• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Cyberpunk 2077 will not be at E3 2016 (or anywhere before 2017)

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-11-is-witcher-dev-cd-projekt-red-exploring-virtual-reality

I haven't see this getting reported a lot, and I know some people are expecting it to appear, so just so people don't get false hope.

CD Projekt Red's next major game is of course Cyberpunk 2077, and the report says it won't come before 2017. A follow-up Q&A also said Cyberpunk will not be at E3, Eurogamer Poland told me. Between 2017 and 2021 there will also be another triple-A role-playing game released by the studio, although it doesn't say what this will be. It could be a second Cyberpunk game, it could be another Witcher game (although after 10 years of making only Witcher games, CDPR may not rush back to the series), or it could be something completely different.

Rellik

Never really expected it to be.

I'm more than happy to allow them to take their time so we can get the best from them.

bbd23

s50yprd.gif

erawsd

I feel like I saw a statement months ago from CDPR saying that Cyberpunk wouldn't be at e3 and that support for the Witcher would still be their focus in 2016.

Stiler

This is why I wish more studios would follow the lead of Bethseda.

Wait until the game is in the final phase of bug squishing, etc and announce it when you know it will be out within a year tops from the announcement.

I mean they announced this in 2012, here it is 2016 and tehy haven't even showed us a single in game screenshot or anything.

chozen

This is why I wish more studios would follow the lead of Bethseda.

Wait until the game is in the final phase of bug squishing, etc and announce it when you know it will be out within a year tops from the announcement.

I mean they announced this in 2012, here it is 2016 and tehy haven't even showed us a single in game screenshot or anything.

But there were still bugs

expected, but still sad we won't get at least a new trailer.

I guess this means CDPR will solely go there to announce Blood and Wine. Which is big enough of course.

DarkFlame

Banned
2016 is the Witcher's year,it was expected that Cyberpunk won't have new concrete info untill 2017

Imo we'll have an Enhanced Edition announcement for W3 in this years E3

Jocund

CDPR said a while ago that they were focused on post-launch support for Witcher 3, so this isn't surprising.

I am hoping there is some sort of mistake here or there, I just can't believe that we won't be seeing anything new regarding Cyberpunk 2077 at E3.

Top Bottom