• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is a new Radiohead album imminent? - form new company similar to prior releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
Man staying up and catching In Rainbows as it landed out of nowhere, then listening with everyone else is one of my favorite music experiences of all time. I don't think I can wait on a chance with an actual job these days though. :(

Just drop it now Thom.

22.gif

Code:
http://www.radiohead.com/sdrf7_assets/img/22.gif

Deeku

it has to happen today!

the birds back too on DAS

edit: and it's gone again, guess it's an hourly or half hourly chime thing? fuck man i hate this band

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
What's with the cryptic horseshit. just give us the damn album Radioshitheads.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Seriously this shit is whack. The people that will buy the album are just waiting around pissed off while everyone else on Earth doesn't know anything is happening and if they did wouldn't give a fuck in the first place. But go ahead you shit heels, drag this nonsense out a few more days.

These are the same people that left Staircase off TKoL.

They fucking hate you.

Yeah, if they somehow drag this shit out till next week they've lost at least one customer unless the price of the new album is exactly $free

Deeku

It definitely irritating!

But I dunno, at least they're trying compared to just dropping an announcement for TKOL. There's are tiny part of me that thinks this is kind of fun.

Very very tiny tho

People are being a bit ridiculous here. It has literally been a couple of days since this stuff began. Before that, some rumblings of a new album but if you have the first hints of "it's happening" to "release" in this space of a week can you REALLY complain about it being dragged out?

That is if this doesn't go on for too long.

People are being a bit ridiculous here. It has literally been a couple of days since this stuff began. Before that, some rumblings of a new album but if you have the first hints of "it's happening" to "release" in this space of a week can you REALLY complain about it being dragged out?

That is if this doesn't go on for too long.
The mysterious bullshit they put us through is always part of the fun for a new Radiohead album. I wouldn't have it any other way, even if all I think about lately is LP9!

The mysterious bullshit they put us through is always part of the fun for a new Radiohead album. I wouldn't have it any other way, even if all I think about lately is LP9!

The main thing is people are acting like this has been strung out for months when it's literally been a couple of days.

I mean damn... most things these days have announcements of announcements, countdown timers, hype machines getting stoked months in advance.

How have you been dicked around since January? Did I miss some kind of announcement back then or something?
Apparently "we're still working on the album" is code for "we're going to ruin your life for months even though we won't start our actual viral marketing any time soon."

Oreoleo

Honestly a bit sad to see their mrketing department playing you guys like a fiddle.

All of this meta stuff just seems really tired to me.

I... kind of agree. Though maybe I wouldn't have put it so harshly. The album is out when it's out, guaranteed every single one of you will hear about it when it happens. Until then just get on with your lives.

cabot

dawn of war 3 possibly announced and a new radiohead album in the same day?

Can I handle it?

*awaits new DoW2 last stand character and no album announcement*

Word on reddit is that this studio has done the claymation video that's apparently going to drop today

https://www.instagram.com/jacknifeprints/

They deleted their most recent post too which had some radiohead related comments

The most recent post that is still there says this.

The Video will be released in instalments starting on monday - stay tuned for info on where to find it

That suggests this is going to be happening over the span of a few days. Of course, it's Tuesday now and was when the post went up after midnight EST/5am UK. Of course, was still Monday on US West Coast when it went up.

EDIT: Oooh, bio for the dude who runs the studio making the video says he was involved for the video for There, There. This should be interesting.

Deeku

The most recent post that is still there says this.

That suggests this is going to be happening over the span of a few days. Of course, it's Tuesday now and was when the post went up after midnight EST/5am UK. Of course, was still Monday on US West Coast when it went up.

EDIT: Oooh, bio for the dude who runs the studio making the video says he was involved for the video for There, There. This should be interesting.
There was another post after that which said the whole thing would be shown tomorrow (posted 18h ago)...but I might be wrong.

But who cares, it's happening!

Steamlord

Oh shit, I love that video. I love anything with that Svankmajer / Quay bros stop motion aesthetic. That particular video kind of reminds me of this video for The Owl Service by Pram.

So yeah, I'm excited about all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom