• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Truck Simulator will have Nevada along with California at launch

DD

IFoZLdjtqCSj.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

It was stated that the game would come with California only at release. But the team always hoped Nevada would be finished by launch but weren't confident enough to guarantee it. We'll have to install it as free day-one DLC. Arizona is also in the works and will also be free when it releases, but there's no firm date on that front.

Sauce http://www.pcgamer.com/american-tru...facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=pcgfb

krang

I think I asked this in another thread, but I don't think it was answered.

I know basically nothing about this, but I'm quite intrigued. How are the locations represented in the game? Is it a 1:1 of major routes with 1:1 of smaller roads at key locations, or is it an exaggerated version of reality, sort of like The Crew?

Peru

I know basically nothing about this, but I'm quite intrigued. How are the locations represented in the game? Is it a 1:1 of major routes with 1:1 of smaller roads at key locations, or is it an exaggerated version of reality, sort of like The Crew?

It's not a 1:1 of anything. It's basically the perfect balance of making you feel like you're on the road, driving through nowhereland and getting the feel of the endless countryside, while still being short enough that you don't grow bored before you see another city. Of course you can sign up for shorter routes and long ones that will take you actual hours. Key road milestones, landscapes and city landmarks will be represented.

Native Xbox controller support would be awesome.

I use a 360 controller with ETS 2

More like The Crew, with a some 1:32 scale, but at least they're keeping state shapes actually proportional and having state borders. I hated that in The Crew.

psylah

Nevada is close enough to the Outback in assets that I hope they have an Australia expansion.

Road trains, man.

0b8e4c26edc23425f06151fb42d4bc6d.jpg

krang

It's not a 1:1 of anything. It's basically the perfect balance of making you feel like you're on the road, driving through nowhereland and getting the feel of the endless countryside, while still being short enough that you don't grow bored before you see another city. Of course you can sign up for shorter routes and long ones that will take you actual hours. Key road milestones, landscapes and city landmarks will be represented.

More like The Crew, with a some 1:32 scale, but at least they're keeping state shapes actually proportional and having state borders. I hated that in The Crew.

Great, thanks.

I guessed that was the case. I won't lie, though, I am a little bit disappointed despite how unrealistic an expectation it was.

Jams775

From the look of that alpha footage from pcgamer, it looks pretty condensed. California is huge and driving from Bakersfield to Fresno takes like 2+ hours and the guy in the game did it in like 2 mins. So maybe it's something like 1 hour to 1 minute? FYI this is just me making assumptions. Either way, I'm looking forward to it and am stoked it's only $20.

Great, thanks.

I guessed that was the case. I won't lie, though, I am a little bit disappointed despite how unrealistic an expectation it was.

For ETS2 the scale is pretty spot on between making longer routes impossibly tedious and shrinking the world too much. Going from the extreme opposites of the map can still take a few hours (especially with mods). Also, the scale switches whenever you are in a city so they can expand a bit on the detail there. (though still not close to 1:1). ETS scale is 1:21 I think, so they did shrink it a bit more for ATS. Probably because there are a lot more open landscapes in the US with straight roads for hours. Having too realistic scale could quickly evolve into Desert Bus.

Rflagg

I didn't know this was even a thing, but now I am crazy hyped. I loved ets 2 I am not even sure why I loved it so much tbh.

Top Bottom