• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Network will remain available after XBLIG is shut down

FyreWulff

Short version: Rock Band Network was a system where anyone could license songs and then release them for Rock Band 2 and 3 via the Xbox Live Indie Games program/framework, using Harmonix's own in-house tools.

Since it used XBLIG on the 360, it was assumed we would lose all 2000+ RBN songs when XBLIG was announced to be shutting down in later 2017.

As of today, RBN has gotten a stay of execution.

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/comment/5388161/#Comment_5388161

Hey everyone,

Good news on this side, RBN songs are staying up for purchase! With the news that XBLIG content would be pulled in late September, concerns sprouted around purchasing Rock Band Network songs (which were user-submitted through the Xbox Live Indie Games portion of Xbox 360) for use in Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3. We're here to say there is no concern, as the content will remain up for purchase past this month. We don't have a hard date on if or when they will come down, but we'll be sure to update as details reach us.

Storm360

Great news

RBN I feel was a super underrated service, I feel like I might put something together about it some time, based upon how crazy the idea of the service was to start with, also the hidden treasures that lie within the store that everyone overlooked.

While you had the metal stuff, and the stuff that everyone knew such as Blue (Da Ba Dee), Higher, Paralyzer, Bed Intruder Song, Ultimate Showdown and BRODYQUEST

Some off the top of my head are all of the Jonathan Coulton, RainbowDragonEyes, Starlight Speedway, Psychostick and Dance Gavin Dance songs, also worth noting are Great Balls of Fire (Not exactly unknown, but overlooked as it came out towards the end), and the entire Ziltoid album (A concept album written around the Rock Band gameplay)

Also, last but not least, the entirety of the Pac-Man Fever album is available

Msyjsm

the hidden treasures that lie within the store that everyone overlooked.

A couple more hidden gems that I've found:

Anamanaguchi's "Airbrushed"
Scale the Summit's "The Great Plains" (my introduction to this band, and one that I greatly appreciate finding)

Top Bottom