• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DARK SOULS III DELUXE - 0.79$ ON MEXICAN STEAM STORE (region locked)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have activated games not available in Japan over the past year, and had no problems.
Is it limited to select games only or all of them?

It's limited to select regions:

Q: Speaking of gifts, what are the regions wherein such purchases have restrictions?
A: Put simply, gifts purchased in Asia, Central/South America, Eastern Europe, South-east Asia, the Middle East, China, India, South Africa and Turkey (click the links for specific countries) can only be redeemed by users in the respective regions (e.g. a gift purchased in Eastern Europe is only of use to someone else in Eastern Europe). Steam makes no secret of this during checkout, though, so it's virtually impossible to accidentally send someone a region-locked gift.

Just to make it abundantly clear, it is possible to freely exchange gifts within each respective region (e.g. someone in Argentina is perfectly capable of redeeming a gift purchased in Brazil as both countries are part of the Central/South America classification) and users outside of these regions are free to send unrestricted gifts to users within them (e.g. someone in Russia is perfectly capable of redeeming a gift purchased in the US, but not the other way around).

Cess007

Downloading the game now :D

I wasn't even to get Dark Souls 3 this soon, but for 14 pesitos, how can i say no to that? :3

Manoko

That sucks.
Price errors never happen for EU Gaf... Either this, or the Amazong Street Fighter V one.

Enjoy Latin America !

Alebrije

Thanks Pena Nieto

EPN4.jpg

Red Hood

Banned
From what I understand, it can be gifted, but you'll have to use VPN to redeem it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I've been told that Valve bans people who redeem Steam gifts from other regions using VPN (or something along those lines). I have no idea. May be true, may be just scare tactics.

I have a Mexican steam account. American living in Guadalajara. Just let me know what I can do with in the next hour or so before I have to head out!

iBlue

Notice: Gift purchases for DARK SOULS III Deluxe Edition can only be added to the gift recipient's library if they are in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Bahamas, Belize, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Paraguay, Suriname, El Salvador, Uruguay or Venezuela.

i can only gift to those countries according to steam :(

Ventara

I've been told that Valve bans people who redeem Steam gifts from other regions using VPN (or something along those lines). I have no idea. May be true, may be just scare tactics.

Though I believe people have been banned who use VPN to buy the game, I don't believe anyone has ever been banned for redeeming one using VPN.

If you want to play it safe, make an alt account or something,

Flandy

Notice: Gift purchases for DARK SOULS III Deluxe Edition can only be added to the gift recipient's library if they are in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Bahamas, Belize, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Paraguay, Suriname, El Salvador, Uruguay or Venezuela.

That works for me

VARIA

Ay, no es bueno.

Nekrono

Luckily I am from El Salvador, ayuda pleasee

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

nooooo :(

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I can try to buy the game for some gaffers.

I live in brazil and using a VPN just completed a purchase (I created a new account).

Just remember that your steam account need to be south american to redeem the game.

Top Bottom