• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinect Adapter for Xbox One S up for Preorder

jbug617

Banned
$39.99
https://t.co/HSxJm4gNzf
CnQBuLxUsAAviMf.jpg

Credit to Wario

If I remember correctly you can also get it for free but you would need the serial number from the XB1, Kinect and XB1 S.

What if i bought a standalone Kinect and will get the Xbox One S when it comes out, do i get this adapter for free or i need to give MS my original Xbox One serial too ? The thing is, i recently sold my original Xbox One and don't have the serial number anymore.

Since this is $40 and is required for the Kinect to work on the new Xbox maybe Microsoft will drop the Kinect price to $60? I can dream.

Wow! I had no idea the Kinect didn't natively work with the Xbox One S. Does anybody know why? Obviously it was to save money, but how does omitting a connector significantly do that?

Still on the fence about whether or not I want to just sell my Xbox One and be done with it or if I want to sell it and pick up the Xbox One S. The TV/media stuff, Rare Replay, Halo 5, Halo MCC and 360 BC are the biggest reasons why I want to keep an Xbox One in the house, but I don't know... I feel like I wouldn't really miss a lot of that stuff.

Wow! I had no idea the Kinect didn't natively work with the Xbox One S. Does anybody know why? Obviously it was to save money, but how does omitting a connector significantly do that?

Well some of it might have also been them realizing that putting a proprietary port on it was a bad idea. This adapter also allows you to use it on a Windows 10 PC. Having said that I believe there was a version of the Kinect for sale as the PC version that had a usb cable, so I would imagine that version of Kinect would work on the Slim?

I think i'll move the kinect with my xbox one when i get the S. the ir blaster is all i kind of use right now. Haven't touched voice commands in a while.

I used to use it all the time too.

Caayn

As expected the same adapter as the current PC adapter for devs. But in a redesigned box and €/$10 cheaper.

k2pcagsuud.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
To think how big of a deal Microsoft tried to make people believe Kinect would be for the Xbox One...

Shin-Ra

Experience the convenience and versatility of the Xbox One Kinect Sensor on your Xbox One S or Windows PC
People didn't appreciate the all-in-one design so this is the new convenience.

Play games where you are the controller on Xbox One S and instantly capture screenshots or game clips
"instantly"

Microsoft would be smart to drop the kinect price. As it is, it's way too expensive, 140$ in Canada and now requires a 40$ adapter to work if you buy the slim.

If you only want to do video streaming, you still need a Kinect as it's the only camera available for the Xbox One. Unlike PS4 which has a 50$ dollar camera that does the job for most people.

I love kinect, it's sad that it is treated like shit now. Even for simple games like Kinect Sports and Fruit Ninja, the device gets a lot of use from me and friends that come over. Skype calls are amazing on the thing too, quality picture and all that...

I don't understand why this adapter costs so much.

Are they trying to discourage people from buying it so they no longer have to support Kinect? Do they want a huge margin? Is it some weird play to get people to upgrade to the S?

Does it have to be the X1 that came with the Kinect? I upgraded to the 1tb X1 a year ago and traded the OG system. I'm guessing they just want to make sure you have an X1, right?

yyr

According to the Amazon description, this works with BOTH Xbox One S AND Windows PC. So there may be a reason for some to grab this even if they don't plan to buy the S. OP, this might be worth putting in the first post.

And to the people who came in here just to shit on Kinect in yet another thread: please, stop wasting your and everyone else's time. We know that it didn't turn out the way Microsoft hoped, and we don't need to be reminded.

watership

Reducing a port on a motherboard across millions of units? It's a lot of money saved.

Top Bottom