• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can now buy class boosters for Destiny. $30/€30/£25 each

Ambitious

dey1otf.png

ukzba6d.png

Description said:
This consumable pack contains a Level 25 boost for one Titan/Hunter/Warlock, a Subclass Boost, and Telemetries.

The nature of the Subclass Boost isn't yet known (i.e. whether it boosts all subclasses or just one, whether it fully upgrades them or not, ...).

Seems like the DLCs are still rolling out, so you might not yet see them in your regional PSN/XBL store.

Jinjo

It looks to be (going by the preview images) just the light consumable we got one for free of with the TTK. Basicly it brings you up to level 25, but does not level any subclass. It saves you 4 hours or something. GG Bungie.

danowat

Banned
It looks to be (going by the preview images) just the light consumable we got one for free of with the TTK. Basicly it brings you up to level 25, but does not level any subclass. It saves you 4 hours or something. GG Bungie.
For 25 notes?, jesus.........

Why the fuck do they cost that much?

Also and I think it's intentional if not incredibly devious. The item for fast tracking to level 25 doesn't actually give you experience points, you just wind up at 25. Ordinarily getting to 20 will unlock a fair chunk of a subclass table but the person who uses that item will be level 25 instantly with absolutely nothing. No grenade, no double jump (you'll get them quick but still).

Basically if you wanna hit the ground running with the game you'll need to buy a level up boost and a subclass boost. Otherwise you should probably start at the beginning and level a subclass along the way. Doing level 25 stuff immediately is gonna be balls hard and kind of annoying.

geordiemp

I am used to defending Bungie on most things, love Destiny but taking a break for a few months at the moment.

But they are stepping out of Cosmetic only....I do not like this direction.

Pay for better equipment / guns or levelling is crossing that line.

Kiyo

People asking why even play, this only gets you to the same point that the boost you got with TTK gives you. It does not instantly bring you to the level cap. I see this as the same as Blizzard's Level 90 boost with WoW (which sells for $60). If people want to save a few hours for $30 then it's fine by me.

It's not my Destiny to buy this

It's not Bungie's Destiny to sell this

But it is Activisons Destiny

Stop blaming Activision for every egregious business decision within Bungie or with this game. Bungie have proven quite competently themselves that they're capable of being a money-grabbing corporation.

danowat

Banned
In a nutshell, this is everything that is wrong with the, games as a service, model (for the consumer, obviously a completely different matter for the publisher).

Is there any revenue data available for Destiny?

Stop blaming Activision for every egregious business decision within Bungie or with this game. Bungie have proven quite competently themselves that they're capable of being a money-grabbing corporation.

Yup, it's pretty obvious that the decision to move away from more content to micro transactions was a decision that bungie made. It's not necessarily a bad one, but they are definitely not going about it in a good way.

I assume the price is high to put people off using it. It's only for people that are too lazy to grind up to 25 or want to get a second character ready for end game stuff?

The Pandabus

Neo Member
This seems even more absurd when it stands beside the fact that I just bought the entire Legendary pack for €30 last night off PSN. Paying for character boosting has always seemed weird to me but its been done by other games so I can't say this is a surprise.

danowat

Banned
This seems even more absurd when it stands beside the fact that I just bought the entire Legendary pack for €30 last night off PSN. Paying for character boosting has always seemed weird to me but its been done by other games so I can't say this is a surprise.

I wonder if the two things are connected, as there was a recent push on both platforms with large discounting.

Maybe they are changing their business model? Sell a pile of copies on discount(s) and then after a while turn FTP with micro transactions?

Top Bottom