• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Beta stream today

Revven

There's going to be a multiplayer beta stream by Naughty Dog today.

Here's the link: www.twitch.tv/naughtydog

Starts at 11:30 AM PST/2:30 PM EST.

No idea how long it's going for but their streams are usually pretty short so I'd guess an hour at most.

I'm going to be at work so I'm going to miss it. :(

Edit: Timer

t1448998200z4.png

Edit 2: Stream archive: http://www.twitch.tv/naughtydog/v/27973811

SomTervo

[Edit: FYI this is streaming from 7.30pm GMT (+00).]

Nice one OP.

Even from watching the potato-cam offscreen footage from a couple of months back - it looks fucking amazing.

The animations look great. It looks like it has vanilla Uncharted 2's simplicity and purity. The rope-swinging mechanic looks super fun to use and super useful, like the first proper gameplay leap since Uncharted 1. The graphics and models all look brilliant even if it has a slightly plasticine-like look, like Uncharted 3's multiplayer had. The camera and perspective looks great.

Naughty Dog don't have a great track record for the patches/updates to their games, but at least this Beta should be fun af :p

SomTervo

In what way? AI assists and mysticals already seem to make it more complicated that it should be.

IIRC both of those function as power-ups, rather than loads of back-end customisation and 'boosters' - what made Uncharted 3 irritating to play and an inelegant multiplayer mode (it was still very fun).

So in Uncharted 3 you had:
> kickback boosters
> buyable pre-game boosters
> perks
> customisable weapons
> screen was always cluttering up with 'Kickback booster activated!' and loadout screens and shit like that

Watching the potato-cam of UC4:
> not a single thing comes up on screen. no mention of kickback boosters
> no mention of other boosters
> no sight of perks
> no sight of customisable weapons - I hear loadouts are in it
> the AI sidekicks and mystical weapons appear to be one-use power-ups. You collect them and run around with them then press a button to deploy them. You don't need to 'buy' them and they don't seem to affect your general running/gunning/playing ability

It was clear how pure and uncluttered it was from the footage (which I can find if you like).

I could be wrong on all the above of course - the proof is in the pudding on Friday.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
pretty wild that we're gonna play this soon

ND makes such great MP modes and then fucks em up with microtransactions or dumb patches... really hope this one steers clear of those pitfalls

SomTervo

pretty wild that we're gonna play this soon

ND makes such great MP modes and then fucks em up with microtransactions or dumb patches... really hope this one steers clear of those pitfalls

Yeah, I had a total creep-up moment last night.

"Hang on... It's December already.

I'll be playing Uncharted 4 on Friday?!"

AKyemeni

IIRC both of those function as power-ups, rather than loads of back-end customisation and 'boosters' - what made Uncharted 3 irritating to play and an inelegant multiplayer mode (it was still very fun).

So in Uncharted 3 you had:
> kickback boosters
> buyable pre-game boosters
> perks
> customisable weapons
> screen was always cluttering up with 'Kickback booster activated!' and loadout screens and shit like that

Watching the potato-cam of UC4:
> not a single thing comes up on screen. no mention of kickback boosters
> no mention of other boosters
> no sight of perks
> no sight of customisable weapons - I hear loadouts are in it
> the AI sidekicks and mystical weapons appear to be one-use power-ups. You collect them and run around with them then press a button to deploy them. You don't need to 'buy' them and they don't seem to affect your general running/gunning/playing ability

It was clear how pure and uncluttered it was from the footage (which I can find if you like).

I could be wrong on all the above of course - the proof is in the pudding on Friday.
Mysticals and Sidekicks are bought through the in game store, similar to how TLOU worked with purchaseables.

AKyemeni

I wonder what Erin's involvement is. I have a hunch that he is in charge of an unannounced co op mode.
Doubt it.

He has no experience with co operative multiplayer.

Before TLoU, he was in charge of Homefront competitive multiplayer, which I heard was actually sorta good.

Where can I find people selling the codes. I want in but I'm not buying the collection.

Just put an alert for Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection in Slick Deals. It's everywhere and around 30 bucks.

I'm not sure if there is a code to gain access to the MP beta unless it came with physical copies and I just haven't seen it on eBay.

zsynqx

Just put an alert for Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection in Slick Deals. It's everywhere and around 30 bucks.

I'm not sure if there is a code to gain access to the MP beta unless it came with physical copies and I just haven't seen it on eBay.

No codes came with my physical copy , I think you just have to own the game and the beta will pop up when it is available.

*Just checked in the box, says it will be available in the overview section when you have the NDC disk inserted.

zsynqx

Source?

Cuz I never heard of him during my UC3 days for co op.

All I know was that he was just a game designer.

From his linkedin

Lead Multiplayer Designer
Naughty Dog
January 2012 – Present (4 years)Los Angeles
Lead Multiplayer Designer on The Last of Us

Game Designer
Naughty Dog
April 2011 – December 2011 (9 months)
Game Designer on Uncharted 3's Co-op Adventure mode

Also from game informer interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvYl8ZsS-b8

Watch from beginning, mentions Erin at 0:12

Edit: He may not have been the lead then, so I may have been wrong about that.

SomTervo

It's online for a pretty good price on CDkeys.com IIRC.

B.O.O.M

This is probably a really dumb/obvious Q at this point but could some tell me whether we need PS+ to access the MP beta for UC4?

My PS4 is coming this week and my PS+ has run out. So I was wondering.

EL CUCO

Loved TLOU MP but never really got into UC2/3's MP. I grabbed the NDC though so I'll definitely be watching.

Top Bottom