• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubobutts

I think Brad picks good emails. Hasn't picked a single one asking to cast a movie or explain the rules of football in months, at least.
Out of all the bombcast hosts Brad has read the highest number of my emails so by definition he is bad at picking emails.

Zaph

I know they usually work from home Monday but it would be a bit much to tell Vinny he had to stay in his hotel while they all skipped the office.
I don't think WFH Monday includes the producers anyway. A least a couple times they've tweeted things from the office (and drew records altf1), so I imagine they do studio stuff during that time?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do you regularly loose up to 30 minutes of progress? Also, do the enemies in WD2 kill you with one hit?

Yeah actually

Not only that but the amount of guys you have to take on can varry depending on how many 'can call backup people' live long enough to call backup. Which is nearly instant for them to make the call.

jambo

I sent some emails to the Bombcast, not too garbage.

God they better do an emergency Alt-F1 this week.

I hope they do, but understandable if they leave it to next week. Might even work out better if a new driver is selected before then.

I know they're busy and all with GOTY stuff, but I always enjoy the random office videos that come out during this time. I hope we get at least one mailbag or something.

KingKong

It's kind of impressive how Dead Rising has been getting worse with every iteration (unless you count Off The Record as a full release)

popo

God they better do an emergency Alt-F1 this week.

You will be lucky if they do another F1 podcast again, unless they promised otherwise? (I confess I stopped listening)

Not sure what they would add to people kicking around the same old names and not much to discuss about Rich Guy Says "Fuck It I am Rich enough for Ten Lifetimes and Lewis is a Dick Peace Out!"

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
OH MY GOD! Rec Room is AMAZING! The Vive is incredible. My wife, a buddy, and I messed around all afternoon. I really wish I had this week off. VR is incredible!

Chuck

Still without luck
Does anyone listen to Waypoint radio here? What are your thoughts on it?
It's good. It's just your typical gaming poscast for 1/3 the run time and twice a week. Interesting takes.

Glad they do guest shows very often.

Catvoca

Banned
Does anyone listen to Waypoint radio here? What are your thoughts on it?

Reminds me a lot of Bombin' the AM, for better or worse. At its best you get some great analysis from the crew who are real smart people, at worst you have boring stilted skype conversations with everyone agreeing with one another. I think it might be getting a bit better though, the last few eps I listened to I really enjoyed. I think your enjoyment of it really comes down to how much you like to hear Patrick and Austin's #HotTakes.

Strax

Reminds me a lot of Bombin' the AM, for better or worse. At its best you get some great analysis from the crew who are real smart people, at worst you have boring stilted skype conversations with everyone agreeing with one another. I think it might be getting a bit better though, the last few eps I listened to I really enjoyed. I think your enjoyment of it really comes down to how much you like to hear Patrick and Austin's #HotTakes.

The problem with Bombin' in the AM for me was having only two people. Because I like both Patrick and Alex on podcasts but BITA did nothing for me.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Many of my favorite VR things haven't been featured on a VRodeo or are significantly improved since they did.

Got a rundown of your favorites?

We did Budget Cuts. That was great.
Rec Room is my favorite.
Some of The Lab. My wife is obsessed with the one where you blow stuff up. I loved the look and feel of the space ship one.
I did a little bit of Job Simulator. That seems pretty good.
I have a free zombie game that came with the Vive that I need to check out.
At some point I'll have to spectate a DotA 2 match in VR

Catvoca

Banned
The problem with Bombin' in the AM for me was having only two people. Because I like both Patrick and Alex on podcasts but BITA did nothing for me.

That was a show I listened to when there was a big news story or new game I wanted their thoughts on, and I think Waypoint Radio will end up being the same deal for me. It is a much better show than Bombin' the AM though.

justjim89

I sent in a real banger of an email asking them to rank seasonal chores from best to worst. If it doesn't get read, I'll double dip and send it to the Beastcast.

For the record, my ranking from best to worst is

1. Mowing the lawn
2. Raking leaves
3. Trimming tres
4. Weed-whacking
5. Cleaning gutters
6. Shoveling snow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom