• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 PC performance thread

Kiyoshi

It seems I get a free copy of this as I've just ordered a 1070 :) Although not sure when/how I redeem my code, anyone else in on the nvidia promotion with a new 1070/1080?

LAA

Is it not possible to unlock WD2 from Origins through VPN?
Saying 11pm unlock time for me... and that's to even start the download, doubt I'll play today and probably not much tomorrow with FFXV (hopefully) coming.

dawid

We are using a new TXAA in Watch Dogs 2, and so the temporal component won't show in screenshots. For a proper look you'd have to grab some uncompressed/lightly compressed video.

We'll have more details on that, Temporal Filtering, and other stuff in the guide, coming soon to a certain website.

This should be sticky in OP. Thanks Andy!

brau

Hows the HUD options? Being able to hide most of everything on screen? I would love to get rid of that ugly map.

b0uncyfr0

Not sounding that good. Im more curious about this 720p + MSAA stuff they've pulled like Quantum Break. We can run natively right?

ISee

So...performance yay or nay?

some 1080p benchmarks said:
capturef4siu.jpg

It's definitely a heavy hitter. I wonder if the ps4 version also uses the temporal solution, I don't remember DF talking about it, like they did on Rainbow. But maybe I didn't pay attention.

Truant

Alright. Lowering shadows to "very high" seems to have solved 99% of my drops. They weren't super bad (55 ish) but they made the game feel sluggish.

I really like the look of temporal filtering @ 1440p DSR'ed to 1080p.

TheRed

I've connected to Indonesia and Australia using FlyVPN and they both haven't worked, Uplay still just shows a darkened preloaded button, if I start the game through file explorer it doesn't start up. What country should I really try as a sure way in FlyVPN?

robotrock

Banned
I've connected to Indonesia and Australia using FlyVPN and they both haven't worked, Uplay still just shows a darkened preloaded button, if I start the game through file explorer it doesn't start up. What country should I really try as a sure way in FlyVPN?

Having the same issues.

So I installed the game, just played intro then got booted to menu coz it's not fully installed?

No active downloads for the game, everythings done, just says "global installation 79%..."

seph1roth

It appears to be for the Temporal Filtering option, it's a very good option to provide to players so they can get higher frame-rates.

Yes but it's like Quantum Break, the game doesn't run at native resolution, showing a poor IQ.

It's a good idea if you want to cover a bad port with the excuse "it runs fine", when it doesn't...

Yes but it's like Quantum Break, the game doesn't run at native resolution, showing a poor IQ.

It's a good idea if you want to cover a bad port with the excuse "it runs fine", when it doesn't...

Temporal Filtering is an OPTION that you can choose to run or not

it's not turned on by default...don;t see why you're making such a big deal about this

I've got the same problem, can't play it anymore.

I logged back into my VPN and then uplay and it tried to continue downloading the HD texture back, when the connection drops it stops downloading.

So it's half installing the HD texture pack, but not actually downloading once connected to my local - damn that's annoying!

You can't cancel the download either!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'll just let geforce setup the settings for me

I'll upgrade my 970 sometime next year

I really thought there was sli from launch. Thought it was in there blog info about the game. It's only showing me for the one 980ti in the settings so not sure if SLI is coming or what the deal is. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance

I'm assuming you are on the latest driver?

Shari

can anyone confirm if they got the uplay version to work with VPN? if its through steam i dont want to know about it.

Yes, it works, go through thailand.

Edit: I see some people having trouble with it.

1. Close uplay
2. FlyVpn => thailand
3. Open uplay, you should see Download and right under, "locate game folder", click there and find your preload folder
4. Verification/Repair
5. Launche game and once its open close VPN.

Bare in mind Uplay will update game status once you quit VPN, so if you close the game you will have to do the process again.

dr_rus

Well shit, 1080p only for my 980ti. Might be time for an upgrade.

Notice that this is with Temporal Filtering On as well so it's actually less than 1080p native.

I'm scared to download the new Nvidia driver. Anyone having issues?

No issues here, ran half a dozen of games to check.

Live now, enjoy!

http://images.nvidia.com/geforce-co...ive-comparison-001-ubisoft-hmssao-vs-off.html
The images in this comparison looks identical. HMSSAO seems to work in the other three so this may be an article bug?

Top Bottom