• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

Darryl

Banned
Darryl do you truly believe both corn and bat are scum? From here it looks like you are just OMGUSing.

I'm not the only person who has pointed at Bats's behavior in particular as being suspicious. Why do you think that interaction was OMGUS?

batsnacks

I voted for Bats first, like it matters. I usually ignore people that I don't think are scum. I wouldn't waste my time arguing otherwise.

You voted me after I supported you by voting CornBurrito. I don't believe villager-Darryl is so paranoid they assume anyone following their lead is sabotaging town, that's an unusual reaction for a villager to have. I think villager-Darryl would be happy when people they think are wolves get voted.

kingkitty

batsnacks is trying something. Purposely "sheeping". Ruffling Darryl's feathers based on his reaction.

Still waiting on QuantumBro to bro it up.

The second choice will be CornBro for now.

Someone I got my eyeball on: Style. Forgot about him when answering batsnacks question. But as I mentioned earlier, Style did that weird concern post about Darryl that slightly rumbled my tummy.

cabot

Right, so there's various dumb and smart in batsnacks today dumb count 1:

I am looking for an easy bandwagon, can't lie.

Vote: QuantumBro

Is it okay if I sheep you for now? Also you maybe want to take a TUMS for that upset stomach.

dumb count 2:

I don't know I saw kitty doing it and figured I should get on board. Seemed better than the nothing I would be doing otherwise.

smart mostly before the vote change:

fwiw I don't think we should follow Drop's plan to keep the deputy out of wolf hands, what with end of day vote switches and shenanigans. Drop should just do what he wants and if he screws up massively we can make fun of him later. I do think it was a cool idea though and shows that he's thinking critically about the game, which is good cause he's the sheriff.

If I'm being honest I don't remember what splinters reads were other than he pinged out who he thought was memorable and said he'd probably vote outside that group. I'm a fan of that approach though and there were lots of words so it must be good.

I'm gonna sheep Darryl now so that Darryl will feel happier about the way the game is going. Getting sheeped should make anyone feel better about how the game is going, after all.

This sentence is where I think Darryl is getting the mock from. It seems like you're being sarcastic and frankly it is a little weird you sheep Darryl....to make Darryl feel happier on the game. I think it's an understandable reaction, though flipping his vote to you was definitely overdramatic.

I'm not mocking you and you shouldn't think people sheeping you is scummy or mockery, unless you're a wolf and you have wolf-guilt; kitty didn't when I sheeped him. And I did read splinter's list and it was an early game highlight for me, I just don't remember most of it. A lot of it was just synopsis of previous posts.

batsnacks then revealed this was a play to get a read on Darryl.

I basically feel that while Darryl reacted far too strongly to you, the outright brashness of just openly admitting to sheeping people wound him up right nice and I can understand it.

I don't see scumminess there, so my vote isn't going his way currently.

We should lynch the two of you. You don't even try to put up a defense, neither of you do. You're afraid of drawing too much attention to yourself. I would be more comfortable with you gone first, since some of your posts and motives are truly questionable. If you are town, I think you would have seen how ridiculous you were being a lot earlier.

Such bullshit lol. I've defended my position on you several times. It was only after someone else said "aggressive doesn't mean being leader" that I conceded.

I need no further defense for my act of accusing you of being scum. If you mean me throwing up a defense because you voted for me, I still believe your vote is mostly an "OMGUS" vote because I voted for you using a meta argument which you dislike. You're a better player than that, so I know it isn't the only reason. But I've no doubt it influenced you.

If you mean that I didn't defend myself from Cabot or Splinter thinking I am scum, I've no need to police people's thoughts. If/when they vote for me I'll bother defending myself.

batsnacks

@cabot that's all fair but it's missing a little bit of context. Darryl's rallying cry post:
The only poster in the game who has made any good posts is Cabot. Our top posters are garbage. The only thing worthwhile anyone else in the top poster list has discussed was me and as much as I love being in the center of attention, I've been absolutely unremarkable and the points people have brought up against me are probably against the rules. Cabot is basically the only active poster to ignore that garbage. We are in for a huge loss if this keeps up. I hope some of you townies see this when you get back from shopping and adjust appropriately.
It's extremely negative, complaining about town, saying town is in for a huge loss. Way too negative and dramatic for not even being halfway through day 1. So, to cheer Darryl up I vote for his top scum read. His reaction to this is that I am sabotaging the town and mocking him.

So Darryl goes from complaining about town, saying town is in for a huge loss. Gets supported by me and responds that I'm hurting town! The progression does not follow a villager mindset.

cabot

Syle hasn't posted a whole lot in the game so far but he's notable for a couple of slips and weird thoughts:

Darryl has been awfully quiet on this day...

slip 1: Quiet Darryl, despite being early in the game and Darryl had actually posted, there were still many others who hadn't at this point, so instantly pointing out Darryl for it when it isn't true is odd.

Are you guys throwing out random votes based on hunches or am I missing something here? An explanation for voting would be nice. >_>

slip 2: thinking everyone is just throwing votes around for nothing more but laffs and such. This was quite a bit into the phase, and if he'd actually been reading, it would be impossible to assume all these votes were random.

I don't have that much to add on this day. ヽ(。_°)ノ
We don't have too much information to go out from (also it bit me when I tried to be investigative last game).

weird thought 1: We have little information, so I'm going to sit around and pick my nose while said information magically conjures itself up from the ashes of this world. Discussion gives information. Not adding much doesn't give us anything.

I think Flux is staying silent because he learned his lesson. Everyone he was chasing last game turned out to be the opposite alignment he accused them for.

weird thought 2: Sure ok, offers a reasonable shout why Flux is quiet. Using the phrase 'learned his lesson' though? that implies Flux was somehow wrong to put himself out there front and centre, no. No that's not wrong. That's very much right, regressing from that is a mistake, no matter how much you get wrong. It was D1, the chances of being right on reads are pretty damn low.

it's ok though, guys I've found one remaining post that I don't really have anything negative to say about. It's a passable sentence!

I'm pretty sure everyone who was really aggressive last game has toned it down a bit. Seems to have burned some out that we had to start over.

Doesn't much help us with scumhunting though.

Oh right, that's negative. I'm such a negative nancy.

cabot

@cabot that's all fair but it's missing a little bit of context. Darryl's rallying cry post:

It's extremely negative, complaining about town, saying town is in for a huge loss. Way too negative and dramatic for not even being halfway through day 1. So, to cheer Darryl up I vote for his top scum read. His reaction to this is that I am sabotaging the town and mocking him.

So Darryl goes from complaining about town, saying town is in for a huge loss. Gets supported by me and responds that I'm hurting town! The progression does not follow a villager mindset.

That post to me is strange in general, I've never seen Darryl so openly compliment someone. The rest I have seen before, darryl does like a good rollicking of people in games, but the first section is definitely weird.

batsnacks

***hit post before I could add that wolves, in my experience/opinion, are more likely to complain about how poorly town is playing. If town thinks town is doing poorly, they try to contribute. Wolves want to hurt thread atmosphere and bring down morale.

If Darryl isn't scum, I wonder if Style is. Did Style make his "Darryl has been awfully quiet" post before or after me? Because it could be scum trying to piggyback off my suspicion to get Darryl set up for a lynch. Though the fact that nobody else capitalized on my suspicions makes me think that probably isn't what was going on.

I should mention that I don't have a problem with metagaming, I was just commenting on Darryl's posts.

If Darryl isn't scum, I wonder if Style is. Did Style make his "Darryl has been awfully quiet" post before or after me? Because it could be scum trying to piggyback off my suspicion to get Darryl set up for a lynch. Though the fact that nobody else capitalized on my suspicions makes me think that probably isn't what was going on.

It was before I think. He made that comment on page 6, you made a comment about Darryl on page 7.

Anyway, Style does strike me as odd too, I did try to poke him earlier asking for his thoughts and didn't get a response. Last game he was a bit odd too at first, but later in the day on he seemed to pick up and made some fairly decent posts.

Vote: Style

But I'd be willing to change my mind if he posts a bit more, or someone better comes up.

and hi new El Topo

I've just got in from a lovely visit to my towncenter for the big ol' Christmas lights switch on. Seems some chunky new posts have been made. Let's get reading.

And before I forget

UNVOTE: cabot

Twerkin though...

Hi, I'm new El Topo.

Will post later, at a birthday party.

Hi new El Topo, some rolls for you.

img_5598.jpg

On the house.

Darryl

Banned

I'm calling him out for devious behavior and voting for him appropriately. I don't see the misunderstanding and I want you to explain this more because it sounds like you're bandwagoning without fully understanding it. I can't ignore people's behavior around me, I'm like the center of discussion for some fucking reason.

I'm sorry I haven't been paying super attention- I'm literally on mobile all day and haven't been on an actual computer for a while.

I've seen Batsbacks, Cabot and Darryl mentioned- Am I missing anyone?

CzarTim

Darryl your current narrative is:

- Scum-corn voted for you for bad reasons.
- You saw through his fog of scum and returned the vote.
- Scum-corn's partner, scum-bat, fearing for his partner's safety after all of one vote, decides to "mock" you by following your lead. Scum-bat then votes for his partner.
- You see through the conspiracy and vote for scum-bat.
- Scum-bat votes for you. Because it makes sense for 2 of the scum team to go after one person day one. Especially when town is so unorganized.

You're smarter than this.

Darryl

Banned
***hit post before I could add that wolves, in my experience/opinion, are more likely to complain about how poorly town is playing. If town thinks town is doing poorly, they try to contribute. Wolves want to hurt thread atmosphere and bring down morale.

Like I already said, it was a rally post. I want people to participate more as a lot of people aren't. Cabot posted that he was disappointed that there were so many inactices as well.

Look at the post immediately following my post:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=187011392

I'm obviously encouraging people to talk. Yoy are fixating on a single sentence. You are seeing what you want to see in order to make points. You're ignoring information on purpose, very frequently to make points. You're appealing to the crowd instead of being head on with me and being deceitful. Why wouldn't you go head on with me, if you weren't absolutely sure on my alignment?

Fucking hell I am bad at reading. I'm just starting page 7 (distractions are FUN), but thoughts so far:

On Ultron/Xam: First game had 2 sleepwalkers who were unroleable on alternating nights. I have a couple of questions that I'd like answering (if Xam could answer at least one just to double confirm he's not just bullshitting):
Do the nights alternate or is it just every night?
More questions will come after this.

Darryl/CB: I'm eh on both of them. They're both contributing, I'm not seeing a massive difference in how either of them are posting other than Darryl taking a bit more of a backseat this time around. I'll leave them for now.

Dave: What is this bakery nonsense? I can't decide if you got unlucky and drew wolf twice in a row and are trying to make your non-posts seems less non-posty or you're just being weird. Again though, gonna leave you for now since you have said a bit more than last time.

Cabot: Man I don't even know, I thought he was town last time BUT CLEARLY NOT, and this is reminding me of him from last game but I don't know if he was just good at covering it up. I have no idea.

Deputy: I'm in favour of trying to get rid of this, I feel like the potential of a wolf having a double vote is a rly bad idea.

Has QB posted yet?

I'm going out in a bit, so I'll probably do some drunk phone posting for you to all be entertained by. I apologise for my absence up until now, but life gets in the way sometimes. I promise I'll be around more from now xoxoxo

Darryl

Banned
Darryl your current narrative is:

- Scum-corn voted for you for bad reasons.
- You saw through his fog of scum and returned the vote.
- Scum-corn's partner, scum-bat, fearing for his partner's safety after all of one vote, decides to "mock" you by following your lead. Scum-bat then votes for his partner.
- You see through the conspiracy and vote for scum-bat.
- Scum-bat votes for you. Because it makes sense for 2 of the scum team to go after one person day one. Especially when town is so unorganized.

You're smarter than this.

I'm not following any narrative. I'm just watching for the players being the scummiest. However I get there is unimportant to me. This isn't a really good post, either. It's belittling and in a world where a lot of players are not caught up, they'll see this and bandwagon.

Like I already said, it was a rally post. I want people to participate more as a lot of people aren't. Cabot posted that he was disappointed that there were so many inactices as well.

Look at the post immediately following my post:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=187011392

I'm obviously encouraging people to talk. Yoy are fixating on a single sentence. You are seeing what you want to see in order to make points. You're ignoring information on purpose, very frequently to make points. You're appealing to the crowd instead of being head on with me and being deceitful. Why wouldn't you go head on with me, if you weren't absolutely sure on my alignment?

How about we vote on the issue. How many people,e here found Darryls post motivating? How many felt,discouraged by it?

Warxard

Banned
Re: Xamtheking

You are the main vote for me this day phase not just because of the odd role claim that followed Ultron's right afterwards (which, I don't know if there's some underlying sneak play) that is really hard for me to justify ignoring despite the rest of the townies going over it. Let's take a look at your posts.

Of course the root of my suspicions star with this post that was a response to Cabot.

It could seem mighty suspicious if you went to someone's house, and that someone was also visited by a killing role the same night, and that someone died.
Additionally, I also am a Sleepwalker. Somnambulism FTW

You never did at once in this post let alone in the future posts after this one explain to cabot the justification of Ultron's quick reveal, nor did you justify your own intentions to reveal your role claim so early as well. The lack of transparency with the town you're supposed to align and take out scum with is almost nonexistent. Unless the bolded above is your justification which simply doesn't make sense (unless I'm misinterpreting how the Sleepwalker PR works. Speaking of that:

As a Sleepwalker, he said the exact same thing my role PM said.
Either Palmer literally sent Ultron the role list, or Ultron is a Sleepwalker

Unless I'm misinterpreting it, Isn't against game-runner shit anyway to post anything from the Role PMs unless you're the Game-Runner, like Palmer did in his description of the Sheriff role?

2. Unless your Role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, discussion about this game is strictly confined to this thread.
3. Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not quote or posts screen-shots of any PMs or posts that were not made in this thread. Obviously this is a grey area, but please try and play sportingly.

If that's not the case then you can just ignore that accusation reason. At the same time if it is significant then I guess you could...to confirm your towny-township, post your PM to protect your identity.

Your thing with CornBurrito was a bit questionable as well too, but seeing as you were pretty sound with your defense here:

How did I imply anything of that sort
If there happened to be a case of mistaken identity and a murder, I don't think people would believe my role claim then.

There's nothing for me to get suspicious about here. Soon later, my suspicions for you began to allevate a bit since I wasn't really in a good position to judge the baseless flufrf and whatnot up until you made the suggestions regarding the deputies. I think it was here,

I don't even want that kind of responsibility
Where I was kind of starting to get a bit irked that the previous defense of Ultron's role (the sleepwalker PM quoted above, did it feel necessary to confirm his role with what you've received? wouldn't it be better to feel some sort of solace that you know your role and let Ultron die with either the responsibility, or getting lynched?)

--

otherwise, outside of simple bandwagon voting with Timeasis and other inactive poking those would probably be the main reasons as to why I suspect you.

CzarTim

I'm not following any narrative. I'm just watching for the players being the scummiest. However I get there is unimportant to me. This isn't a really good post, either. It's belittling and in a world where a lot of players are not caught up, they'll see this and bandwagon.

Explain how it is wrong. Because I point blank asked you if you thought both were scum and you said yes, and I just don't see that being likely.

CzarTim

I'd be more likely to believe Corn is scum over bat, which is not to say I necessarily think Corn is scum. I was leaning town on Darryl, but his reactions to this have been bad.

Fireblend

Banned
Just quickly checking in to say this weekend is really difficult for me as I'm at my company's Xmas party on a shitty connection right now and my gf is flying to Chile tomorrow and I have to get her to the airport so I doubt I'll be here at day's end. I'll try to place a vote tonight before going to sleep if I make it home still conscious.

Darryl

Banned
Explain how it is wrong. Because I point blank asked you if you thought both were scum and you said yes, and I just don't see that being likely.

Yes. I said I think they are scum. I don't know they are scum. Your shallow list assumes that I know they are scum together and this is all a connected argument, when I actually thought CB was the scummiest target until Bats revealed himself, and then I came to the conclusion that it was better to chase Bats. I'm looking for who is being manipulative here. You would know this if you were following the argument, instead you're chasing bullet points. Like a real towny.

How about we vote on the issue. How many people,e here found Darryls post motivating? How many felt,discouraged by it?

Not really sure how targeting the top posters is supposed to help motivate inactives, and if that was the intention, it doesn't really seem to have worked very well. There's been some discussion, but it's mostly still been the top posters.

*Splinter

Yes. I said I think they are scum. I don't know they are scum. Your shallow list assumes that I know they are scum together and this is all a connected argument, when I actually thought CB was the scummiest target until Bats revealed himself, and then I came to the conclusion that it was better to chase Bats. I'm looking for who is being manipulative here. You would know this if you were following the argument, instead you're chasing bullet points. Like a real towny.
I assume that last sentence is sarcasm. So do you now think Tim is scum?

batsnacks

I am curious about what StarSketch thinks about the reasons other people gave for voting Darryl.

StarSketch is the only one voting Darryl for playing less aggressive, right? Seems like it would have been more appropriate to vote earlier if that's the reason.

*Splinter

You haven't said much and then you appear and say this and throw an early vote on Darryl? It is because you see Darryl being a potential end of day viable lynch target and don't want to be seen as a late bandwagoner?
Ok here's a more specific example of CornBro seeming scummy. I agree that Star's vote was weird, but then he comes up with this needlessly convoluted theory to justify holding suspicions on Darryl and Star together.

Ok here's a more specific example of CornBro seeming scummy. I agree that Star's vote was weird, but then he comes up with this needlessly convoluted theory to justify holding suspicions on Darryl and Star together.

Except I've rescinded my suspicions on Darryl.

And yes, I am openly speculating about other people being scum.

Then your theory on star is even more needlessly convoluted

The main thing is that Bat and Czar both threw votes at Darryl. Putting him at 3 votes. Star nonchalantly puts a 4th on him without a particularly solid explanation. Well he posts an explanation, but one that was covered pages ago.

4 votes isn't a particularly big deal, but it is enough to get a bandwagon rolling I think. I'm not saying Star is scum, or that voting for Darryl is necessarily scummy. I just want Star to justify his vote more.

I should mention that I don't have a problem with metagaming, I was just commenting on Darryl's posts.

It was before I think. He made that comment on page 6, you made a comment about Darryl on page 7.

Anyway, Style does strike me as odd too, I did try to poke him earlier asking for his thoughts and didn't get a response. Last game he was a bit odd too at first, but later in the day on he seemed to pick up and made some fairly decent posts.

Vote: Style

But I'd be willing to change my mind if he posts a bit more, or someone better comes up.

and hi new El Topo

For what it's worth, I think style is scum more than Daryll. I could be wrong about daryll. however, scum seems scummier to me.

Ok, so I'm here and random thoughts
CB- seems to be acting way more aggressive then he was last game.

Darrly- seems about the same to me, like the only thing different is that he's not berating Flux.

Flux-Don't agree with your new play style at all. You were being a really good town last game and were playing just fine. Now your super quiet and I can't get a read from you at all.

Dave-What's up with the baker persona? Like why didn't you do this the first game?

Xam- has been a real follower this game. Ultron claims sleepwalker he claims sleepwalker. Cabot votes time he votes time. Cabot votes RNH he votes RNH.

I feel like Cabot, Splinter, and Crimson Fist(did you spectate the last game?If you did, it makes sense to me now why you wanted to hear from Style)are town. Everyone else is just kinda null to me. I'll vote for someone later. I'm just waiting for more people to come and talk at the town square.

Also Style my old buddy, I really want to hear your reads. I thought they were really good last game and would like to hear from you about the current game.

FluxWaveZ

Flux-Don't agree with your new play style at all. You were being a really good town last game and were playing just fine. Now your super quiet and I can't get a read from you at all.

Oh sure, that's why everyone was saying pretty much the opposite and why I guess anyone who thought differently kept silent about it.

Top Bottom