• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT12| Hour of Devastation - Hour of Jace getting dunked on

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It's closer to what the card actually does than two people yelling at each other or making head-beamies at each other, tho.
Still looks like it belongs on plague wind more. Zombies restraining people would have made more sense for opposition art.

hermit7

All these good edh masterpieces and the only one that I want to see is Pox.

Would be thematic and there isn't a foil of it. Make it so!

Santiako

For every 3 standard prize packs, I could instead get a MM17 pack. Do I get the MM17 pack?

For sure. Standard packs are basically worthless.

Now shatterstorm:

X5FuiGD.png

Ashodin

OH I forgot to say I won Standard Showdown with Robots.

Pack was: Mirrorwing Dragon, Call the Gatewatch, Full Art Forest, Foil Mindwrack Demon.

c8NpaAw.gif

Here's a refresher if you missed it.

fuck that's a sick shatterstorm, I'd play it in Modern.

traveler

Not Wario
5-0 with jeskai in the modern gp thus far. Deck feels good.

Gaby cannot stop staring at LSV.

I didn't buy into the stupid shipping stuff at all, but I was, uh, pretty taken aback at some of their friendlier moments offstage. Maybe I'm just not around people wgo physically show affection that much to friends.

Fewer apocalyptic events coming
Clarifying how the Gatewatch cards will be handled
combatdonut asked: I'd just like to say that I love apocalyptic sets in magic like Hour of Devastation and Eldritch Moon, and I hope we get more of them in the future.

Games about combat tend to have a lot of destruction in them. We are trying to mix things up though so don’t expect most worlds to be devastated.

==

theaedircollision asked: Hey there Mark. I just want to say I'm really excited for Hour of Devastation but I'm let down that we aren't getting Planeswalker decks for both of the Hour Planeswalkers. I was excited to get more Planeswalker decks for walkers that are new or we haven't seen often. This just feels like the Gatewatch taking up more space I want for new/returning characters, especially since now the Planeswalker decks won't always line up with the set like they have so far.

Planeswalker packs are first and foremost for new players. We want to introduce them to the main characters of the game.

When I talked about our changeover in choosing what planeswalkers get cards, we’re leaning towards not Gatewatch for the normal sets and towards Gatewatch for the planeswalker packs.

Gatewatch will occasionally show up as planeswalker cards in the sets when they’re the major focus of the story and non-Gatewatch will occasionally be seen on Planeswalker packs, but each has its default leaning.

red13th

Good luck Traveler!

Gatewatch on crappy beginners PW Decks and actual cool planeswalkers in sets is a great compromise IMO.

Santiako

I didn't buy into the stupid shipping stuff at all, but I was, uh, pretty taken aback at some of their friendlier moments offstage. Maybe I'm just not around people wgo physically show affection that much to friends.

Good luck, go all the way!

Let's keep the real person shipping out of the thread, please.

Hero

Yeah I thought people were just drumming up crap online but watching/seeing the commentary today, I gotta say, there's a lot of intensity between them.

This guy playing affinity is atrocious.

Hard to believe how badly he punted that game.

Do we have a Green invocation yet

Seriously, aside from Desert Twister what else does monogreen have that fits the "destroy everything violently" theme? Hurricane? Destroy all enchantments?

But they can still print stuff like Decimate and Pernicious Deed.

Standard being such a Tarfire that it's not even firing is hillarious.

Like, why would anyone want to play this?
Yeah, I mean... come play this Standard format we have already admitted is total garbage, good pitch.
^^

On a related note, with MDN coming/The combined numbers of Legacy/Modern at GP Van, I have to wonder if Wizards is going to eventually reach the point where alternating years isn't good enough for product releases(I don't see how Modern can continue to grow decently if it's not a supplemental every year). It will be interesting to see how it unfolds, especially since I'm imagining that the oft Proposed "Eternal"(IE Legacy but no reserve list) has some straight up issues.

I mean, it should be interesting to see how the format develops at the least

noquarter

Standard being such a Tarfire that it's not even firing is hillarious.

Like, why would anyone want to play this?

^^

On a related note, with MDN coming/The combined numbers of Legacy/Modern at GP Van, I have to wonder if Wizards is going to eventually reach the point where alternating years isn't good enough for product releases(I don't see how Modern can continue to grow decently if it's not a supplemental every year). It will be interesting to see how it unfolds, especially since I'm imagining that the oft Proposed "Eternal"(IE Legacy but no reserve list) has some straight up issues.

I mean, it should be interesting to see how the format develops at the least
Well, they are doing three sets in a year and a half period. Plus they can reprint Modern stuff in Eternal, which would get those to more people and might draw a few more to Legacy.

Honestly, I'm getting a little worn out on the Masters stuff. I've got most of what they can print and the sets are really expensive to draft so for me only good for one or two a year. With so few cards over $50, would think most decks are pretty viable to anyone and that just alternating would be decent. If the cards all get too cheap, a premium price doesn't make nearly as much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom