• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#FE | Genei Ibunroku #FE Import OT: Fire Emblem’s spinoff Performa ft. SMT48

Oh, so he's a TV composer. That's weird that they didn't get someone off their own staff.
Yeah... the music is pretty bad and that's a huge bummer.

Thoraxes

Wow, Dream☆Catcher is amazing. I love when they use voice-leading syllables based on traditional Japanese-folk music. 1, 12, 123456 (as eighths), for the amount of notes per divisional segment.Then you have the a-minor pentatonic scale for the chorus (no deviation either) with those phrase groupings while all the verses are in C major. It's cool because not only is it the normal Major-minor relationship between keys, but it goes from C-major to a-pentatonic minor versus just a usual a-minor, but it uses it in a kind of inversion for half the chorus, opting to use C as tonic till the cadence where it finally reaches a-minor before switching back again. Such a nice way to subvert listener expectations.

Those vocal rhythmic patterns are probably one of my favorite things that come out of Japanese folk-music, and to hear it adapted in this style is super cool.

Shun

I went back and reread the development blog posts for the game and I'm really glad that Yoshino Nanjo was casted and I really like her character in the game.

After Kiria's side stories I came to like her a lot more than initially.

Her lyrics are dark and depressing despite sounding upbeat and it shows how she feels sort of pressured into maintaining her persona while dealing with her own loneliness and how she feels trapped as a 21 year old.

Tsubasa, a character I thought I would not like at all and think would be boring developed quite a bit and when you see the movie with her stadium debut I felt happy like I was rooting for her.

Yashiro too his development was different from what I thought he would be but I really came to like his range as a character.

I really want to do a character write up soon about how I feel about the characters minus Itsuki and how it works with their image songs and side stories.

kiryogi

Banned
Nice. Hopefully it will do well over here.

EDIT: Oh shit. Did I break a thread rule by complaining about the music?

Nah, we've commented on the story before, but I think if you pull stuff like in any of the other #FE threads, then that's ban :eek: There's legitimate commentary, then there's omgthisgame sucks, idols. lawl. (95% of GAF right now)

Nah, we've commented on the story before, but I think if you pull stuff like in any of the other #FE threads, then that's ban :eek: There's legitimate commentary, then there's omgthisgame sucks, idols. lawl. (95% of GAF right now)

Oh I see. The rules section doesn't really stipulate what degrees of criticism are acceptable.

EDIT: Err actually it kinda does. Just got to stay objective I guess?

ranmafan

Oh I see. The rules section doesn't really stipulate what degrees of criticism are acceptable.

EDIT: Err actually it kinda does. Just got to stay objective I guess?

Criticism is fine, not everyone will agree on everything. Of course just saying "it sucks" or something like that might be viewed by some as being just a drive by post, which ends up with less discussion and more arguments. So yeah having some comments to go along with the criticism is fine. A little detail why you like or don't like something is always good to have.

Shun

Wow, Dream☆Catcher is amazing. I love when they use voice-leading syllables based on traditional Japanese-folk music. 1, 12, 123456 (as eighths), for the amount of notes per divisional segment.Then you have the a-minor pentatonic scale for the chorus (no deviation either) with those phrase groupings while all the verses are in C major. It's cool because not only is it the normal Major-minor relationship between keys, but it goes from C-major to a-pentatonic minor versus just a usual a-minor, but it uses it in a kind of inversion for half the chorus, opting to use C as tonic till the cadence where it finally reaches a-minor before switching back again. Such a nice way to subvert listener expectations.

Those vocal rhythmic patterns are probably one of my favorite things that come out of Japanese folk-music, and to hear it adapted in this style is super cool.

I love this post.
The style reminds me most of matsuribayashi that use percussion and strings.

But the way they do it is more modern so I guess the closest thing I can call it is gandaigagaku even tho it's primarily a pop song.

kiryogi

Banned
I love this post.

I believe it's because it uses this style is what it's so similar to the Splatoon sisters song, and why everyone keeps drawing comparisons to it.

Criticism is fine, not everyone will agree on everything. Of course just saying "it sucks" or something like that might be viewed by some as being just a drive by post, which ends up with less discussion and more arguments. So yeah having some comments to go along with the criticism is fine. A little detail why you like or don't like something is always good to have.

Oh awesome. Good to hear that there are some measured a rational people here. Sometimes you can't tell. Seems pretty easy to get banned If someone is too sensitive or takes something the wrong way.

Shun

You didn't break any rule you're fine to criticize the music.

From our impressions, Sakura doesn't have the same opinion as me in terms of the themes and story and some other members like the music and don't.

I only did the rules section to keep the thread on track because it's a disservice to everyone to have pages of complaining or making uninformed posts and spreading misinformation which is pretty prevalent as you can see in the clickbait title of the other one.

You didn't break any rule you're fine to criticize the music.

From our impressions, Sakura doesn't have the same opinion as me in terms of the themes and story and some other members like the music and don't.

I only did the rules section to keep the thread on track because it's a disservice to everyone to have pages of complaining or making uninformed posts and spreading misinformation which is pretty prevalent as you can see in the clickbait title of the other one.

This forum has a lot of problems with that unfortunately. Its good that you can sort of moderate your own OTs in this way. I'll keep that in mind when I make one eventually.

vall03

Man, too much shitposting about this game this month. I've been following some people on Twitter and they've been positive about the game as well. Its like everything is "pandering" these days. *sigh*

Shun

This forum has a lot of problems with that unfortunately. Its good that you can sort of moderate your own OTs in this way. I'll keep that in mind when I make one eventually.

I really only want to just keep discussion on track because the game deserves at least that much considering the amount of work and talent and polish that the developers put into it. It doesn't deserve senseless idols are shit posts when you realize that the concept of idols is pretty broad and that many of the elements in this game parallel to the entertainment career trajectory in the western world as well. It's a well made game and it deserves decent discussion.

If you have any questions about the game, what we discussed earlier in the thread, or anything in the OP, let us know we'll gladly help discuss since as seen from the other threads, a lot of people still have a superficial idea of what it is.

All of us here who've played the game have found faults and made critical comments about them so we're not here licking each others wounds or being defensive like some others may suggest.

I didn't want to have to make a rules section to be honest but considering the nature of posters, it was necessary.

I want this OT to be helpful and I am glad that some of the members here have found this resource useful.

Shun

So have you guys enjoyed what you've played?

Generally yes, most if not all of us enjoyed the game and find it to be a great RPG with good characters.

Or likes and dislikes vary but that's the general consensus not just here, but mostly everywhere else too. It's a good game that most of us enjoyed.

I learned a bit from my previous OT so I'm going to be updating the OP with more impressions and reviews from other members once they feel confident they're able to provide a write up after they finish the game.

ranmafan

So have you guys enjoyed what you've played?

Tremendously! Its been hard to put down. Thankfully Ive had a nice long winter break to play it. Love the battle system, the dungeons are fantastic and well designed. Music is a blast. I haven't made my GOTY list yet, but if I had to now, its easily #2 for the year for me. Even passing Fire Emblem If which I loved a lot too. Surpassed all my expectations and then some. Hoping to finish this week so I can post longer impressions.

Thoraxes

I love this post.

But the way they do it is more modern so I guess the closest thing I can call it is gandaigagaku even tho it's primarily a pop song.
:D
I believe it's because it uses this style is what it's so similar to the Splatoon sisters song, and why everyone keeps drawing comparisons to it.

I did a bunch of side-study on asian folk-music (both vocal and non-vocal) when I was in grad. school because I had a Korean professor who was well-versed in the asian folk-music styles of a lot of the countries out there. Talk about taking advantage of an awesome situation!

You don't really get to hear that style in western music much at all, so when people get their one example, it ends up being the one thing they compare it all to. The main defining features of both those song's vocal parts revolve around pentatonic scales and metered syllable patterns.

Generally yes, most if not all of us enjoyed the game and find it to be a great RPG with good characters.

Or likes and dislikes vary but that's the general consensus not just here, but mostly everywhere else too. It's a good game that most of us enjoyed.

I learned a bit from my previous OT so I'm going to be updating the OP with more impressions and reviews from other members once they feel confident they're able to provide a write up after they finish the game.

If it means anything, it's in my GOTY votes for 2015. #3! And honestly the best RPG I've played this year that wasn't on mobile.

Tremendously! Its been hard to put down. Thankfully Ive had a nice long winter break to play it. Love the battle system, the dungeons are fantastic and well designed. Music is a blast. I haven't made my GOTY list yet, but if I had to now, its easily #2 for the year for me. Even passing Fire Emblem If which I loved a lot too. Surpassed all my expectations and then some. Hoping to finish this week so I can post longer impressions.

Thanks guys! I'm really looking forward to this game, just hoping they do a good job with the localisation.

Kanann

Impressions for OT

Finished 99% everything exclude NG+ contents (80 hours)

It's really good Megaten, that's all folks.gif

What make it stand out?
- Game-play is great, well balanced, and fun
- Characters, cute but not for otakus like socials try making it seem to be
- setting in entertainment industry, rarely see in jRPG
- motions and facials when fighting are really great
- monsters/bosses design are great, bosses have cut scene when they cast unique arts and when they death
- Tokyo is very colourful here
- no technical problem (like frame rate drop, etc.)
- character status, weapons, skills, passive skills development are very easy to understand

Why it can top another Megaten?
- no boring filler and grinding much (except you play on hard)
- no over complicate quest, amount of quests and variety are proper too
- I like [Side Story] more than miss-able and tedious Social Link

Things I don't really love here.
- Story is just ok.
- J-pop aren't my kind of interest
- Generic battle/boss themes, generic dungeons design and music

I'm just Megaten fan, not Fire Emblem Expert nor into moe shit or idol shit in Japanese culture, but I like sharp FE to guts.

Impressions for OT

Finished 99% everything exclude NG+ contents (80 hours)

It's really good Megaten, that's all folks.gif

What make it stand out?
- Game-play is great, well balanced, and fun
- Characters, cute but not for otakus like socials try making it seem to be
- setting in entertainment industry, rarely see in jRPG
- motions and facials when fighting are really great
- monsters/bosses design are great, bosses have cut scene when they cast unique arts and when they death
- Tokyo is very colourful here
- no technical problem (like frame rate drop, etc.)
- character status, weapons, skills, passive skills development are very easy to understand

Why it can top another Megaten?
- no boring filler and grinding much (except you play on hard)
- no over complicate quest, amount of quests and variety are proper too
- I like [Side Story] more than miss-able and tedious Social Link

Things I don't really love here.
- Story is just ok.
- J-pop aren't my kind of interest
- Generic battle/boss themes, generic dungeons design and music

I'm just Megaten fan, not Fire Emblem Expert nor into moe shit or idol shit in Japanese culture, but I like sharp FE to guts.

Sounds good.Thanks for your feedback. I'm pretty much in the same camp as this last statement. Gives me some hope that I can look past the aesthetics and music.

Shun

I'm not sure I'm allowed to post the Fortissimo Edition Artbook, but it comes with a lot of concept art for the characters, mirages, and weapons.

More importantly it also comes with the lyrics for the full versions of the songs on the selection CD. I can at the very least provide lyrics here. I'll go song by song if I have time so here's the lyrics to Reincarnation by KIRIA. I will go song by song later when I have time to.

The gist of the song is about Kiria's inner and suppressed loneliness and insecurity as a professional and how at times she wants to break away and reincarnate from it all. Inside it's as if her heart is shattered like glass and she tries to pick up the pieces like a puzzle. She's scared and wants to break free. I am not confident in my english but I can do a full set for all the full songs if people care.

But yeah this is the shit that Treehouse gets to localize.

Reincarnation - Kiria(CV.南條爱乃)

壊したい大事そうに抱えた私を全部
キミガこの孤独を痛みを癒すの
Reincarnation (Hah Ah)
Realization (Hah Ah)
Reincarnation 消えてしまいたい

眠らない街のざわめき
愛想笑いの憂鬱
本音なんていつかどこか
見えないふり

誰だって不安なんてそんな
言われなくても わかってる

壊したい 大事そうに抱えた強がりなんて
でも素直になれない
迷っても悩んでキミが求めるなら
せめてこの孤独を痛みを壊して
Reincarnation (Hah Ah)
Realization (Hah Ah)
Reincarnation 生まれ変われりたい

葵の空は窮屈に
上辺だけを映し出す
この未来をずっとずっと
ぼやかしてる

曖昧に繋がる世界は
深い傷さえあざ笑う
どれくらい苦しめばいいの?もがけばいいの?
まだ答え見えない
教えて!真実をキミが知ってるなら
ガラスみたいな心欠片を探すの
(Hah Ah Hah Ah) キミが…
(Hah Ah Hah Ah)

どんなに暗闇でも キミが照らそうとするから
蜃気楼みたいな望みを 信じてしまう

壊したい 大事そうに抱えた強がりなんて
でも素直になれない
迷っても 悩んでキミが求めるなら
せめてこの孤独を痛みを 

どれくらい苦しめばいいの?もがけばいいの?
まだ答え見えない
教えて!真実をキミが知ってるなら
ガラスみたいな心欠片を探すの
Reincarnation (Hah Ah)
Realization (Hah Ah)
Reincarnation 孤独を壊して
Reincarnation (Hah Ah)
Realization (Hah Ah)
Reincarnation生まれ変われりたい

ranmafan

I'm not sure I'm allowed to post the Fortissimo Edition Artbook, but it comes with a lot of concept art for the characters, mirages, and weapons.

More importantly it also comes with the lyrics for the full versions of the songs on the selection CD. I can at the very least provide lyrics here. I'll go song by song if I have time so here's the lyrics to Reincarnation by KIRIA. I will go song by song later when I have time to.

The gist of the song is about Kiria's inner and suppressed loneliness and insecurity as a professional and how at times she wants to break away and reincarnate from it all. Inside it's as if her heart is shattered like glass and she tries to pick up the pieces like a puzzle. She's scared and wants to break free. I am not confident in my english but I can do a full set for all the full songs if people care.

But yeah this is the shit that Treehouse gets to localize.

[/B]

I love that art book, but I wish they had given it a hard cover like the Fire Emblem if special edition had. Mine seems a little flimsy. I hope we get a much bigger and nicer art book for the game someday. Something at least the size of the Nintendo Dream guidebook or even bigger would be awesome.

Reincarnation is a great song. Had it playing quite a lot last week while doing some dungeon crawling. But yeah I can't imagine how Treehouse is going to localise all of this. Makes me wish I could play US wii U titles too so I could see the results in the future.

Shun

Reincarnation is a great song. Had it playing quite a lot last week while doing some dungeon crawling. But yeah I can't imagine how Treehouse is going to localise all of this. Makes me wish I could play US wii U titles too so I could see the results in the future.
Yeah I really like Yoshino Nanjo's performance in this game and I'm really glad she had a lot of work. Kiria is my favorite character in the game other than Yashiro and I really love how her image songs and side quests tie in and give us more on her character. Kira's songs and quests have different sides to her and contrasts pretty well considering she's the most veteran in the group being 21 years old and all and really feeling the effects of her work.

Lyrics for Tsubasa's debut song, her other songs are a lot better but it's just a typical pop song about her dreams in the field. It's explained further in the game. Pretty straightforward and not like Reincarnation or Black Rain.

Feel - 織部つばさ(CV.水瀬いのり)
どんな時も 感じて欲しいの この思いを
折れない翼で 私の歌
もっと もっと 届けるから

Feel my voice 遠くたって
Feel my soul 歌に続けたい
Feel my heart 諦めないよ
夢見てた 世界へ

隠していた 心の扉(ドア)をノックして
もう一人の 私に会えた

どんな時も 感じて欲しいの この想いを
折れない翼で 君の元へと
どんな夢も 叶うと信じているの
ドキドキ 止めらねない 私の歌
もっと もっと 届けるから

Feel my smile その瞳で
Feel my love その胸の奥で
Feel my beat 体中で 繋がっていたくて

眩しい季節 思い出と一緒残る
そんな歌を 歌っていくから

もっと側で 感じて欲しいの この想いを
向かい風だって もう怖くはない
もっと高く 飛べると信じているおの
誰にもマネてきない 私の歌
ちゃんと ちゃんと 届けるから

Feel my voice Feel my voice
Feel my voice

Feel my soul Feel my soul
Feel my soul

Feel my heart Feel my heart
Feel my heart

どんな険しい道ても 後
見てて 欲しいに
君に 私の全て

もっと側で 感じて欲しいの この想いを
向かい風だって もう怖くはない
どんな時も 感じて欲しいの おの想いを
折れない翼で 君の元へと
どんな夢も 叶うと信じていれの
ドキドキ 止めらねない 私の歌
もっと もっと 届けるから

cerulily

Sorry if this has been asked. Is NOA going to handle localization of this game in NA? I don't have high hopes for all the j-pop and whatnot surviving the translation.

FluxWaveZ

Sorry if this has been asked. Is NOA going to handle localization of this game in NA? I don't have high hopes for all the j-pop and whatnot surviving the translation.

Treehouse, yes.

And if all the J-Pop and whatnot didn't survive localization, I'd really love to see what the game actually would become because Japanese entertainment is everything that #FE is.

Shun

It would be a shame if it didn't, but if they were to retain the music and had as in-depth references to the entertainment industry as a whole, it wouldn't be as big of an issue. The game has a lot of references to tsukkomi comedians, musicians, vocaloid, magazines, bangumi etc.

I posted earlier in this thread in regards to how similar showbiz is in both east and west and how people use their previous careers to jumpstart more successful ones in the future. If they were to retain western parodies/jokes in the Japanese version of the game like with Barry Goodman and Kuen Tarachino.

I mean if Ryu Ga Gotoku can do it, I don't see why Treehouse can't. I've only played the series in Japanese but from what I've heard it does a decent job with the idols aspect and all the other entertainment references in Ryu Ga Gotoku 5.

I just will be a daunting task especially if you saw and are able to read the lyrics for the songs I posted earlier. Doing songs would probably be the hardest aspect of it if they were to keep the themes and how it ties into the characters and their personality.

People are really cherrypicking and fixating on somethings without realizing the context which leads me to believe that not many people read through the OP. There really isn't anything that you can call pandering in this game unless you really want to call every instance of showing skin pandering.

It's pretty faithful to the trajectory of how a lot of people end up in show business and they've been pretty inoffensive with it.

The concept of idol is pretty broad because at it's core it's really just a person who's there, a face, to represent fans through a variety of activities, whether it is singing, appearing on bangumi, wide shows, radio shows, comedy, etc. You have a character and flavor for each of them, some not as developed as others, but they are there and it's executed tastefully.

Some, not all idols go through gravure, a lot of people in the entertainment use their idol career or gravure career to jumpstart a more successful career in acting or fashion.

Quite a few AKB members graduated and became actors, Shinozaki Ai moved past gravure and is breaking out a singing career a very talented one too, Mizushima Hiro is a prolific actor and is also widely known for his work on tokusatsu as well as male gravure; Mizushima had a writing career too and came back to acting. I guess the closest American contemporary would be say Miley Cyrus or Ice Cube or Channing Tatum or quite a few others. It's the Japanese entertainment industry but there are parallels to Hollywood and the American and international one as well, let's not kid ourselves. But again people will still stay fixated on a single aspect without looking at the big picture really.

You can find character parallels to quite a few characters to real life as well since some characters are parodies to their real life contemporaries.

It's not like in this game you spend a ton of time hosting akushukai or dealing with creepy fans or having to do questionable things. It's tamer than how Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku approaches the aspect in their 5th game.

Even if you're not keen on the aspects of it, Itsuki, the main protagonist, is the most vanilla and grounded one anyway. He wasn't even keen in entering the entertainment industry and was basically sucked into it. He's there to act as an anchor and contrast from the other colorful personalities in the game since he's the one who doesn't necessarily want it as much as the other with his limited modeling experience.

What I kind of would have liked is maybe more of a focus on a scandal aspect to go alongside with the game. Reason being is that I really like AKB49 manga's take on it since it's ending right now and their take on the scandal and the aspects of idols is pretty good and inoffensive for the most part. I'm pretty sad that AKB49 is ending and I think it's a recommended read for anyone interested here.

Anyways I'm going to do my review and thoughts write up now and start editing those in.

ranmafan

Treehouse, yes.

And if all the J-Pop and whatnot didn't survive localization, I'd really love to see what the game actually would become because Japanese entertainment is everything that #FE is.

Yeah if all that stuff was changed, cut, or altered in a significant way it would be almost a completely different experience. I'm really interested in how it all ends up for the Western release, and I hope they don't change much so everyone can experience it the way we are now. And really I would be super surprised it they changed too much. I mean those that will want this game will want that Japanese entertainment experience I believe.

cerulily

It would be a shame if it didn't, but if they were to retain the music and had as in-depth references to the entertainment industry as a whole, it wouldn't be as big of an issue. The game has a lot of references to tsukkomi comedians, musicians, vocaloid, magazines, bangumi etc.

I posted earlier in this thread in regards to how similar showbiz is in both east and west and how people use their previous careers to jumpstart more successful ones in the future. If they were to retain western parodies/jokes in the Japanese version of the game like with Barry Goodman and Kuen Tarachino.

I mean if Ryu Ga Gotoku can do it, I don't see why Treehouse can't. I've only played the series in Japanese but from what I've heard it does a decent job with the idols aspect and all the other entertainment references in Ryu Ga Gotoku 5.

I just will be a daunting task especially if you saw and are able to read the lyrics for the songs I posted earlier. Doing songs would probably be the hardest aspect of it if they were to keep the themes and how it ties into the characters and their personality.

Well my concern isn't "if it can be done". More that i don't think Nintendo has a great track record for maintaining the integrity of Japanese context like Atlus does. I don't have a WiiU, but i planned to grab this just to have it, so i was just wondering. I guess Japanese Language Track will be out, most likely? Did they retain JPN language for Fatal Frame?

Shirke

There were some solos and duets that weren't in the Special Vocal Selection like Tsubasa and Kiria's "Give Me!!" Will they release all the songs later in the future?

FluxWaveZ

There were some solos and duets that weren't in the Special Vocal Selection like Tsubasa and Kiria's "Give Me!!" Will they release all the songs later in the future?

Yeah, the Vocal Collection "Fortuna All Stars" CD was announced for February 10, 2016, with 18 tracks.

Sakura

Well my concern isn't "if it can be done". More that i don't think Nintendo has a great track record for maintaining the integrity of Japanese context like Atlus does. I don't have a WiiU, but i planned to grab this just to have it, so i was just wondering. I guess Japanese Language Track will be out, most likely? Did they retain JPN language for Fatal Frame?

It was dual audio yes.
Wonderful 101 was too, but I don't remember who localised it.

Shun

There's JP in Fatal Frame I think.

There should be enough space for the voices on disc for the JP tracks if they were to add it but it isn't up to us whether not they are able to get the licensing for it. For how much effort was put into the game you would hope they do for fans like you.

I don't find that there isn't anything worth altering in this game other than making references easier to understand in English. Many of the costumes are fine and the ages of the characters stay in there because it is very much a coming of age type of thing.

Out of the playable characters Kiria is 21, Yashiro is 18, Itsuki and Tsubasa are 17, Eleonora is 16, and Mamori is 11. You get two/three experienced veterans in the industry who struggle with their identity and their persona on stage and in real life and you have two/three entertainment rookies with one of them being pretty disinterested in it for the most part.

I believe a good amount of us who played the game think that the game is done tastefully and that there shouldn't be any issues other than translating and putting things such as bangumi and language specific tropes and phrases into an English understandable perspective.

Flux beat me but full versions of the songs, and hopefully drama transitions will be in the full release on February 10th.

ranmafan

There should be enough space for the voices on disc for the JP tracks if they were to add it but it isn't up to us whether not they are able to get the licensing for it. For how much effort was put into the game you would hope they do for fans like you.

I believe a good amount of us who played the game think that the game is done tastefully and that there shouldn't be any issues other than translating and putting things such as bangumi and language specific tropes and phrases into an English understandable perspective..

Yeah theres nothing in it that should be altered content wise due to cultural differences I feel. And if anything is changed on that end I would be surprised a bit. But watch they change age numbers or something even still. Something always seems to get altered even a little bit these days.

But yeah the biggest question is probably the songs and if they have the rights and all. Considering Avex Trax is involved and we all know how the JPOP industry is about licensing abroad, I wouldn't be surprised if there were issues there. If they got the rights and keep them the same, all cool. If they have to alter them or do something unique with it, I would be very interested in seeing the results.

Shirke

Yeah, the Vocal Collection "Fortuna All Stars" CD was announced for February 10, 2016, with 18 tracks.

Awesome, songs in this game are great, Black Rain is unexpectedly catchy and Reincarnation is my fave. Game looks great as well, can't wait for it to come out in NA.

Shun

Poor Touma ;_;

Dammit I forgot him. Touma is also 17.

It goes to show how much I used him and how much I liked the other characters more minus Itsuki. He's a cool character tho.

I'll post Yashiro's lyrics to Black Rain in a bit. I didn't expect to like Yashiro as much as I did in this game and god fucking damn he's hella attractive in the game. Like damnnnn.

Makio

I

I would love for the english version of that lyrics , and man as much i love other tracks like Dream Catcher , Reincarnation IS the song of the game for me.

Simply great , specially the part not included in the opening / "concert" cutscene of the track. I was blown the first time i hear the full version.

Draxal

Dammit I forgot him. Touma is also 17.

It goes to show how much I used him and how much I liked the other characters more minus Itsuki. He's a cool character tho.

I'll post Yashiro's lyrics to Black Rain in a bit. I didn't expect to like Yashiro as much as I did in this game and god fucking damn he's hella attractive in the game. Like damnnnn.

Not gonna lie, i'm shocked that he was 18 in game, I thought he would be the old one out of the crew.

Shun

Not gonna lie, i'm shocked that he was 18 in game, I thought he would be the old one out of the crew.

At the beginning of the game Touma wasn't as much of a surprise but I thought Yashiro would be older too but he's 18. Yashiro was pretty different from how I expected him. I thought he would be the cooler pretty boy Touma replacement but he's really interesting. I also want this game to be confirmed canon so Kiria and Yashiro can show up as Fire Emblem characters. Dude is made attractive and skilled as a sword fighter.

Eleonora shoulda gotten Yashiro on lock, make him hers.

I would love for the english version of that lyrics , and man as much i love other tracks like Dream Catcher , Reincarnation IS the song of the game for me.

Simply great , specially the part not included in the opening / "concert" cutscene of the track. I was blown the first time i hear the full version.

I will do my best tho english not my first language. For now I post songs what they are about instead as a summary until I am confident in providing something decent. Unless someone else wants to do it.

I can probably do the lyrics for songs like Meiro and Fly but I rather wait next month when CD release because some song like Black Rain use different kanji for certain words, like 終末(終わり)shuumatsu being used but he sings owari.

I'm at the final dungeon right now, and only have one sidequest and a few requests left to do.
Went over the 50 hours mark also.

- The story is serviceable, but not great. It's there to move the game along but don't expect too many surprises. I'm liking it for what it is.

- I like the graphical style they chose for the environments and characters. Every meaningful person is detailed while mob characters are just a colored silhouette (around which they play a bit with. A grey person is unconscious for example). Pretty colors everywhere!

- The sound is excellent. I like j-pop to begin with so that's not bothering me at all. Although, if you don't like that kind of music, the appeal on that front is not that great. BGMs not related to j-pop are excellent so maybe that's enough for you to gloss over the rest of the music.

- I like the dungeon layouts, there's something you don't find in randomly generated ones like Persona 4. Each one has a different small gimmick to advance, I thought they were well designed.

- Overall performance is really great with no slowdowns. I had only one instance of big slowdown in a fight, when there was my entire party going against the enemy for like 15 turns or so. The beginning was fine but as turns went on, performance degraded. Never had anything close to it anywhere else in-game.

- Combat system is a mix between SMT and Fire Emblem and you can chain attacks with the Session system. Max I got was a 20 combo streak. I like it a lot because you can dish out a lot of pain on the enemy, but I wish I could sometimes skip all the animation and only get the final result, but it's not always possible, mainly when your characters are doing "normal" attacks. Special attacks are skippable fortunately.

- Difficulty is there if you want it, and you can put a very easy mode if you die on the easy difficulty. There are some spikes here and there. My biggest hurdle was at Chapter 5 though.

- So I'm not done with the game because work kept me off it but I'm really enjoying my time with it and can't wait to continue the final dungeon and tasks. I'd also want to get every weapon and skills if possible.

Top Bottom