• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X PS4 stealth release after German rating in March

L.O.R.D

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/860271898709688321

C_BMpvDUQAIdS_w.jpg

i mean,wow,really didn't expect they will stealth release it like that.

UPDATE: IT'S THE PS2 VERSION

But has it received the Resident Evil 0 treatment? I have the game digitally on Xbox 360, would be nice to have a remastered version with better assets.

Anung

Un Rama
Day one.

I've only managed to beat this once back in the day so I'll actually try get past nosferatu.

Is this getting a disc release?

Jawmuncher

Guess it's just a simple port. Rather odd they wouldn't announce it with Revelations

Day one.

I've only managed to beat this once back in the day so I'll actually try get past nosferatu.

Is this getting a disc release?

Doesn't seem like it, if it's coming out next week.
Hell it's seeming like this might only be PS4 and then the other systems later.

I Know what Code Veronica is, I've beaten the game twice before...yet for some reason my brain thought you were talking about RE: Outbreak. Damn :(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I was thinking the port might be a bit more, but it's just a straight port it seems.

I still will hope they bring it to PC at some point if they're not planning to do anything else with it.

I was thinking the port might be a bit more, but it's just a straight port it seems.

I still will hope they bring it to PC at some point if they're not planning to do anything else with it.
If the last resident evil games are anything to go by then this is guaranteed to arrive on PC at the same time.

Jawmuncher

Seems like it might just be a simple digital rerelease again. I can't imagine they ignore Xbox. Would be rather odd after that system getting all of the others.

If the last resident evil games are anything to go by then this is guaranteed to arrive on PC at the same time.

Will be curious to see if that happens. Very odd that that it's supposedly next week and they haven't said anything.
Almost has me curious if it is a PS2 on PS4 classic, but that would be rather pointless.

Peff

Could it be a PS2 Classics? It'd be really dumb since they actually upgraded CV for the PS360 port, but it'd explain the stealth release, the lack of retail release, the apparent PS4 exclusivity and it's also Capcom, so who knows.

Could it be a PS2 Classics? It'd be really dumb since they actually upgraded CV for the PS360 port, but it'd explain the stealth release, the lack of retail release, the apparent PS4 exclusivity and it's also Capcom, so who knows.

That would actually make sense.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

You would think so, but there's been zero word on this one so they really are going stealth release. Code Veronica is one of the last big RE games to be ported to PC, though.

Seems like it might just be a simple digital rerelease again. I can't imagine they ignore Xbox. Would be rather odd after that system getting all of the others.

Will be curious to see if that happens. Very odd that that it's supposedly next week and they haven't said anything.

It's an odd situation all around for a number of reasons, I was hoping for a bit more but I'm fine with a PS3 port, but hope it does come to PC still. I also no joke earlier today had finally scheduled to upload my Code Veronica X (PS2 emulated) run on my YT channel, so the timing is a bit funny for me as I was thinking about this port earlier today when scheduling stuff.

It almost sounds liek this might be a PS2 classic rather than a port of the PS3/360 version, though.

Jawmuncher

This is my bet unless they come out and say something else. I can't see any other reason for Code Veronica being a PS4 exclusive, and that logo is missing the Now in HD part

Resident-Evil-Code-Veronica-X_XBLA.jpg

Jawmuncher

If this is a PS2 classics release, I can't understand the reasoning outside being able to make a new trophy list. Seems like it's a waste of resources over just porting the PS3/360 version to PS4/X1/PC. Especially after the sales of REmake, RE0, and all of the other ports.

Daingurse

Neat, I really like Code Veronica. I'd pick it up if I didn't already have the Dreamcast version to play. That game looks really good on a CRT.

Jawmuncher

Also if this is a PS2 to PS4 classic situation. The 360 version will probably hit Backwards Compatibility next week on Xbox One. Might be why they opted for a cheaper route.

IrishNinja

damn, one of the very few RE's i never finished....really can't see triple dipping on this one unless it's on a disc with 2 HD or 4 or something one day though

It sadly appears to be the case.

:(

Yeah, I figured. I guess they could do one later down the line like with 1 and 0, but surely they'd want to bundle it with something...

...Yeah, actually, that explains everything. Guess they already did one!

Highly likely given almost no marketing and one of the most stupidest moves they could make when there's a clearly superior code already available.

That said, if they indeed port the PS360 code later, the only way we'd get a physical CVX re-release is through JPN exclusive distribution channels, with limited production of units, CVX+4/5/6 bundle or the entire canon (minus 2 & 3) on the disc.

Demoskinos

With revelations coming out later this year all we need are PS4 versions of 2 and 3 and the whole franchise will be on PS4. :D

kc44135

Wow, if this is just a PS2 Classic, that's pretty disappointing. On a side note, how is PS2 emulation on PS4? Is it any better than the PS1/2 emulation on PS3? Also, can you record screenshots, video etc. using the share button?

With revelations coming out later this year all we need are PS4 versions of 2 and 3 and the whole franchise will be on PS4. :D

Well, they might stealth release PSOne classics anytime, but we're getting R2make for current gen platforms which they'll keep re-releasing for the next 2-3 generations, and most probably a R3make as well.

MT Framework yet lives.

CVX runs on the Veronica engine, a precursor to MT Framework.

ethomaz

Banned
Wow, if this is just a PS2 Classic, that's pretty disappointing. On a side note, how is PS2 emulation on PS4? Is it any better than the PS1/2 emulation on PS3? Also, can you record screenshots, video etc. using the share button?
It is probably the best PS2 emulator in any platform.

- High resolution 3D render (2D is upscalled)
- 60fps
- High AF

Top Bottom