• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire the Mafia |OT| A Game of Masquerade

Fat4all

Banned
Christina has had some strange moments, and does certainly have some sort of affinity towards Swamped, but I'm not really sure how to interpret that.

It'd be kinda weird to do if they were both scum, ya?

El Topo

I will ensure that all votes given are counted correctly, even if misspelled.
Please pay attention to using the proper command. Votes not given by the proper command will not be accepted.

Swamped

Banned
Help me, Swamped.

I definitely noticed CM trying to be on my team so to speak. We were scum buddies once before in the Danganronpa game, in which we both went through some extremely perilous and nerve racking situations lol. Maybe I'm just a familiar person to him. I don't really know what CM's end goal is here, but do you honestly think if we were both scum that he would openly ask me to "help" him in the game thread?

batsnacks

Yeah I definitely noticed this, and the blarg vote follow up too. I get the reasoning for CM's blarg vote though. Blarg is definitely one of those players who needs pressure to speak or give himself away as scum.

Zubz, I think CM is trusting me. Which is weird. I don't want that sort of responsibility if Zubz turns out to be town XD. But right now, I don't mind more votes on Zubz. I do think that CM is posting in a town way so far...in that he is prodding and being active. It feels consistent to his previous town play from other games I have seen him in.

Do you really believe the bolded?

Like his whole play today was literally waiting for you to act, defending you and telling the thread that your posts are forthcoming, and then following your votes on blarg and zubz despite saying zubz isn't scummy.

Fat4all

Banned
I definitely noticed CM trying to be on my team so to speak. We were scum buddies once before in the Danganronpa game, in which we both went through some extremely perilous and nerve racking situations lol. Maybe I'm just a familiar person to him. I don't really know what CM's end goal is here, but do you honestly think if we were both scum that he would openly ask me to "help" him in the game thread?

Maybe they are trying to openly make a connection with you to appear more legitimate, as a strategy? I found it a bit odd when I first voted for you, Christina was there vouching for you right away and assured me that you'd answer for your Blarg vote at least by day three.

But I dunno, maybe they just like playing with you a lot.

Zubz

Banned
Huh... I want to switch my vote to CM now since, regardless of Swamped's role, he's following her. But then that leads to a tie... And I can die from the tiebreaker.

Fat4all

Banned
I'm not sure I can swallow the arguments built up against you Zubs, to be honest. Most of your day two posts have been on point to me.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Swamped, I think it'd be in your best interest to lynch CM to clear yourself.

If CM flips town, then those posts will be of no concern, and we can move on to other targets the next day. If you're worried that CM will flip mafia, well... you could always roleclaim, I guess. But if CM is tying himself to you to drag a townie down with him, I don't know where we'll go.

I think we agree that his behavior is strange, though. If he's not an ally to you, this should be worth pursuing to you, right?

Fat4all

Banned
Lots of twisty odd things going on with this one here. I can't tell if they are shifting blame off them to others or what. I don't feel too good with anything they say. It feels like a better bet than swamped today.

I want to apologize for D1, I really don't know how to go about it so I'm usually quiet. This is my second game, but that's not an excuse. I've found this pretty difficult to do on mobile, so yea not a whole ton of substance on my end. Just picking someone out of the blue to go after seems wrong but I had a "gut" feeling about gorlak. Welp that's on me.

I understand the suspicions of me, but I truly think most that see me as an easy target today is scummy AF due to me actually stating my alliance. If I get the lynch look towards those against me. For real.

Stuff like this is fine. You sound more honest in you vote and in how you play. I'm still wary of you, but I dunno if I'm gonna vote for you for now.

Fat4all

Banned
I'd hate for a pile-on to happen to Christina and they not be around to defend themselves, but I'm very much considering them right now :/

batsnacks

I don't buy this at all and the language is really "generic town read-y"
I do think that CM is posting in a town way so far...in that he is prodding and being active. It feels consistent to his previous town play from other games I have seen him in.
Would anyone else describe CM's posting as not only towny but "prodding and being active?" It seems like if I am Swamped and I am town that CM's behavior would be very suspicious.

and this is a weird wifom post

No one said you were scum (yet) and people make cute posts like the "help me" post all the time as scum.

Hobohodo

Actually you might be okay, I believe MickD has a vote on CM that wasn't picked up by the vote counter.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=225582515

I'll add to this that I'm sticking to Mick for my vote, but I haven't understood the desire to go for Zubz one bit. I don't want to see this go to a tie and have Zubz go out . I don't have strong feelings that Zubz is town but I also don't see him as scum. MickD and to a lesser extent CM are more up for debate.

Swamped

Banned
I think CM is town aligned. I really don't think a scum CM would want to align themselves so strongly with me, whether I'm town or scum.

I really do want to hear CM's take on all this...i do hope he doesn't get voted out.

Swamped

Banned
This is really fun lol

VOTE: MickD

If I'm wrong about CM... Well I'm really sorry in that case :p. And well played CM.

batsnacks

blargonaut (1)
swamped 515 (648)
ynnek7 540
christina mackenzie 541 (665)
zubz 624 (683)
fat4all 626 (636)

mazre (1)
infinit777 522 (670)
infinit777 672

swamped (0)
squidyj 536 (628)
fat4all 637 (660)
squidyj 639 (687)

infinit777 (0)
dusk soldier 559 (669)

trigger (0)
batsnacks 568 (714)

mickd (5)
hobohodo 606
mazre 612
dr. worm 633 (684)
infinit777 670 (672)
zubz 683
satanic saint 685
swamped 717

christina mackenzie (3)
squidyj 628 (639)
dr. worm 684
squidyj 687
batsnacks 714

zubz (2)
swamped 648 (717)
christina mackenzie 665
dusk soldier 669

El Topo

Day 2 votes

blargonaut (1)
swamped 515 (648)
ynnek7 540
zubz 624 (683)
fat4all 626 (636)

mazre (1)
infinit777 522 (670)
infinit777 672

swamped (0)
squidyj 536 (628)
fat4all 637 (660)
squidyj 639 (687)

infinit777 (0)
dusk soldier 559 (669)

trigger (0)
batsnacks 568 (714)

mickd (5)
hobohodo 606
mazre 612
dr. worm 633 (684)
infinit777 670 (672)
zubz 683
satanic saint 685
swamped 717

christina mackenzie (4)
squidyj 628 (639)
dr. worm 684
squidyj 687
batsnacks 714
MickD 673

zubz (2)
swamped 648 (717)
christina mackenzie 665
dusk soldier 669

El Topo

The day had seemed to go on forever. Many had only briefly taken part in the discussions, instead playing darts, using the local pinball machine or just taking a nap. Despite all that, when the never-ending day drew to a close, the kindred had come to a decision.
"MickD, it's gotta be him." someone said from a corner. Others nodded in agreement.
"For the last time, I have nothing to do with any fucking conspiracy" MickD answered.
His words fell on deaf ears.
"I dunno, you *did* vote for Gorlak." someone said from the shadows.
"He's kinda scummy." another kindred said.
MickD turned around.
"Who said that? Why don't you say that to my fucking face?" he shouted, then grabbed a bottle and smashed it at a table.
The other kindred acted swiftly. They overwhelmed him and pushed him onto the dirty floor of the bar.
"Any last words?" a guy asked, though it was unclear if out of pity or to mock him.
"Fuck you, fuck your sire, fuck your clan, fuck the Camarilla, fuck the Sabbat, fuck the conspiracy and fuck you people in your fucking ivory towers. This fight never ends." MickD said, turned his head and spat in the guy's face.
"Unlike your life." the guy responsed.
A shot was heard. The day was over.

MickD has met the final death.

El Topo said:
“Oh, now you've done it, now you've pissed me off. Time to tear you a new one, fucking Cammie!”

You are an Ordinary Brujah. A staunch Anarch, you are dedicated to fight the power and help make Los Angeles a free city again.
You are aligned with Town and you win, when all members of the conspiracy (i.e. Mafia) are eliminated.

<Backstory for the player, removed to make this post easier to read>

While you are, as all vampires, a natural predator, you are of little threat to other kindred, nor do you have any particular standing among them. Therefore you do not have any power, other than your vote.

The game thread can be found here.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Please confirm that you received this PM and your participation via PM.

Night ends:
bla_1480629600.png

El Topo

Final Day 2 votes

blargonaut (0)
swamped 515 (648)
ynnek7 540 (724)
zubz 624 (683)
fat4all 626 (636)

mazre (1)
infinit777 522 (670)
infinit777 672

swamped (0)
squidyj 536 (628)
fat4all 637 (660)
squidyj 639 (687)

infinit777 (0)
dusk soldier 559 (669)

trigger (0)
batsnacks 568 (714)

mickd (6)
hobohodo 606
mazre 612
dr. worm 633 (684)
infinit777 670 (672)
zubz 683
satanic saint 685
swamped 717
ynnek7 724

christina mackenzie (5)
squidyj 628 (639)
dr. worm 684
squidyj 687
batsnacks 714
fat4all 725 (729)
fat4all 729
MickD 673

zubz (2)
swamped 648 (717)
christina mackenzie 665
dusk soldier 669

Gorlak

Banned
... ye..a..h.

well, I guess I'm alone with this one. Anyway enjoy the game while you're alive my kindred.

Hype!

El Topo

He did not go quietly. When they had come to capture him he had screamed, he had fought back viciously. He had fought back bravely. He had fought back without success.
They had left him to die. His limbs broken, his body almost bled out, in the middle of nowhere, with no cover from the sun.
But he would not despair. He would face the dawn, if necessary on his hands and knees. Would anyone remember him? He would never find out.
When the sun came, he met his fate like few had the courage to.

Once again the kindred had gathered at the bar. It wasn't a particularly nice place, they all agreed, but it was quiet, cosy and there was a dart board. Still, all that did little to quell the anger of many.
"Damn those vampires for what they've done to squidyj." said one of the kindred.
"We're all vampires you idiot." remarked another.
"Oh, right."
Two times they had gathered, two times they had failed to find those behind the vicious murders. Would today be different?

squidyj has met the final death.
El Topo said:
&#8220;I don't give interviews. Goodbye.&#8221;

You are an Ordinary Toreador. A reclusive author, you rarely interact with other immortals, let alone conspire against them.
You are aligned with Town and you win, when all members of the conspiracy (i.e. Mafia) are eliminated.

<Backstory for the player, removed to make this post easier to read>

While you are, as all vampires, a natural predator, you are of little threat to other kindred, nor do you have any particular standing among them, because, frankly, they&#8217;re not really the target audience for your books. Therefore you do not have any power, other than your vote.

The game thread can be found here.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Please confirm that you received this PM and your participation via PM.

Day 3 begins!
Majority is 9.
Voting tool can be found here

Day 3 ends:
blu_1480975200.png

Swamped

Banned
Maybe squidy WAS on the right track. Maybe he was killed because he is loud and has some sway.

I feel a lot less clouded in my judgement now, having had the night phase to think about the D2 proceedings. I had an idea stuck in my mind and wouldn't let go of it, even though the possibility of it actually being real was kinda low. Also, really need CM to comment on D2 end and all the associations with me.

VOTE: Christina Mackenzie

StMeph

Maybe squidy WAS on the right track. Maybe he was killed because he is loud and has some sway.

I feel a lot less clouded in my judgement now, having had the night phase to think about the D2 proceedings. I had an idea stuck in my mind and wouldn't let go of it, even though the possibility of it actually being real was kinda low. Also, really need CM to comment on D2 end and all the associations with me.

I'm inclined to agree that the end of D2 seemed to tilt the vote away from Christina toward MickD in a fashion similar to D1, and Christina never accounted for any off the accusations, either.

No reason not to force a quick majority this time.

VOTE: Christina Mackenzie

Ynnek7

Personally, I'm also curious about Fat4all now.

Vote: Fat4all

Unless I wasn't following the end there correctly, his vote would have resulted in a MickD/CM tie if I hadn't moved my vote for Blarg.

Fat4all

Banned
Hmm, I was gonna consider putting down a vote for CM again, but that squidyj kill is kinda making me doubt myself. It seems oddly similar what happened in night one with regards to batsnacks/Absolut. Was squidyj killed just to make it look more damning to CM? Or has the scum just been playing obviously this whole time?

Gonna have to think on this.

Dr. Worm

Banned
I had thought Christina Mackenzie would come back late in the day to respond; in hindsight, I think I got a little too eager toward the end there.

Even with last night's death, I still think CM is our best bet at the moment. That said, I want to apologize to him for letting that bandwagon go as far as it did without his input.

Dr. Worm

Banned
I'm inclined to agree that the end of D2 seemed to tilt the vote away from Christina toward MickD in a fashion similar to D1, and Christina never accounted for any off the accusations, either.

Indeed; a CM lynch today could serve as an indictment of MickD's voters if he flips mafia.

Personally, I'm also curious about Fat4all now.

Vote: Fat4all

Unless I wasn't following the end there correctly, his vote would have resulted in a MickD/CM tie if I hadn't moved my vote for Blarg.

Hmm, that's very true.

I noticed Zubz got mixed up with his vote as well; he was worried about causing a tie, but with MickD's vote counted, he would've ended up being the swing vote.

Day 2 votes

mickd (5)
hobohodo 606
mazre 612
dr. worm 633 (684)
infinit777 670 (672)
zubz 683
satanic saint 685
swamped 717

christina mackenzie (4)
squidyj 628 (639)
dr. worm 684
squidyj 687
batsnacks 714
MickD 673

I think we all got a little crazy at the end of that day.

Oh dear... I actually had squidyj as scum.

Firstly I should express thanks to Swamped and ynnek7 for believing I'm town (I hope that's the reason why they voted MickD previously).

I have something I need to share with town but first I require your votes. It's 9 to reach majority so I need 7 votes on me.

batsnacks

Any possibility of you explaining what's going on before you reach a near majority or are you just sort of going to hold the game hostage until your demands are met?

Top Bottom