• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

cabot

Classic diclaimer:I am very drunk. See you in the morning when I don't have drunkness clouding my thoughts. Enjoy turkey.

*Splinter

Im with splinter,
993238e400b2e8b80e28a8be55ee77fd.jpg

Let's pass the time by imagining how drunk Cabot is
I think Cabot is so drunk that breathalyzers just short circuit when they get near Cabot

Swamped

Banned
We have until Sunday morning, right? Ughhh i hope i can make a decision by then. I really really need to reread this thread.

Where are you, Rats Off To Ya?

Working retail during Thanksgiving weekend.

Really sorry about this one, guys. This game couldn't have started at a worse time for me. I'm dead tired, and don't have much to say aside from that.

Cliff Notes reads: Swamped and Cabot seem the most Town to me. Darryl seems pretty Town, but Darryl is a chameleon so that's not worth much at the moment. I still feel super wary about ultron, more so than Xam. Corn seems more try-hard than scum, but who knows.

Again, sorry for not contributing more.

Darryl

Banned
I'M GOING to vote CornBurrito until someone who "scumreads" him can tell me why I'm voting him. You best do some digging!

You do some fucking digging. I already posted about this multiple times. Try post #545. This is low quality stuff. If you are busy and aren't paying much attention to the game - fine. But as of right now you're meddling with the reads of people who are. This is the second time in a row you've attempted to modify the flow and opinions of the game while simultaneously having no actual knowledge of what is going on within this thread. It is day 1. You obviously do not have role information. What information and motives do you have? From my perspective, you're coasting through day #1 and just relying on a scum chat for direction.

Vote: Batsnacks

Also, I'm uncomfortable with the voting for Deputy stuff, or at least against the idea of making it a whole big thing. I get the intent there, but it just seems like something that could become a distraction from our real goal.

batsnacks

You do some fucking digging. I already posted about this multiple times. Try post #545. This is low quality stuff. If you are busy and aren't paying much attention to the game - fine. But as of right now you're meddling with the reads of people who are. This is the second time in a row you've attempted to modify the flow and opinions of the game while simultaneously having no actual knowledge of what is going on within this thread. It is day 1. You obviously do not have role information. What information and motives do you have? From my perspective, you're coasting through day #1 and just relying on a scum chat for direction.

Vote: Batsnacks

Let us do this exciting thing.

Vote: Darryl

cabot

Yeah. Despite having one of the more helpful power roles for Town as a Follower last time, I was nothing but a liability. Pretty much everyone I targeted ended up being Town, and I said so much dumb stuff that the Town, the Werewolves, and even the Serial Killer were after me.

So, taking the advice of what the others told me in the other thread, I'll rein it in and relax a bit more. There are so many seasoned players this time that I should be able to at least look at some of them for direction (well, unless they're all scum).

I think this the only useful post Flux has made that isn't involving the deputy discussion.

cabot

being relaxed doesn't excuse being a complete non-presence.

Though there's a buttload of those to go around.

*Splinter

I think this the only useful post Flux has made that isn't involving the deputy discussion.
Really? Seemed like an odd one to me. He's basically advising people to let the active/"experienced" players to dominate the discussion.

Also pro tip for Flux: if both the Mafia and the SK see you as a high priority threat (and you haven't role claimed), you're probably doing something right

A batsnacks lynch feels too obvious to me.

I think I know what he was trying to go for. There were 3 people not far apart who brought up a vote on me. My guess is he thinks scum was working together to get me lynched. Which I don't think is the case. But if I am right then batsnacks had good intentions despite bumbling around like a clown.

El Topo

Due to time constraints I'm dropping out, just to be on the safe side and to give someone on the replacement list a fair chance to participate in the game. I've asked Palmer for a replacement. I'll still watch you though.

Have fun guys.

cabot

Due to time constraints I'm dropping out, just to be on the safe side and to give someone on the replacement list a fair chance to participate in the game. I've asked Palmer for a replacement. I'll still watch you though.

Have fun guys.

giphy.gif

I'll miss you, buddy

cabot

A batsnacks lynch feels too obvious to me.

I think I know what he was trying to go for. There were 3 people not far apart who brought up a vote on me. My guess is he thinks scum was working together to get me lynched. Which I don't think is the case. But if I am right then batsnacks had good intentions despite bumbling around like a clown.

Well, giving him a good reason isn't going to help us judge him!

I don't really want to lynch batsnacks in this phase, his behaviour is odd for sure but I know he's good. I would be willing to give him to D2 to be more useful.

I did this in MGS with Palmer and he was the uber scum, so yeah.....

Lightning doesn't strike twice, right?

batsnacks

Every post Darryl has made so far is pushing a wolf agenda.

Consider this series of events:
  • Several people point out that Darryl's attitude is a complete 180 from the previous game.
  • Darryl votes their top scumread, CornBurrito
  • batsnacks sheeps Darryl and asks Darryl why we're voting CornBurrito
  • Darryl accuses batsnacks of MEDDLING WITH PEOPLE'S READS not once, but twice, and of trying to modify the flow and opinions of the game.
  • Darryl votes batsnacks.
Why is villager-Darryl's reaction to being sheeped assuming mockery? Darryl knows they are pushing a scum agenda so they think they can vote me for pushing the same agenda.

*Splinter

I didn't want to interrupt him, but it seemed pretty likely bats was running some kind of gambit. No idea what he was hoping to achieve though

cabot

Every post Darryl has made so far is pushing a wolf agenda.

Consider this series of events:
  • Several people point out that Darryl's attitude is a complete 180 from the previous game.
  • Darryl votes their top scumread, CornBurrito
  • batsnacks sheeps Darryl and asks Darryl why we're voting CornBurrito
  • Darryl accuses batsnacks of MEDDLING WITH PEOPLE'S READS not once, but twice, and of trying to modify the flow and opinions of the game.
  • Darryl votes batsnacks.
Why is villager-Darryl's reaction to being sheeped assuming mockery? Darryl knows they are pushing a scum agenda so they think they can vote me for pushing the same agenda.

giphy.gif

While this is compelling enough to make me think you weren't just being a dumb dumb so far, I shall think further on Darryl being scum.

batsnacks

It's not MY fault that Darryl doesn't know why they voted CornBurrito. If Darryl thinks I can be bullied away from bringing attention to this they're wrong. I sheeped Darryl several times last game, and didn't give reasons for why I was sheeping, Darryl did not accuse me of mockery or of "meddling with people's reads" who were "actually trying."

On Darryl: This time around he's been against people comparing his behaviour to past games, but people did that in the last game too, and he never seemed to have a problem with it, or at least I don't think I saw him speak out about it.

Although I guess it could also just have been for my benefit, seeing as I made a comment just before that where I mentioned that, being new, I'm not really familiar with past behaviours.

batsnacks

On Darryl: This time around he's been against people comparing his behaviour to past games, but people did that in the last game too, and he never seemed to have a problem with it, or at least I don't think I saw him speak out about it.

Although I guess it could also just have been for my benefit, seeing as I made a comment just before that where I mentioned that, being new, I'm not really familiar with past behaviours.

You're saying that Darryl wants to withhold information that could be used to determine their alignment, for your benefit. That doesn't make sense. This is also when I point out that half of everyone in the last game said at least once that "this is how Darryl plays, they are always this aggressive, that's just Darryl." Darryl didn't have a problem with it then.

You're saying that Darryl wants to withhold information that could be used to determine their alignment, for your benefit. That doesn't make sense. This is also when I point out that half of everyone in the last game said at least once that "this is how Darryl plays, they are always this aggressive, that's just Darryl." Darryl didn't have a problem with it then.

I mean that he might just have been saying that because overly relying on past play styles could be unfair on new players.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=186975473&highlight=#post186975473

My original comment and Darryl's following comment for context.

batsnacks

Darryl

Banned
If people want to say "Darryl is aggressive", that's fine. You can put words to that. If you say "Darryl is being different!" there is no way to discuss that. I'm being told in this game so far that I'm scum for being aggressive and I'm scum for not being aggressive, simultaneously. This is not fun and this extremely meta and hard to understand plot line is not helping anyone. You neither understand nor care about these differences, Batsnacks.

I am calling you out for your sheeping point because it's bad. I have no faith that you understand my arguments and you make it blatantly clear that you've shown not only no effort, but actually negative effort as by now you've disregarded my post explaining my argument against him and you've followed it up by perpetuating the argument that I don't have any reason to vote for him. Why do you think I'm ok with you latching onto my argument against a player just so you can try to tear it down?

batsnacks

If people want to say "Darryl is aggressive", that's fine. You can put words to that. If you say "Darryl is being different!" there is no way to discuss that. I'm being told in this game so far that I'm scum for being aggressive and I'm scum for not being aggressive, simultaneously. This is not fun and this extremely meta and hard to understand plot line is not helping anyone. You neither understand nor care about these differences, Batsnacks.

I am calling you out for your sheeping point because it's bad. I have no faith that you understand my arguments and you make it blatantly clear that you've shown not only no effort, but actually negative effort as by now you've disregarded my post explaining my argument against him and you've followed it up by perpetuating the argument that I don't have any reason to vote for him. Why do you think I'm ok with you latching onto my argument against a player just so you can try to tear it down?

Is this your "reason for voting CornBurrito" post?:
It is funny that you're calling me scum because i'm not being aggressive and another guy (lollipop dave) is calling me aggressive because i'm being aggressive. I want to say stuff about your past playstyles too, but I'm not. This isn't fun and I don't care if it leads to mafia if it is going to bog the game down. At least attempt to make this game approachable for new players and outsiders to get interested. I'll follow this with what I think is an actual personality analysis.

Look at how this is written. Was this a first draft? This is what I mean by over thought. Try to say this shit out loud. There's signs of cautiousness to what should be a pretty casual (there are no deep points being made here, no analysis) piece of conversation. This, in my opinion, was written by someone with ill intentions who couldn't figure out what direction he wanted to take his aggression to get his point across. His follow up is almost mocking and defensive, then he drives it home by claiming I'm going OMGUS (Why would he assume and diminish my vote if he was really trying to get to the bottom of my intentions?). It's disingenuous and deceptive.

batsnacks

You voted CornBurrito because he said you weren't being aggressive?

The rest of what you said seems pretty meta and hard to understand. Look how hard you are reaching for this read:

I'm town Darryl, sorry. You are scum though. I really do think your acting different. So timid. Why are you so scared now to take charge?
Look at how this is written. Was this a first draft? This is what I mean by over thought. Try to say this shit out loud. There's signs of cautiousness to what should be a pretty casual (there are no deep points being made here, no analysis) piece of conversation. This, in my opinion, was written by someone with ill intentions who couldn't figure out what direction he wanted to take his aggression to get his point across. His follow up is almost mocking and defensive, then he drives it home by claiming I'm going OMGUS (Why would he assume and diminish my vote if he was really trying to get to the bottom of my intentions?). It's disingenuous and deceptive.

Darryl

Banned
My reasons for voting you are stronger than your reasons for voting CornBurrito, so we should lynch you!

We should lynch the two of you. You don't even try to put up a defense, neither of you do. You're afraid of drawing too much attention to yourself. I would be more comfortable with you gone first, since some of your posts and motives are truly questionable. If you are town, I think you would have seen how ridiculous you were being a lot earlier.

CzarTim

yo, we have 24 hours left here and most people in this game have not made a single alignment call or thrown down a vote. If your town, you should do that now so we don't wait til the last second.

Well it appears my vote didn't count because I screwed up the formatting.

Vote: Style

I don't like style's posting habits for today and it's really scummy to me.

I might change it to a consensus if the argument is really good, but I'm not going to lynch daryll because he is daryll (or not acting like daryll) because I don't know daryll

FluxWaveZ

I'm going to change my vote back to RobotNinjaHornets in a bit but, because of an incident that happened in the dream, I want to test something out with that nifty vote tally.

DOUBLE: FluxWaveZ

Palmer_v1

I'm going to change my vote back to RobotNinjaHornets in a bit but, because of an incident that happened in the dream, I want to test something out with that nifty vote tally.

DOUBLE: FluxWaveZ

Don't use commands that aren't yours. The vote tally will accept a double from anyone, but i'm the one who will modkill you.

FluxWaveZ

Don't use commands that aren't yours. The vote tally will accept a double from anyone, but i'm the one who will modkill you.

Got it, that's actually what I wanted to make sure of and see if anyone could fake a command like that and mess with the tally.

Going back, now:

Vote: RobotNinjaHornets

Palmer_v1

Got it, that's actually what I wanted to make sure of and see if anyone could fake a command like that and mess with the tally.

Going back, now:

Vote: RobotNinjaHornets

We do it this way instead of having Royal program it for a specific person, because that would require spoilers for Royal. This way anyone can doublevote, and it's just up to the players and mods to control it appropriately.

Darryl

Banned
Darryl do you truly believe both corn and bat are scum? From here it looks like you are just OMGUSing.

I voted for Bats first, like it matters. I usually ignore people that I don't think are scum. I wouldn't waste my time arguing otherwise.

cabot

I find it both amusing and depressing I have two votes on me, one from Dave for using the word twurking and one from swamped way back when despite her saying I'm solid town in the meantime.

Top Bottom