• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Mush

BJZIh.png

Teams and Drivers

pn8sZ.png

Championship Calendar

lRSJb.png

Points System

LydQY.png

Final Teams Standings

4GC7U.png

Note: Due to a number of teams being equal on points, they were ranked on the number of their highest race finishing positions.

Your Season 1 Teams winner is... 2K Runners!

Final Drivers Standings

z7Idr.png

Your Season 1 Drivers Standings winner is... seattle6418!

Congrats to all!

Race Summary's

Round One - Suzuka Circuit
Round Two - Laguna Seca
Round Three - Grand Valley Speedway
Round Four - Special Stage Route 5
Round Five - Tokyo R246
Round Six - Fuji Speedway
Round Seven - Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Round Eight - Nurburgring 24h

Rules

You can find a complete list of rules and regulations, here.

GodofWine

The Time given is a time zone...right (at least its my time zone US EST)?? Is there an actual time yet...I want in, but my god my life is hectic.

Or...someone explain to me how to read GMT-5 as an actual time of day :lol

Edit - would love to drive the Castrol Toms Supra, nostalgia baby..showing my age.

Also..if there is a lack of interest / GAF doesn't let new people into the forum soon, I have a buddy in RL who is on GAF waiting list who has this and would probably play.

Juicy Bob

I'd love to join in but I would have to miss rounds 4 and 5 at the very least, so if anyone wants to buddy-up and run those rounds for us?

Can I request the #8 ARTA NSX?

Mush

viakado said:
i'd like to register for team 2k.
whats the max allowed for competition?
we have around 9 on our team.
As per rules, only 2 drivers are allowed to compete for each car/team, and up to two driver changes are allowed before point deductions take place. If there are others like you who already have large pre-existing teams, I might change the rules.
Leunam said:
I'll probably be in for Nissan, but I need to see if I can even buy those cars yet.
All GT500 Super GT cars unlock from lvl. 19 and are all $950,000 a pop. The GT300 class cars, which we are not using for this series anyway, are $500,000 and all unlock at lvl. 13, just for future reference. ;)

Mush

Oh yeah, for those confused about time zones (which includes me :lol), this should show you when I'm planning to hold the race-weekends.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...month=12&year=2010&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=264
mil6es said:
not much people have that kinda dough to spend on a SuperGT yet
True, but the actual series doesn't start until the new year, which should give everyone time to rake enough credits for their car. This thread is just so we can get some numbers and so everyone knows what car they're saving up for.

Mush said:
As per rules, only 2 drivers are allowed to compete for each car/team, and up to two driver changes are allowed before point deductions take place. If there are others like you who already have large pre-existing teams, I might change the rules.
it would make more sense to have more than 2 players per team.
everyone has different schedules. if one can't make it to a race, another in that same team will fill the space. and how each team will determine the two that will race...as for our team, we are thinking of doing preliminary time trials to determine the two that will race in that event. top two gets to go in the main event.
does gt league setttings even allow for multiple players per team?
and is there a set limit on how many teams in super GT?
edit: 16teams max?

Mush

viakado said:
edit: 16teams max?
There are only 16 Super GT cars, so with 2 drivers per team, that makes out to 32 drivers all up. Your team could always compete across multiple cars. Just reserve their asses and they're yours.

Konosuke said:
Sure. I see you have good taste on cars too. :D

Cool, I took the liberty of registering us as a team (Team GT-R Nismo), Lol. You can find my PSN ID in my profile details! I won't be around till tuesday evening though.

KBox

In regards to B-spec, I just started it, and I created my first driver. As soon as I select Sunday cup it says I need more drivers. I'm a level 13 in A-Spec. Any thought on how to fix?

*Sorry wrong thread.

Juicy Bob

MidnightRider said:
I need to test drive all of the cars listed before I pick my car but I am in this no matter what.

Anyone need a partner? :D

I would say me, but I'm still bitter about the World Cup.

Juicy Bob said:
I would say me, but I'm still bitter about the World Cup.

Haha so my AV makes you sick inside doesnt it? Rob Green's life turned to shit about 10 seconds after that ball was kicked. and then to have Dempsey score on him again the first time they see each other since the world cup must have been even worse for his self esteem.

(I'm a West Ham fan so it was pretty bittersweet seeing it)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not bad, but I'm not going to muck up your driving wheel (I'm sure) party with my controller ass. I'm a terribad racer anyway. :lol

Irish

Hm, this is interesting, but I'm not sure what the times are and if I'll be able to be on then...

EDIT: nvm. 4:00 pm... still a little too early for my tastes. I might be able to do it.

Dead Man

I would like to, but the odds of me being awake at 0730 on a Sunday are slim to none! :lol Hope you get enough players though, sounds like fun.

Mush

Dead Man said:
I would like to, but the odds of me being awake at 0730 on a Sunday are slim to none! :lol Hope you get enough players though, sounds like fun.
I'm sorry man, but we Oceanians need to conform to the wider world. :(

EL Beefo

Juicy Bob said:
I'd love to join in but I would have to miss rounds 4 and 5 at the very least, so if anyone wants to buddy-up and run those rounds for us?

Can I request the #8 ARTA NSX?

If you don't have a partner yet I'll join you, otherwise I call the Takata NSX.

Mush

ghostofsparta said:
I want to do it, but i'm not THAT good and I am not sure if i'll be able to attend all of the races.

Is this okay?
Sure. Buddy up with another Gaffer and you'll be fine. :D

EL Beefo

Juicy Bob said:
I don't have a team mate yet, so I'd be more than happy to share it with you.

Alright, TEAM ARTA GO! My psn id is the same as here, but I won't be able to get back on until this Wednesday.

Mush

weekend_warrior said:
Put me down for the ARTA NSX!
Taken ;) You might like to reserve the Takata or the Epson NSX instead?

rinse82 said:
I'm in, Sunday mornings should be no prob.
No problem, just pick your car and (preferably) find a partner to drive with you.

Mush

The following drivers still need partners for their selected cars. You want to drive with them? Get in contact.

TheAzRim - GT-R Calsonic Impul Super GT, '08
GodofWine - Supra Castrol Tom's JGTC, '97
l2ounD - SC430 Bandai Direzza Super GT, '06
ghostofsparta - SC430 Eneos Super GT, '08
rinse82 - SC430 Denso Dunlop Sard Super GT, '08
Angst - Fairlady Z Xanavi Nismo Super GT, '06

This fine Gentlemen has expressed interest but have yet to sign up and reserve a car:

MidnightRider

Speaking of cars, the following cars are still available for reservation:

Top Bottom