• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.destructoid.com/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-deluxe-edition-brings-dlc-to-ps4-but-not-switch-464793.phtml

I JUST FUCKING BOUGHT THE GAME A FEW WEEKS AGO.

tenor.gif

Dj Convoy

Speaking as a Dragonball fan since, I dunno, sometime in the early 90s...

I don't get where some of you are coming from.

Please don't take this as an attack on your favorite characters or your fandom or anything like that... and I'm certainly not saying criticism isn't valid or anything of the sort.

I'd like to just mildly rant about something I see crop up here (and elsewhere, to be fair) a lot.

It's not worth getting upset if one character's "power level" isn't increased or matched to whomever or anything like that. No one is being slighted. I've seen people here be mad about Goku being overpowered, or talk about how much Jiren sucks (how do you know he sucks? We haven't really seen him yet!) or blah, blah, blah. I know it's lame when your favorite character isn't depicted as being as mighty as, say, Goku or some new guy... but that's just kind of an inherent flaw to the series.

The actual power level thing (where there was a number value affixed) was probably a bad idea. I think the work bears this out itself, as Toriyama himself dropped the power level stuff fairly quickly. A certain subset of fans seem to cling to this, tho'. "If Goku's power was X, then he could never defeat such and such who's power is Y!" There's not a whole lot of logic as to who is more powerful in Dragonball as a franchise. If we go down this road too far, we may as well ask "why didn't Goku recruit Arale? With her gag manga powers, she'd beat everyone!" The real answer is that the protagonist is generally going to find a way to win as the story dictates.

Would I like to see, say, Vegeta be the hero for once? Absolutely! Doesn't mean I'm gonna be bent out of shape that Goku gets to go Super Saiyan Shirtless or whatever first. Like it or not, after all this time, Goku is still the main character. Is it dumb that these characters keep getting these power ups in a time of need? Yeah, but I guess that baby went out with the bathwater a long time ago.

The pacing is a bit wonky, but I'm enjoying the Tournament for the most part. I'm confident everyone will get a chance to shine, including Gohan and Vegeta. I thought the Kame sen'nin stuff was really, really good. I can't wait for Frieza to make his move, etc. I just don't really care so much about one character being "more powerful" than another. It doesn't make a lick of difference. I mean, Kuririn knocked people out! Enjoy Dragonball for what it is; don't get mad because it violates your made up head canon or whatever.

Rant over; I hope I didn't come off like a prick. I'm just saying that, of all of the problems to get mad about, power scaling is pretty low on the totem pole.

I'm really going to be fucking pissed if it comes to the west with all DLC on disk.

I don't even know anymore if I should even bother with the Switch version.

HeroR

Fall 2018: Dragon Ball FighterZ for Nintendo Switch.
A month later: Deluxe Edition for the other consoles.

You know it's gonna happen.

EA did the same thing with Mass Effect 3 for the Wii U. Gave the Wii U an enhanced version for $60, only to release the entire trilogy on PS3 and Xbox 360 for $40, before the Wii U version released no less.

Talk about a giant FU.

The special marks the start of the climax so things will only ramp up from there. With
Goku presumably sidelined due to injury, it's time for the rest of the team to step up.

Hmmm, maybe the reason
we've gotten Goku action in almost every episode in the tournament is because he's going to be out of commission until the very end.

J-Rod

My boring prediction is that
everyone just stalls for Goku until he somehow gets his second wind and finishes the job. There may be some rage boosts and power ups from the auxiliary cast created out of desperation, but still a far cry from goku's new level or what's needed. Everyone else catches up later offscreen between arcs until it's time for Goku to get a new power up again.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hmmm, maybe the reason
we've gotten Goku action in almost every episode in the tournament is because he's going to be out of commission until the very end.
Would make sense given they dropped the big Jiren fight so quickly. I'll subscribe to this theory for now.

brinstar

I bought XV2 on Switch cause I wanted it on Switch, so the existence of an updated PS4 release doesn't really bother me either way but.....

They really should've just made the Deluxe version a PS4/Switch release and released them both at the same time if they knew they had this cooking.

Also it's still not the complete game because they have the Super Buu DLC coming don't they?

Who's to say he doesn't already have it?
Which is why it's a dick move that they've HINTED Vegeta getting it, it just feels like they're trolling Vegeta fans making it seem like he's going to get a win or something for himself and then just switching it to Goku last minute

I bought XV2 on Switch cause I wanted it on Switch, so the existence of an updated PS4 release doesn't really bother me either way but.....

They really should've just made the Deluxe version a PS4/Switch release and released them both at the same time if they knew they had this cooking.

Also it's still not the complete game because they have the Super Buu DLC coming don't they?

There's more DLC coming?

Baleoce

My boring prediction is that
everyone just stalls for Goku until he somehow gets his second wind and finishes the job. There may be some rage boosts and power ups from the auxiliary cast created out of desperation, but still a far cry from goku's new level or what's needed. Everyone else catches up later offscreen between arcs until it's time for Goku to get a new power up again.

ad infinitum

brinstar

Yes, one more pack at least with Super Buu (Gohan absorbed), Dabura and Zamasu as a master, among other things that still will be announced, although probably minor stuff.

So does that mean XV2 Super Deluxe Complete Edition will release in 2018? lol

TrueBlue

Honestly, I just love how serious Goku looks in his new form. He's not even wearing a confident smirk - he's not playing around any more.

I think he might make up for some of the criticism laid at him this arc.

zeioIIDX

Lol @ those spoilers for 111:

"Mastery of Self-Movement" just has me imagining Goku acting like Neo does at the end of the first Matrix film.
tumblr_ng16g8FdVV1qk14c9o1_500.gif

Hahaha, that was my first thought and image as well in my mind. I forgot Whis can use this technique although Vegeta managed to put him in a grapple/hold at one point. According to the wiki, if someone is faster than a fighter who uses self-movement, that faster fighter can get around those automatic reflexes.

VariantX

That would mean they could only sell you one DLC insead of 5. They know the switch user base isn't tapped out like they are on the other platforms. Its literally greed.

NZerker12

I guess all those "don't let your guard down" moments Goku had make more sense now. With this Mastery of Self-Movement he will never have to worry about letting down his guard again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom