• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Mafia |OT| Gotta Catch Em’ Scum!

Yeah. We also should take into account scum likely still have all their PR, so depending on what they have we would take the risk that scum could counter a lot of our pr when they know who they are. Doesn't seem like something that will likely end up in our advantage.
Depends on the role to be honest.

For instance a cop (if we have one) could clear 4 of the remaining 15 players.

Very difficult for scum to work around that.

Sawneeks

Banned
RIP Gorlak and CM. :c

Why Gorlak, though? I'll have to go back and take a look and what he has done this game.

What are we at, 15 left? 8 dead, 0 scum. If there's a silver lining, no non-trainer PR's have died yet.

I don't think the vig should claim. Is there any evidence that it can't be an SK?

None so far. Considering we need to 'remove all the threats that would disrupt Town' in order to win I wouldn't dismiss the idea of a Neutral SK.

Sawneeks, did CM say anything during the night? Did he end up clarifying what he meant about you claiming to safe TGD?

I want to hear from Sawneeks. How did CM's actions yesterday make any lick of sense?

Yeah, I asked CM to explain a couple things last Night in the chat.

His 'save TheG' line was not directly aimed at me, it was aimed at Town at large because CM believed that TheG was Town due to his willingness to cooperate the last Day phase and he did not see why a Scum!TheG would suddenly NK Topo right after he caught him. He clarified that he should have separated the two lines more in order to make the distinction more clear and apologized for the confusion.

He also said he dropped that breadcrumb for me to claim for two reasons. First, he said he agreed we should claim and come forward but when I asked him to clarify why he changed his stance from 'let's not claim' to 'let's totally claim' he never gave me a straight answer other than 'i changed my mind'. Second, he said he dropped that instead of claiming himself because he did not want to 'steal my idea' and claim it for his own and, therefore, left it up to me.

After that I asked for his reads and general thoughts on the game itself.
His Town reads were: Ferret, Sawneeks
Uncertain Town reads: Star, Nin, Ynnek, Stan, Splinter
Scum Reads: Verelios, LP, Melon, and Dusk
the rest were null

Brought up that he could see Splinter leading the Scum Team like in PiR and was calling the shots, he still Town leans on him but he saw it as a possibility. We both agreed that LP hasn't been playing his usual game of Super Townie and it requires a look into, same goes for Blarg.

and then a bunch of breadcrumbs that CM dropped to hint he had been caught that I can point out if you guys want. :x

Sawneeks

Banned
I'll have to go back and re-read, but a few things:

-Sawneeks and CM's gossip chat: CM flipped town. Sawneeks could be scum.
-TG flipped town. Did scum Sketch give him up to save herself?
-Dusk's last-minute claim.

Can you explain to me how you came to this possible conclusion? Because you just kind of made a statement and then Roy filled it in, so I want to know your thoughts on it.

and same for your 'Dusk's last minute claim' line because that's a statement, not an opinion.

Sawneeks

Banned
Since you guys are all playing 'Guess the Vig' I guess I will look at the votes from the last Day Phase.

A few popped out to me in my brief glance

this has been my view/problem with this entire day phase.
its my opinions that the people in the game dont know shit about the games balance until it is explicitly told to them,
making calls on what we think we know is just asking for mistakes with nothing to show for them.

anyway.

THE WHEEL HAS SPOKEN

vote: Lone_Prodigy

(please note the the wheel only included players i am not against lynching)
(side effects may vary)

Pointed it out then but if you are telling me you did an RNG vote on Day 3 you're going to have to explain to me why. Not to mention you stayed out of the whole TheG thing completely and being 'indifferent' does not help Town. Do you not care who gets lynched??

All right, I caught up, or at least I got the gist of it.

I know Splinter already tackled this one, but it really seems really obvious to me. This part in particular caught my attention.

But the dead pm clearly states that you can catch pokemon... and they keep their alignment, so its clear there should be scum pokemon or neutral pokemon, its just to be expected.

But then Why put so many eggs on this basket? I think he is trying to get town confused about the facts on purpose and at the same time voice how townie he is by saying he doesn't want more townies to die... hmm...

Vote: TheGoddamn

Not really the vote itself but I just want to see more from you, Salva. Who do you want to lynch today and why?

Christina Mackenzie

I'm done with you.

Can you fully explain your vote, please.

Who do you want to vote out today and why?

well, then

I'll agree to that plan, Goddamn

VOTE: Ynnek7

I'd trust you to be logical regarding Tonight

Okay, let's try this one again.

~*~Can you please explain your vote~*~

and you Verelios one today as well because you're being incredibly unhelpful, Blarg.

Non-Flush voters from D2:

Gorlak on Sophia
Fireblend and Salva on Verelios
nin on roy
roy on Dusk
CM on nin
Ty4on on TG
Dusk, Blarg, and Flush on CM
LP on Gorlak
Ynnek7 on LP

Now, Ynnek's vote on me was because I voted Gorlak. Fair enough. But D3 starts and roy and Sawneeks ask me about my vote. Yet, most of the other stray votes goes unnoticed. Seems to me like scum is trying to follow up a lead. (Or I'm just biased since I'm more aware of questions directed at me.)

Any one of these random vote targets have merit for being on the lower end of activity, except Sophia and Verelios. And despite having 3 votes on D2, CM goes unnoticed until that mind-boggling post he just made. (I addressed this before.)

By the way, do you know who has 3 votes today? Ynnek, courtesy of nin, TG, and Blarg. We don't know TG's flip yet, but let's try this:

VOTE: Ynnek7

Soooo if I understand this correctly, you voted for Ynnek despite thinking CM had scummy actions AND using TheG's alignment despite him not flipping yet.

lol ok

Verelios

Sawneeks will have something to share with town later.

Sorry if it feels like I'm putting you on the spot but I'll be going offline and I guess I'm being cautious.

Save TheGoddamn.
Well, I can certainly see this post separating into two thoughts if I suspend my disbelief, but the mention of save has the action form of saving, meaning someone has to be doing some saving. And, I'm a little hesitant to say CM is addressing town when the second paragraph addresses Saw, and it's an awkward way to say don't lynch TGD when CM could just say...don't lynch TGD.

So, before you respond Sawneeks, I'll pre-empt a response by saying it's entirely possible CM meant those words for town, in that situation, but I'm going to throw out, were those words logical for that situation, in that meaning? Out of all the words CM could say, he chose save. Why? Whose saving? Town? But town has majority on the lynch so that makes no sense. They're less likely to save TGD than someone else.

Which brings us to why CM initially wanted you to claim but I have enough theories on that, and I'm guessing I won't get anything much.

Sawneeks

Banned
Well, I can certainly see this post separating into two thoughts if I suspend my disbelief, but the mention of save has the action form of saving, meaning someone has to be doing some saving. And, I'm a little hesitant to say CM is addressing town when the second paragraph addresses Saw, and it's an awkward way to say don't lynch TGD when CM could just say...don't lynch TGD.

So, before you respond Sawneeks, I'll pre-empt a response by saying it's entirely possible CM meant those words for town, in that situation, but I'm going to throw out, were those words logical for that situation, in that meaning? Out of all the words CM could say, he chose save. Why? Whose saving? Town? But town has majority on the lynch so that makes no sense. They're less likely to save TGD than someone else.

Which brings us to why CM initially wanted you to claim but I have enough theories on that, and I'm guessing I won't get anything much.

CM did not want me to claim, I was the one who wanted to claim initially and he was against that up until the sudden name drop. He dropped my name in the thread without explaining because he had changed his mind but didn't want to 'steal my idea' of claiming. I will break it down.

The order of events goes:

1. I get caught, see at the start of the last Day phase that I was now in a chat and went to check it. CM only had 1 post there and it was asking 2 questions for anyone else to answer once they were also caught. I answered the questions and proposed some to CM and one of those questions was if we should claim or not since Ty died
2. CM doesn't want to claim because it 'does not help Town, paints us as targets, and we enter the PiR Thunderdome of "ONE MASON MUST BE SCUM" ' and he was worried he would get lynched. After this I suggest we should claim and we go back-and-forth a bit. It is around this time I begin to worry that CM is Scum and is just trying to bide time until the Night Phase so I can get NKed. Before I went to bed that night CM was still against the idea of claiming, 'at least for a few Day Phases'.
3. I wake up to find that CM dropped my name in this thread and then left. I post and confirm we are in the chat and express my concerns over CM's alignment. Day ends, TheG gets lynched
4. The Night Phase rolls around and I ask CM questions regarding why he dropped my name when he didn't want to claim and why he wanted me to 'save TheG'. What I gave above was his answer.

We can discuss the grammar of it if you want but that was the reason he gave to me when I asked him about it.

Just to be clear, from CM's leanings I'm town reading Sawneeks as they obviously knew something we don't.

?

What I'm telling you now is all I know.

CM's highly dismissive attitude ( at least how I interpret it to be) was getting to me. I was very frustrated when I posted. I'm not the vig.

I don't think anyone asked if you were..?

Pointed it out then but if you are telling me you did an RNG vote on Day 3 you're going to have to explain to me why. Not to mention you stayed out of the whole TheG thing completely and being 'indifferent' does not help Town. Do you not care who gets lynched??

the short answer is that i didn't know what the hell else to do.

after the 3 page mechanic speculation filibuster i had practically checked out of the game, and i felt like the only thing worse than the random vote would be doing literally nothing.

so, to yall who voted TheG yeseterday?

well, why?

post his coming out of the trainer closet, i can hardly find a single convincing reason for his lynch.
the closest is the srgument of 'well you could still be scum' which was certainly true, but it doesnt seem like enough to get 8 votes.

Verelios

The biggest reason for me was his ability to block town PR's upon catching them. Continuing on while our numbers rapidly dwindled and scum came out unscathed seemed like a recipe for death.

nin1000

Banned
image.php

I dont know blarg.

*Splinter

So noone wants credit for killing CM?

Well, that's unfortunate, but not too surprising

I killed Gorlak. So why did scum kill CM?

VOTE: Sawneeks

*Splinter

Sorry, But the Point still stands about you not being sincere, well in the end it was something that didnt harm anyone i hope. I am still hurt splinter but i understand you

I know its a dumb question since its pretty obvious but why did you kill Gorlak ?
I thought he was scum, but at the same time the way he was playing made me think lynching him would be difficult, very cautious, not treading on many toes.

SalvaPot

I claimed veteran before, not vig

I only killed Gorlak, no idea what happened N2

Its too early for a poison dead, I think, and I really doubt scum has two kills, so if you didn't did it, then it had to be a third party, so, a neutral. But if that IS the case then what stopped this neutral for killing on N1 or N3, unless a doc got lucky twice so far.

Something is not adding up.

*Splinter

Its too early for a poison dead, I think, and I really doubt scum has two kills, so if you didn't did it, then it had to be a third party, so, a neutral. But if that IS the case then what stopped this neutral for killing on N1 or N3, unless a doc got lucky twice so far.

Something is not adding up.
Why is N2 too early for poison? Election had a 1 night poison

SalvaPot

You being scum ?
You barely being here ?
You being scum ?

You don't really believe I am scum.

Why is N2 too early for poison? Election had a 1 night poison

Hmm, maybe, but its still weird.

I also think its weird how Donald Trump was balanced. It works very similarly to a jailer, in that it takes the power from the people who belong to his team.

Do we know what happens when a trainer tries to catch another trainer?

nin1000

Banned
You don't really believe I am scum.

you got me. I am still bitter about last game yo, i thought we were hermanos but this time i think you are one of the coasters. And its not like you try to play a game of you dont care. Its more like trying to stay in the shadows. I dont like that Salva. Just wanted to state that very Clear.

SalvaPot

Nothing, presumably. The role PM talks about conditions being met, we can't actually see what the conditions are but I assume the target has to be a pokemon.

I was thinking that works as a pseudo-cop role, but really it doesn't prove anything if you fail to catch another trainer other than been able to find them on a lie.

I do wonder if the Scum team is setup in a way that there is a trainer and a few pokemon, but then again I believe town trainers can catch scum pokemon.

*Splinter

I was thinking that works as a pseudo-cop role, but really it doesn't prove anything if you fail to catch another trainer other than been able to find them on a lie.

I do wonder if the Scum team is setup in a way that there is a trainer and a few pokemon, but then again I believe town trainers can catch scum pokemon.
Its also impossible to catch Pokemon that have already been caught.

I think the whole trainers/Pokemon thing is a pointless distraction to be honest.

SalvaPot

I think the whole trainers/Pokemon thing is a pointless distraction to be honest.

It has to be taken into account for Balance. It doesn't help in scum hunting but it will help late in the game.

nin1000

Banned

I mean if you try to catch scum and get no information whastoever. It could mean that they are on a different team or could be scum. So i dont agree that it is pointless

roytheone

I am definitely not a vigilante. I thought claiming that would help draw the night kill away from town PRs.

Ok, that was my theory I had.

Depends on the role to be honest.

For instance a cop (if we have one) could clear 4 of the remaining 15 players.

Very difficult for scum to work around that.

Well, yeah, if we have a cop sitting on 4 green checks that are all still alive, they probably should claim now. But I would hope our pr are smart enough themselves to determine when the best time is to claim and give their information, without having to force them with a mass role claim. That would most likely out PR that aren't ready to claim yet and do more damage then good.

so, to yall who voted TheG yeseterday?

well, why?

post his coming out of the trainer closet, i can hardly find a single convincing reason for his lynch.
the closest is the srgument of 'well you could still be scum' which was certainly true, but it doesnt seem like enough to get 8 votes.

When I re thought through Ferret his plan before my vote was locked in, I just saw to many risk and uncertainties with letting TGD live. There was the risk of him not only blocking town PR, but also outing them if he was scum or a scum member got into his chat at any point. So my original thought of us being able to free PR by lynching TGD when he blocks to many wasn't a good idea, since the risk of outing PR to scum was just too big for them to come forward in the chat, which means we would never know when he blocked to many PR. Add to that the uncertainty of how useful his ability to find non-Pokemon roles is and the risk of him being scum, I decided to vote on him.

Lady Gaga II, claim pls

delete your Role

I know this is probably a fools errand, but: Why? We have no indication Lady Gaga II has a similar negative side-effect like TGD had.

So noone wants credit for killing CM?

Well, that's unfortunate, but not too surprising

I killed Gorlak. So why did scum kill CM?

VOTE: Sawneeks

So you didn't shoot N1 and N2? Or did you try to shoot, but somehow it failed?

And yeah, scum killing CM makes very little sense to me. He was very likely to be killed at night by the vig, and if he survived he would be a prime miss lynch target for them. Killing him themselves just seems like a waste. I guess they maybe could have tried a gambit where they wanted one of them to appear to be the vig? Would be very bold and I can't see that ending well for them, there will just be a tunderdome between fake and real vig.

*Splinter

So you didn't shoot N1 and N2? Or did you try to shoot, but somehow it failed?
I didn't shoot until last night.

And yeah, scum killing CM makes very little sense to me. He was very likely to be killed at night by the vig, and if he survived he would be a prime miss lynch target for them. Killing him themselves just seems like a waste. I guess they maybe could have tried a gambit where they wanted one of them to appear to be the vig? Would be very bold and I can't see that ending well for them, there will just be a tunderdome between fake and real vig.
Uh huh. So why did scum kill CM?

If a neutral killed CM, why didn't they claim their free #townpoints today? Also that means the scum kill failed for some reason.

roytheone

I am on two minds about this.One the one hand, since caught pokemon are part of a chat, it will be possible to get confirmation they are indeed un catchable since they are already caught, either from their trainer or their teammates. Same deal if the non-catchable target is a trainer, they should be able to give us the pokemon they caught and one of their teammembers should be able to co-oberate it. So we should be able to figure out the reason why the target wasn't able to be caught.

However, then the question arises what that would bring us? Being a trainer isn't necessarily indicative of your alignment, so is being a pokemon. We don't know if there even are any non-pokemon, non-trainer roles. So even if we figure out the reason of them not being able to be caught, that still leaves a lot of uncertainty.

Top Bottom