• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT13| Ixalan - Port to Sideboard

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Jace isn't any good. Not that you'd know, nobody is playing with new cards. They're just running out decks they saw on SCG that are basically not rotating. It's pretty boring, tbh.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess if it was a slow enough opposing deck I would play Jace in SIMIC FISH AGGRO

Lands (24)

4 Botanical Sanctum
4 Hashep Oasis
4 Unclaimed Territory
6 Island
6 Forest

Enchantment (4)

4 Shapers' Sanctuary

Creatures (32)

4 Kumena's Speaker
4 Merfolk Branchwalker
4 Metallic Mimic
4 River Sneak
4 Vineshaper Mystic
4 Tishana's Wayfinder
4 Herald of Secret Streams
4 Verdurous Gearhulk

//

Sideboard

2 Jace, Cunning Castaway
3 Aethersphere Harvester
2 Negate
3 Spell Pierce
2 Unsummon
1 Lifecrafter's Bestiary
2 Dissenter's Deliverance

Ashodin

EXWU3cz.gif

Vampire Tokens latest iteration. Removed Dusk and added Never // Return

Still tweaking numbers

I need to get into the MTGO beta and test

I was looking at Heartless Pillage. Discard seems strong in the format, there's Duress, this, the Discard loselife enchantment, and more.

With Anointed I would be generating 2 mana every time I used that card. There's something there, I think.

Odd question, but my wife and I are cleaning our house and she found a bunch of her old Magic cards. They're all in pretty good condition, and I was wondering if it was frowned upon to offer the lot of them for sale in this thread. She made a list of all the cards so I can provide that too.

Joe Molotov

Odd question, but my wife and I are cleaning our house and she found a bunch of her old Magic cards. They're all in pretty good condition, and I was wondering if it was frowned upon to offer the lot of them for sale in this thread. She made a list of all the cards so I can provide that too.

$1 shipped

Is there anything like Titi or Dragonmaster Outcast available right now. I'm looking for something that can be dropped for cheap but completely takes over the game in the lategame.

I'm struggling right now with having to go shields down with my Control deck to drop a wincondition. That's where Outcast shined the most, you could play it and still counter the opponent's Scarab God,
Liliana, etc.

This might be totally crazy but I could just put 3 approaches into my sideboard I'm already splashing white.
is tireless tracker played anywhere outside of standard? i wanted to grab one for my lands edh deck after the price dropped.
Yes sparingly in both modern and legacy. Much more in modern of course.

Yeef

These reviews aren't gonna be done in time for the NZ prerelease, are they?
Usually he does 1 color each day, then does gold, artifacts and lands later in the day on the 5th day. There's an over/under on the green and later stuff being done (especially if you're doing midnight), but everything else should be up.

Crocodile

There are some cool cards that were presented to Wizards employees to celebrate the Planeswalker Decks, D&D and Duel Masters.

1d4+1 = 5 Starting Loyalty?

The first two cards are actually playable. I guess the third too if the loyalty on the last planeswalker is a real number.

These reviews aren't gonna be done in time for the NZ prerelease, are they?

If it makes you feel better his last few set reviews have been somewhere between "correct but trivially obvious" and "dangerously bad" on one or more colors, anyway.

Like, the nicest thing I can really say is that at least he realized Glorybringer is a 4.0. (It's not, it's a 5.0, but at least he didn't try to play it off as a 3.0 or less like he did the entire rest of Red in Amonkhet.)

There are some cool cards that were presented to Wizards employees to celebrate the Planeswalker Decks, D&D and Duel Masters.

Those are AMAZING. I'm especially nostalgic for the Dungeon Master. Do any of you remember the old DnD Saturday morning cartoon?

1D4+1 means (I assume) that when he comes into play, roll a four sided die, then add one. That would be his starting loyalty. A maximum of 5 and a minimum of 2.

Bonethug

Played some God-Pharoah's Gift tonight:
Land (24)
2 Aether Hub
4 Glacial Fortress
4 Irrigated Farmland
4 Island
4 Plains
4 Ipnu Rivulet
2 Hostile Desert

Creatures (22)
4 Minister of Inquiries
4 Daring Saboteur
4 Champion of Wits
3 Fairgrounds Warden
1 Trophy Mage
4 Angel of Invention
2 Bishop of Rebirth

Spells(14)
1 Search for Azcanta
4 Chart a Course
3 Refurbish
4 Gate to the Afterlife
2 God-Pharaoh's Gift

Sideboard
2 Spell Pierce
2 Sunscourge Champion
2 Padeem, Consul of Innovation
2 Negate
3 Cast Out
2 Multiform Wonder
2 Cataclysmic Gearhulk

Bishop of Rebirth + Fairgrounds Warden is cute. 3 Refurbish is probably 1 too many.
Not sold on Daring Saboteur or Chart a Course. Multiform Wonder needs to be something else.

Finally went up against the Mono Red menace. Evil red dino that prevents life gain is a pain.

Those cards are awesome

blindrocket I assume that is what it is

a47.jpg

That's him!

absolutely, it was a huge success here and is still fondly remembered by everyone who's 30 something like me.
Oh, that is cool to hear.

And just quoting myself to bring the discussion to this post:
1D4+1 means (I assume) that when he comes into play, roll a four sided die, then add one. That would be his starting loyalty. A maximum of 5 and a minimum of 2.
This is actually pretty flavorful because he was a fickle little guy that they couldn't always count on to be there! He'd just come and go as he pleased.

Whats the consensus on replacing Falkenrath and Village Messenger in Ramunap Red? I'm thinking Soul Scar Mage, Fire Shrine Keeper & Rigging Runner are the obvious potential replacements. What would be the best option do you think?

Whats the consensus on replacing Falkenrath and Village Messenger in Ramunap Red? I'm thinking Soul Scar Mage, Fire Shrine Keeper & Rigging Runner are the obvious potential replacements. What would be the best option do you think?

I wonder if you could run Inventor's Apprentice since you're at 4 of Bomat Courier anyway. You could also obviously go up a Shock/Abrade if you're not at 4 of either.

Wulfric

That Chandra is sweet, too bad the art probably wouldn't ever go on a real card. She looks nice without all the fire effects.

Angry Grimace

The consensus is to just copy whatever everyone else is playing because the deck is 90% the exact same deck with mostly obvious replacements.

Angry Grimace

this sum up competitive constructed as a whole. Well, every competitive game ever, actually

I mean mono red is mostly braindead and not really an interesting topic to me any more than Temur Energy is largely because they're the same decks with very little changed. *shrug*

Angry Grimace

these beta decks are unreal. How do they expect to win against anyhting not UR control when their only piece of removal they have is vraska's contempt? You'd think their sidebaord would be good agains aggro but no it's just a bunch of hand disruption and gontis.

It's like turbo emrakul all over again spinning their wheels for 4 turns then drop a scarab god and pray.

They also do weird shit like playing BUG Aggro with 23 mostly ETB Tapped lands and think they're hot shit when they luck into drawing 4 lands. The mana is nowhere near good enough to expect to win playing 23 lands in three colors. They're not shocklands, people.

Korgill

So in edh; Nira as commander, deck that's 25% ramp and 75% repeatable blink effects, now it's almost impossible to lose?

Justin

The gremlin Chandra is cool. I really like the design of the design of the Gremlins. I hope they become a supported tribe in the future.

Daedardus

Something interesting- Star City is changing it's grading scale
http://www.starcitygames.com/article/35833_Important-Changes-to-Card-Condition-and-Grading.html

Now it's NM, Played, and Heavy Play, as they are combining SP and MP

To be honest, this seems fair. I doubt anyone who is buying Played cards really care whether how much wear they have as long as they are functional and legal in play. Unique cards where the grading is important all have seperate scales anyway.

DrArchon

The gremlin Chandra is cool. I really like the design of the design of the Gremlins. I hope they become a supported tribe in the future.

Part of me was miffed that they weren't Atogs (especially when one of them was an effective reprint of Atog) but visually they grew on me. Problem is a can't see them really showing up outside of artifact heavy sets.

I wouldn't be against a legendary Gremlin lord for EDH though.

bigkrev

$30 for three cards?! I know the market value these things can have, but from a manufacturing point of view this is a straight up cashgrab.

Cost-to-value goes out the window when you are talking about adult collectibles, which is what this is.

I've picked up worse products for more money. Maybe these will gain some kind of value, they're worth the $30 to find out.

SDCC Walkers are STILL in stock (they have been up for over a month now). I wouldn't buy this as an investment.

OnPoint

SDCC Walkers are STILL in stock (they have been up for over a month now). I wouldn't buy this as an investment.

The worst set of SDCC Walkers they ever did that certainly had bigger supply due to high past demand does not equal what might be a one-off style non-Magic property oddity like this.

It's unbelievable how bugged scarab god is on modo proper and the beta.

He returns from exile, doesn't work properly with a bunch of cards and sometimes characteristic defining abilities don't even get overwritten as 4/4s. As a result eternalizing an Ulvenwald Hydra procuded pretty beefy guys.

noquarter

So in edh; Nira as commander, deck that's 25% ramp and 75% repeatable blink effects, now it's almost impossible to lose?
Double strike I'm pretty sure could still get you. Also pretty sure that both poison and commander damage would still result you in losing, since it is only "the next time that you would lose", not "you can't lose this turn"

Still cool, but really just keeps you from losing to lose of life.

Top Bottom