• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Beta included on Halo Anniversary (Not 100% confirmed)

Red

Sounds like something that would have been announced at E3.

I hope it's true, but I don't know why they'd announce something like this so close to release.

Deadbeat

Banned
Why not put it on an item that has no chance of selling to milk the crap out of it? Thats not to say Crackdown wasnt a bad game, it just would have sold that well on its own.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, I guess I should've guessed this. Sweet! Hope it's true.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
And now Anniversary will sell even more.

Tunavi

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
You'd think they'd know how to make one of these without a beta by now
but...its the most exciting part of the development cycle

and this developer has never made a halo game before

and I'm getting too worked up about your joke

V_Ben

Banned
I want them to include the beta with Kinectimals: NOW WITH BEARS. Just to see how many people they could get to buy that. It'd be a riot.

Hey You

Keyser Soze said:
Its a good marketing tool as well as to test the game. The Reach beta fixed alot of things that Bungie may have not noticed.

It makes sense to bundle it with CEA, Halo fans shouldn't have to buy a game from a different franchise to play a Halo beta IMO.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Keyser Soze said:
That's not the point, I think every multiplayer game should have a beta just to iron out any kinks before ship. The beta isn't because they don't know what they are doing, it is to verify everything is running smoothly before ship/also to test balance.

For clarity's sake, it is more than likely a beta invitation. There won't be a Halo 4 beta on the Anniversary disc at lauch or anything insane like that.

Crunched said:
Sounds like something that would have been announced at E3.

I hope it's true, but I don't know why they'd announce something like this so close to release.
THERE IS A HALOFEST IN AUGUST! YOU KNOW A FEST FOR HALO GEEKS, BEST PLACE TO ANNOUNCE A BETA!

Capslock is a reference to the thread about the HaloFest. :) So don't think I'm yelling, I make fun of myself

The sales of ODST went up in April/May 2010, because of the Reach Beta. And I guess that will happen with Halo:CE:A too.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Wait are we extrapolating a Halo 4 beta just by that Extras option? That could be anything.

Hey You

Dr Eggman said:
Wait are we extrapolating a Halo 4 beta just by that Extras option? That could be anything.
Yeah, could include a link to Launch Halo Waypoint,download the CEA maps to your hard drive etc

Owzers

Deadbeat said:
Why not put it on an item that has no chance of selling to milk the crap out of it? Thats not to say Crackdown wasnt a bad game, it just would have sold that well on its own.

it would require Microsoft to actually have other games. They could put it in...Kinect Sports 2?

-PXG-

Ha. This was on my mind for some reason this morning. Makes sense.

Beta access included with Halo Anniversary. Some kind CG teaser trailer during some sports even in Nov/December. Beta some time in Apr-June. 2-3 weeks long. Beta also avaialbe via MS Experzone, participating retailers (through pre-ordering Halo 4), web site giveaways and stupid Twitter/ FB bullshit. Game ships in Sept or Oct (not November because that belongs to CoD).

Is that about right?

Moofers said:
Not necessarily. I fully expect a new console announcement at next year's E3 with Halo 4 being the launch title. Watch. I'm calling it now.

Rather have the new console be backward compatible.
The abstraction directX delivers should help with it.

fernoca

But wasn't Halo 4 already confirmed for Fall/Holiday 2012 and for Xbox 360? Why some are now thinking is for the "new Xbox"?. I remember the trailer even having the 360-logo at the end.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
fernoca said:
But wasn't Halo 4 already confirmed for Fall 2012 and for Xbox 360? Why some are now thinking is for the "new Xbox"?. I remember the trailer even having the 360-logo at the end.
Some people are delusionally believing Microsoft will announce a new console next E3 and include Halo 4 with the launch titles of the console. That will never happen. Halo 4 is the 360's last bang.

MrBig

ToyMachine228 said:
For clarity's sake, it is more than likely a beta invitation. There won't be a Halo 4 beta on the Anniversary disc at lauch or anything insane like that.
No, it would be like ODST in which the extra's menu turned into a link to download the open beta when it went up on live.

In any case we'll likely find out at Halofest in a few weeks

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
allan-bh said:
Halo 4 is too big for a lauch title.
OPfae.gif

Dr Eggman said:
Some people are delusionally believing Microsoft will announce a new console next E3 and include Halo 4 with the launch titles of the console. That will never happen. Halo 4 is the 360's last bang.
Delusional is correct, especially with the current sales of the 360, MS is in a position to do nothing and still gain market so why launch in 2012? As a reaction to WiiU? Doesn't make sense.

GhaleonEB

I expected this to be announced at HaloFest the moment CEA was announced. I'll be shocked if it's not. ODST set the mold, and CEA is following it closely, including the approach of bundling in DLC for the previous Halo game as a value-add.

Top Bottom