• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 2 developer Ruffian Games working on Crackdown 3 multiplayer

Shiggy

Officially, Microsoft has only been saying that Sumo Digital, Reagent, and Cloudgine are working on the game. Sumo is handling the campaign, whereas Reagent and Cloudgine are doing the multiplayer.

Who is working on the game - We (Sumo) have been involved with the game from the start and we're principally handling the Campaign side of the game. It's a group effort though with Reagent and Cloudgine who are principally handling the competitive multiplayer. Some elements are shared, some are unique based on the gameplay needs.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=240288453#post240288453

But a few LinkedIn profiles reveal that there's another company involved: Crackdown 2 developer Ruffian Games is seemingly also working on the multiplayer part of the game, which is not shown at E3. To what extent remains to be seen.

screenshot2017-06-12a4lun7.png

I hope this game turns out to be all it's hyped up to be. Too many hands in the cookie jar, than again it's perfectly normal in the industry for several development teams to work on a single game. See Destiny 2 and the Ass Creed games for example.

I hope this game turns out to be all it's hyped up to be. Too many hands in the cookie jar, than again it's perfectly normal in the industry for several development teams to work on a single game. See Destiny 2 and the Ass Creed games for example.

A couple of Call of Duties had two companies working on MP and SP. This is nothing new.

Why is MS' messaging behind this game so gobsmackingly confusing? I could almost understand if it was a new IP, but they've already made two on older hardware, and multiplayer modes being made by multiple different developers isn't a new thing for the industry.

Why the secrecy?

mnannola

Why is MS' messaging behind this game so gobsmackingly confusing? I could almost understand if it was a new IP, but they've already made two on older hardware, and multiplayer modes being made by multiple different developers isn't a new thing for the industry.

Why the secrecy?

Probably because it's a fucking mess.

Theorry

Why the secrecy?

There isnt. People just like to be confused as always. :D

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
They had a job offering for Crackdown on a next gen platform six years ago. They are not currently working on Crackdown 3. I don't think Ruffian does anything but contract work these days.

Shiggy

They had a job offering for Crackdown on a next gen platform six years ago. They are not currently working on Crackdown 3. I don't think Ruffian does anything but contract work these days.

How do you know they aren't working on CD3 multiplayer anymore? And where did you see that they were hiring for a next-gem CD? I don't think that's true as they weren't working on CD3 when it got announced, as this tweet shows.

Top Bottom