• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Sessions doesn't recall testifying before Senate Intelligence Committee June 13

Man, she was going for blood. It's a really good question though. Her question about why he can't cite the exact policy while he knew it was his answer to majority of the questions. It's a damn damn good question.
Yup. He was just buying time and acting indignant when interrupted.

Vectorman

Banned
You can say someone's cute. It doesn't mean your statement isn't inappropriate and skeevy.
If people are viewing my statement as that, I'm sorry I did that in the first place. Didn't think I came across that way but I suppose people here feel differently about that.

This whole Committee hearing was fascinating in the context of watching an Attorney General try to come up with reasons and excuses for trying to protect Trump. Isn't this the same man who maybe offered Trump his resignation recently because Trump was shit talking about him? Just so odd that he feels obligated to the man's secrets if he feels that there is nothing to be worried about but yet can't say anything to help Trump. Just continues to show that this White House blows and Sessions needs to go as well.

Tovarisc

Sen. Durbin statement on Sessions: “It is hard to see how he can continue to serve.”
DCO6i0aVoAA0XNj.jpg

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/874747915008344064

Schumer: Sessions refused to answer questions “without offering a scintilla of a legal justification for doing so”
DCO7JvpUwAAIgDC.jpg

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/874748537707409408

GTI Guy

~Kinggi~

Banned
Listened to this at work. Aside from Sessions being a racist dickbag i actually dont think he was directly involved in compromising meetings with Russians, beyond the optics maybe of having a meeting that obviously doesnt look good now after the election hacking. However i do think he knows something bad and is covering for someone, probably Trump. He really reeked of selective memory and bending the rules to avoid having to lie outright in defense of Trump or others. He acted slimy but for some reason i felt he was confident and straight on certain angles of him being accused. Oh and yeah obviously i think one of his main fuckups is he is clearly spinning how firing Comey went down.

Listened to this at work. Aside from Sessions being a racist dickbag i actually dont think he was directly involved in compromising meetings with Russians, beyond the optics maybe of having a meeting that obviously doesnt look good now after the election hacking. However i do think he knows something bad and is covering for someone, probably Trump. He really reeked of selective memory and bending the rules to avoid having to lie outright in defense of Trump or others. He acted slimy but for some reason i felt he was confident and straight on certain angles of him being accused. Oh and yeah obviously i think one of his main fuckups is he is clearly spinning how firing Comey went down.

Watch his face, he's a lying sack of shit and you can see him smirk every time he told a lie.

hitgirl

Dude, I sort of got this impression too. It's strange that I'm leaving watching this with a question about what actually is going on.

He had to come. No would have been seen as an admission of guilt. That and it gave Trump and his cronies a way to make themselves look good. Just see Sen. Cotton for more details.

III-V

disgusting.

Sessions and Rosenstein get away with no answers but not by citing national security or executive privilege, but instead, impropriety....

there is no fucking impropriety clause

Belker

I'm watching Seinfeld. The discussion is about if a wife sneezes, can the husband hold the 'god bless you' in reserve in case she sneezes again.

Made me think of Sessions' executive privilege comment.

HaL64

His anger about being accused and denial very much reminded me of Clinton's testimony in which he perjured himself. https://youtu.be/VBe_guezGGc?t=16

I totally believed him back then.

pdog128

Eh, I don't feel like they accomplished much. Really I think it was a missed opportunity.

I don't think he was actively working with the Russians. The better strategy would have been to hammer him on Comey's firing. Why was he so effusive back in October, then fire him with no paper trail leading up to it? Did he receive complaints on Comey's management of the FBI? When and how often did he and Rosenstein discuss firing Comey? What did Trump have to say about firing Comey? If his endorsement of Rosenstein's memo was his main basis for firing Comey, how does he feel now that Trump has pointed to the Russia investigation (no less than 3 times) as a main reason for firing him? Why was he able to quote the sub-paragraph of DOJ policy for recusal, but didn't know the policy for not answering questions? Did he not review that with DOJ lawyers? Did he not think it would come up?

I know some of these questions were asked, and he didn't answer, but they should have kept asking. Harris was on the right track.

Fake edit: Tom Cotton makes me embarrassed to be an Arkansan. Sorry, everyone.

His executive privilege bullshit is infuriating. He can't withhold information just in case the president wants to invoke executive privilege.

KingV

I love that he remembered in detail talking to Kislyak about Ukraine, and nothing else from the conversation.

That might be the biggest takeaway. Like he attempted to make it less suspicious but in context it actually looks more suspicious. So like, he didn't talk about ANY national security issues? Then what DID he talk about?

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Comey and Sessions testimonies benefited GOP:

• The Russian collusion narrative is gone.
  • The Comey obstruction of justice narrative is gone
  • Comey confirmed major news publications release false stories, vindicating 'Fake News' narrative

Maybe this can change if any actual evidence surfaces of Russian collusion but looks like we're passed that.. could be a contiguous 8 year presidency

Got

Banned

• Comey confirmed major news publications release false stories, vindicating 'Fake News' narrative

Maybe this can change if any actual evidence surfaces of Russian collusion but looks like we're passed that.. could be a contiguous 8 year presidency

lol

Surfinn

In what way is the collusion narrative gone? Or obstruction? Mueller is only now even getting started. And he means business

Gutek

Dude on CNN made a really interesting point. Comey laid out a case for obstruction of justice that a lot of prosecutors think is reasonable. Today, CNN dude was looking for how Sessions would poke holes in that case; he didn't. If anything he corroborated quite a bit of Comey's testimony.

Except actual evidence already surfaced before these testimonies.

But you would have known that if you were actually paying attention instead of drive-by shitposting.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I think the sessions leaks we're designed to force him to recuse to pave the path for an assistant AG who would appoint a special prosecutor if Comey was fired.

I don't think he's complicit in anything but being racist and being played by Trump to help him fire Comey.

Are people actually this confused... are they trolling? Like, how the fuck does someone come to these conclusions?

May we have sources on that?

IF you think the investigation that only just started ends when the narrative is gone, you are very wrong.

Top Bottom