• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

CCS

Banned
Benefit of the forum format is you can respond to posts from the previous night, and leave questions for people who aren't currently present.

I can appreciate that might not perfectly fit your playstyle, but there are better options available than hiding behind the timezone excuse.

True. I think I've actually done all the responding I wanted to, but questions below:

Vere - I think I trust you more than most others. Top reads?

Crab - Any actual reads or just random shouting?

Anyone who's more familiar with Blarg than me - Town!Blarg or Scum!Blarg?

Squidyj - You seem to have been fairly quiet, thoughts so far?

acohrs

I'm referring to the above. You had already caught flak from Sorian for your joke response to Blarg's form as it wasn't consistent with your posts before hand. Then when pressed about reads you just act indifferent before finally spitting out one of the few posts with actual content you've made this game.

So my joke responses have to be consistent with my actual reads otherwise that's a scumtell? News to me, hangings too good then.

*Splinter

I've been meaning to comment on Fran/Faddy for ages. This is going to have to be from memory though:

Fran has been accused of "vote policing", by Faddy, Sorian, and I think others. I don't like this accusation. I saw him questioning/scrutinizing votes, holding people to account for their votes/unvotes, but... that seems like a good thing? I don't understand where this becomes a scummy behaviour, is there some nuance I'm missing between his questioning and the usual vote examination?

Faddy... is harder to summarize, my opinion of him has flipped a few times throughout the day. In his defense the initial argument from Fran was fairly weak (I don't think there's a huge difference between a joke vote and a prod vote), and he has picked up some very easy bandwagon-y votes (WAMD sticks out as the worst offender for this, maybe Bronx too although I accept his initial vote was reasonable).

On the other hand, he's had some poor arguments himself, and his general reading comprehension / understanding of the game has not been to the standard I expected from him (disclaimer: comparing to his comments in a spec thread). There is a defense from him about "setting a baseline" for reactions to compare with later. I don't mind this explanation itself, but as far as I remember he said this quite shortly after Kawl said exactly the same thing? Felt like he was just hopping on someone else's reasoning to justify his own behaviour, and I do find that suspect. I'll have to read back* to check I'm getting this right.

*I just realised that neither Sawneeks nor Ty4on are in this game... Who will do my homework now? :(

Also quick shout out to Faddy flatly refusing to answer a question earlier (from Bronx, I believe). A few people have done that this game and it's the worst. Squidy, acohrs and swamped come to mind (although the latter two did eventually answer their questions I think). If I can muster the energy to trawl this thread again I'll name and shame.

giphy.gif

MvBDIrZ.gif

*Splinter

That's bollocks man, in a game where posting anything at all in public view is available to be interpreted, examined, and discussed, not posting at all is akin to picking up the football and refusing to play. You are basically acting as follows, you've picked up the football and said I won't play until everyone plays the way I want them to play (for the yanks soccer ball).

Going back on my Faddy read. Realised it was hypocritical of me to think that bronx was town and then accuse Faddy on similar logic.[1] Faddy is putting himself out there and taking flak on D1 when some times making the wrong joke has gotten others lynched, pretty brave to do so.

I think scum are coasting right now, there's some easy lynch targets right now for town, and so, scum doesn't need to influence the discussion.[2] That's why looking at inactives is so important. Amongst the inactive group, I will include anyone that has come in and said wow so much shitposts, going away until good posts. That's just a smokescreen.
1 - this sounds like you're more concerned about appearing inconsistent than actually considering their alignments. If I scumread Sorian for inactivity and then nullread LP for the same thing, is that inconsistent?

2 - how do you know none of those "easy" targets are scum?

CCS

Banned
1 - this sounds like you're more concerned about appearing inconsistent than actually considering their alignments. If I scumread Sorian for inactivity and then nullread LP for the same thing, is that inconsistent?

On your second point, I don't think it matters too much. I don't think a scum team would expect me, or acohrs, or Blarg to survive until the end of the game. If potentially sacrificing one shitposter now is enough to put all town's focus on that group, that's still a pretty good result for scum I'd say.

It is quite odd how Blargonaut isn't acting like Blarg this game. Haven't read to much of the thread due to studies, Horizon, and friends but I'll go back and check through things.

Any one else noticing something sticking out in blargs posts beyond the normal insane ramblings?

Remembering that this is a Gafia game. Don't know if it's too lucid for him but would fit with his love of slipping in meaning amongst the shit he throws at the wall.

I see something but it might be different from what you're noticing.

Is it something in my teeth

*Splinter

Kawl/Kalor/Stan, regarding the thing you noticed about Blarg: are you saying you think you know his role name or something more interesting?

Burbeting

Banned
A lot of this post is great and I would just take it at face value as a well done post but this point seems out of place. Like you wanted to comment and didn't have anything else to point out. She's done a whole lot of nothing this game and quoting a smart ass remark and trying to make something out of it sounds off. My real take away is Burb suddenly looks really town, great, but if he is scum, this was a weird comment to make for no reason.

She has been whole lot of nothing, but honestly, so has been so many other other players, that this is more or less the only post post from her that really stood out.

franconp

Faddy is putting himself out there and taking flak on D1 when some times making the wrong joke has gotten others lynched, pretty brave to do so.

Faddy was put out there. Before several of us began pressuring him his only post where joke post. He made a weird vote, didn't wanted to answer questions at first and have to participate more under pressure.

I'm just going to say it, I really don't understand the hate for the interactions between me and acohrs this game. So far we have one joke town read of him by me at the start, and one short exchange about rugby in posts that also had game discussion so they weren't just 100% shitposts. Frankly, it reads like either:

-People seeing us talking to each other and assuming that we must just be shitposting the whole time
-People who are bandwagoning onto a popular hate train, or
-People who decided pregame they don't like us

Call us out on our contribution as individuals by all means, but anyone calling us out for our interactions as a pair seem suspicious to me.

My main concern was when Acohrs made a list (a joke one but the only list he made at that point and the one who made Sorian scum read him) where he put you as townie with nothing to back it up except your usual relationship. After being pressured a little he started putting you as null.

In his defense the initial argument from Fran was fairly weak (I don't think there's a huge difference between a joke vote and a prod vote)

To me with a prod vote you expect to gain something from the other player. You want to make them participate more, answer some questions or give some insight. A joke vote is nothing. That vote lead to an Archie discussion. You expect to gain nothing out of it. So if anyone try to pass a joke as he looking for some insight succesfully it seems weird of me.

On your second point, I don't think it matters too much. I don't think a scum team would expect me, or acohrs, or Blarg to survive until the end of the game. If potentially sacrificing one shitposter now is enough to put all town's focus on that group, that's still a pretty good result for scum I'd say.

Are you thinking that we would lynch any of you or that you would get NK? Because I don't think scum will kill any of you at this point.

Speaking about Blarg: I have only played with Blarg very little and in that game (Overwatch) he almost didn't posted. Can I expect something more interesting from Blarg later in the game? Because I find myself just skipping his post right now.

Also It's a good time to cast a vote:

VOTE: Faddy

I still think he may be scum. His vote reminded my of Style's vote in Persona. He refused to answer questions and then he tried to establish inactive lynch as a policy.

I don't know if I will be able to be around at day's end as I have some errands to do around the same time. Will try to look at the game during the day but it depends how busy I'm at work.

CCS

Banned
Responding to Fran (don't want to unnecessarily quote the whole post):

I anticipate most of the "shitposters" getting lynched, either early on if people get fed up, or late on because the remaining town don't trust them.

acohrs

Firstly I worry about inconsistency because if I'm inconsistent and I can't follow it myself then what hope do others have, best to get my own house in order then.

Secondly, if they were scum, they're making a mistake as bad as I did in Zelda mafia. None of the players here are as inexperienced as I was then so I doubt they would do something like that.

Burbeting

Banned

Why did you instantly answer to a question that was solely aimed at Acohrs?

We should talk, Burbeting

How has your [Mafia] career been since Love Boat ended

Anything you want to say to the old fans?

I hope that all of my old fans sign up to my Season 8 game. Maybe I should make an infomercial about it.

CCS

Banned
Why did you instantly answer to a question that was solely aimed at Acohrs?

I hope that all of my old fans sign up to my Season 8 game. Maybe I should make an infomercial about it.

Because I was on a train that was stuck outside my station and I had fuck all else to do.

CCS

Banned
Wait no, wrong post. That one was because I was checking the thread whilst waiting for coffee and it happened to be just after that comment was posted.

franconp

Wait no, wrong post. That one was because I was checking the thread whilst waiting for coffee and it happened to be just after that comment was posted.

That doesn't answer the question. Burb's question was for acohrs, so why did you answered?

CCS

Banned
That doesn't answer the question. Burb's question was for acohrs, so why did you answered?

Why can't I answer with my thinking? There's no rule that questions can only be answered by the person they're addressed to, and I wanted to add my take on it.

I hope I haven't offended you into not enjoying the game, *Splinter.

Other players tell me directly that they're going to ignore me until 'x' all the time, so I didn't think the "ignore you" comment was taboo in these games

I suppose I took it too far with the "rest of the game" bit, so, again, sorry

*snip*

I think I know someone who could help you with that

franconp

Why can't I answer with my thinking? There's no rule that questions can only be answered by the person they're addressed to, and I wanted to add my take on it.

Ok. And that was a valid answer to the question. Saying you where just browsing at the same time it only seems that you are dodging the question.

I'd like to ask WhereAreMahDragonz; what do you think about my hit #1 debut pop single "SCUM LAUDE!"?

Personally, I think it transcends genre, and generations

This game is quite a mess, isn't it? Could someone kindly list out what the current D1 points of contention are? It's free Townie points, thanks in advance

I set up your return perfectly, nin

All you gotta do is make that contention list for me and you'll look Town as fuck

No one will ever doubt you ever

nin1000

Banned
I set up your return perfectly, nin

All you gotta do is make that contention list for me and you'll look Town as fuck

No one will ever doubt you ever

which connection are you talking about ?

Your connection to the scum team ? Blargonaut = Scum ; Blargonaut =/ Town

or

Your connection to the Town team ? Blargonaut = Town ; Blargonaut =/ Scum

Chose wisely​

I've been meaning to comment on Fran/Faddy for ages. This is going to have to be from memory though:

Fran has been accused of "vote policing", by Faddy, Sorian, and I think others. I don't like this accusation. I saw him questioning/scrutinizing votes, holding people to account for their votes/unvotes, but... that seems like a good thing? I don't understand where this becomes a scummy behaviour, is there some nuance I'm missing between his questioning and the usual vote examination?

Faddy... is harder to summarize, my opinion of him has flipped a few times throughout the day. In his defense the initial argument from Fran was fairly weak (I don't think there's a huge difference between a joke vote and a prod vote), and he has picked up some very easy bandwagon-y votes (WAMD sticks out as the worst offender for this, maybe Bronx too although I accept his initial vote was reasonable).

On the other hand, he's had some poor arguments himself, and his general reading comprehension / understanding of the game has not been to the standard I expected from him (disclaimer: comparing to his comments in a spec thread). There is a defense from him about "setting a baseline" for reactions to compare with later. I don't mind this explanation itself, but as far as I remember he said this quite shortly after Kawl said exactly the same thing? Felt like he was just hopping on someone else's reasoning to justify his own behaviour, and I do find that suspect. I'll have to read back* to check I'm getting this right.

*I just realised that neither Sawneeks nor Ty4on are in this game... Who will do my homework now? :(

Also quick shout out to Faddy flatly refusing to answer a question earlier (from Bronx, I believe). A few people have done that this game and it's the worst. Squidy, acohrs and swamped come to mind (although the latter two did eventually answer their questions I think). If I can muster the energy to trawl this thread again I'll name and shame.

I haven't voted for Faddy. I have been giving him shit because I don't like his behavior and I want to see if, under pressure, he'd actually justify his responses. Desperate townies try to appeal to the masses by appeasing the majority, and I feel he hasn't done that. On the other hand, I can also see his determination as town behavior, so I dunno. Yeah he's fishy to me but I don't think it's enough to warrant a vote at this point. He's still my top pick, but I'm not sold enough to lynch. If that makes sense.

Swamped

Banned
Swamped, what do you think about Crab's stance on this game

It really doesn't tell me anything about him alignment-wise. His stance of telling people to be more active could be scum trying to look helpful. And actually looking back at his posts more closely, I'm now leaning scum laude on him. All his posts are just berating players, which makes me think he wants to appear town with his 'frustrated' attitude. He hasn't even tried looking at votes or other players. Also, I think his vote on Bronx was very lazy.

I haven't voted for Faddy. I have been giving him shit because I don't like his behavior and I want to see if, under pressure, he'd actually justify his responses. Desperate townies try to appeal to the masses by appeasing the majority, and I feel he hasn't done that. On the other hand, I can also see his determination as town behavior, so I dunno. Yeah he's fishy to me but I don't think it's enough to warrant a vote at this point. He's still my top pick, but I'm not sold enough to lynch. If that makes sense.

Hmmm so far Dragonz hasn't voted all day. What are you scared of? We all make mistakes. This post is kind of wishy-washy to me, and I'm leaning scum because of it.

VOTE: Crab

acohrs

In what way? Try to be concise please.

Catching Faddy out for his reluctance to explain his vote and then making him explain, it just doesn't seem that revealing or that scummy in hindsight. Faddy has played mafia before, so I doubt he would make such an obvious error of being reluctant to explain his vote and being so aggressive if it was all meant to disguise the fact that he was scum. Yes, I was leaning to him being scum too, but on second thought, just because he was caught out doesn't mean he's scum.

Kawl_USC

Kawl/Kalor/Stan, regarding the thing you noticed about Blarg: are you saying you think you know his role name or something more interesting?
Not which gafia user he is, but something along those lines. I can just share what I think here since I think most people have had time to form their own opinions.

Also, not answering a question can be a valid thing to do. In the past I've thrown out a vote with no explanation and refused to comment on it for a while. It can be useful for parsing reactions, but that requires a later explanation and what info was acquired. I was viewing faddys early vote and refusal as something along those veins and it has resulted in the most meaty topic of the day to be fair. I still don't scum read him and again like his approach to the game more than most others here it seems.

Vote: Bronx Man

At this point it's time to start making moves and forming some actual vote leaders so people have to make a stand. I think people are correct in that scum right now are perfectly happy with only 2 or 3 votes on a particular person and letting things continue on to days end.

Bronx you fail to understand the difference in your aggression which is almost 100% reactive and proactive aggression. Your behavior has given me enough bad vibes to be fine seeing you go today. Even if not scum, I'd rather remove the constant hostility towards anyone who has the audacity to question you.

Top Bottom