You can catch someone saying something a little bit slimy first, rather than simply not saying much. If I was scum, you think I'd get all nervous and trip up over this unfounded questioning? I don't believe for a second that you believe in yourself with these questions or that you intend to find scum like this. This is all in itself scummy as you're actively wasting everyone's time. I was calling CB ridiculous for calling me scum based on my few responses so far.
To the bolded: no, but just because I don't expect you to trip over questions easily doesn't mean I shouldn't bother questioning you in the first place.
I don't expect such bland questions to instantly lead to scum, but I'll keep asking them (to everyone) just to see what happens - I need things to happen so I can see how people react. Literally anything is better than nothing/fluff/RNG which is the usual start of game order of business. (Admittedly I suck at pulling something out of nothing - that's part of why you'll never see me chasing the inactive a).
If I read your post correctly, my questioning of you has already (indirectly) lead to your early scum read of CornBro, so I reject the idea that I'm "wasting time"

Also just to clarify, I haven't accused Darryl yet, or given any opinion for that matter. I want to ping a few more people before I give my reads.

Speaking of which,

KingKitty

I know you support blood for the blood God, but (as of now) who's? And why?

El Topo

It took me a while to realize that the new game is already up and running. Gotta read up on what's happened so far. Then again, it's the first day, so probably not much.

Warxard

Banned
Well, if I die, yes.

It could work either way with the sheriff/deputy angle. We could actually luck out and, if the sheriff were to die and the deputy had a role that benefitted the town greatly and became sheriff that would make the game for the town side a lot easier.

Starting Sheriff could be scum right? Not accusing you Drop, just asking generally

It could work either way with the sheriff/deputy angle. We could actually luck out and, if the sheriff were to die and the deputy had a role that benefitted the town greatly and became sheriff that would make the game for the town side a lot easier.

Starting Sheriff could be scum right? Not accusing you Drop, just asking generally

Starting Sheriff is 100% confirmed village

cabot

I'm not gonna take these seriously. Could be a RUSE!!! by the scum to throw us off of our game. Target painting on the first day is very :demonic:

I don't really know what this is, is he disregarding the claims altogether and going to ignore them, or is he saying that he believes its a scum move?

Cabot
-- Seems like a showboat, and the agressive push on Splinter which is supposedly justified is something to consider.

Overstates my vote on Splinter, suspicious in itself.

The post containing the PM was posted on this page, and Splinter and I have both specifically mentioned it confirms Drop's alignment as town.

Also his logic here is weird, the wording suggests it would be a good thing if a pro-town PR was made sheriff, but if anything it may put them in more danger because they have double vote and the eyes of scum on them.

Boo Boo'n is currently setting off quite a few red flags.

Top Bottom