• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven Season 2 interest/signup thread

Fifty

http://sefskillz.com/gaf-we9/

gaflge.jpg

6 weeks of 2 2 game sets = 24 games

Settings
Regular Season
- 15-Minute Games
- No PKs, No OT (Game Should End After 90 Minutes)
- Everything else on default (random condition, random weather, etc.).

Going Online
- Official GA Lobby is 5 (Backup is Lobby 6)- Meet there by default. If needed b/c Lobby is crowded, password is “gasoccer.”
- If you are the “Home” team (schedule is “Away vs. Home”) you host (create) that game, although this is not a requirement, just something meant to make things easier (if you are Away LOOK for the game, if you are Home, CREATE the game), but it becomes more important in the two-legged playoffs (see below).
-You should try to use a GA-identifiable name, hopefully just your GA name or some recognizable modification (“hukaGAF, AstroLad” are just some examples). WE lets you create three different names under your account, so hopefully you can just do that if you currently have an unrecognizable name.

Submitting Stats
Important STAT REPORTING UPDATE
We are no longer recording Assists since you can't see them online.
- Familiarize yourself with the post-game stats screen before playing so you can find all the stats you are required to report.
- Submission is easy, you can do it either from your Team Page (there will also soon be a "Teams" page listing all the teams) or the Schedule Page by clicking on “Submit Score.” Familiarize yourself with the submission page before playing ANY games, PM or post if you have any questions.
- At the end of the game the WINNER should write down all necessary stats for BOTH teams. In the event of a TIE, the AWAY team on the schedule (remember, “AWAY vs. HOME”) should report the game, regardless of who was actually the Away team in the game
o Required Stats:
 Individual
• Goal Scorers (write down names)
• Players w/ Yellow Cards (names)
• Players w/ Red Cards (names)
• Goalies w/ Clean Sheets (or shutouts in American parlance) (names)
 Team
• Total Shots
• Shots on Target
• Possession %
- Remember to use R1 to scroll through the stats pages and find out who got cards and who scored.
- The game gives you 600 seconds (10 mins.) before booting you after the game is done, so do whatever is easiest- writing then submitting or submitting straight from the game screen, but BE SURE YOU ARE ACCURATE. It is probably better to jot down the stats in case there is an error in submission or your time runs out.

1. Miguel - FC Barca
2. Garrickk - Chelsea
3. Beatbox - AC Milan
4. Shinobi - Arsenal
5. Huka - Bayern Munich
6. Kpop - Inter Milan
7. Hayami - Juventus
8. Larry Bird - Manchester United
9. Fifty - Liverpool
10. Socreges - Real Madrid
11. Osorio - AZ
12. jalvarezv - Lyon

Fifty

It'll be 3 most likely. What I could do, if people like the idea, is schedule a 2 game series between two opponents every week, as well as one singular matchup with someone else. That would make the games go by faster, and it might be fun having a second chance against someone you just lost to.

garrickk

I'm in.

Also, I have a good friend who wants to play but doesn't have an activated GAF account yet (he signup more than a month ago. Let me know if Juan could play. We could share an account or he could use IM/email.

Fifty said:
It'll be 3 most likely. What I could do, if people like the idea, is schedule a 2 game series between two opponents every week, as well as one singular matchup with someone else. That would make the games go by faster, and it might be fun having a second chance against someone you just lost to.
This is a good idea. I also liked the idea of not allowing any of the teams that were previously selected in the first season. All the teams would be closer together in skill level. There are a lot of mid-level teams. Of course, I had the 19th pick last round so I might be jaded.

I'm in.
Fifty said:
I agree with this.

Fifty

garrickk said:
I'm in.

Also, I have a good friend who wants to play but doesn't have an activated GAF account yet (he signup more than a month ago. Let me know if Juan could play. We could share an account or he could use IM/email.

This is a good idea. I also liked the idea of not allowing any of the teams that were previously selected in the first season. All the teams would be closer together in skill level. There are a lot of mid-level teams. Of course, I had the 19th pick last round so I might be jaded.

I'm going to allow teams that were in last year, but I think I'll cap this at 12 members, so even the worst team is very good. He is free to join, but he needs to have an AIM account or some steady way of being reached.

Also.....so that we can start in a timely manner, if everyone involved can PM me a top 12 list of teams, I'd really appreciate it. That way we can start almost as soon as it fills, and there will be no waiting around for people to make their picks.

Socreges

Banned
Sign me up

Can I post a thread in the Gaming Forum, linking here? Do we want to keep this new league small and intimate?

I dont know if I personally want many people joining, since the more that are in, the worse my team is. ;)

I'm going to pm Shinobi since I know he, for one, was interested.

Fifty

Socreges said:
Sign me up

Can I post a thread in the Gaming Forum, linking here? Do we want to keep this new league small and intimate?

I dont know if I personally want many people joining, since the more that are in, the worse my team is. ;)

I'm going to pm Shinobi since I know he, for one, was interested.

No, I don't want to post the link there. Any real fans will find their way here. I'm not going to search for people to join, only to find out that these people need constant prodding to play their games.

Ah, I would love to play this with you guys, but I'm not going to be around enough to make it work. Hopefully we can still meet up for a few friendly matches.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Mrjellybeanct said:
Ah, I would love to play this with you guys, but I'm not going to be around enough to make it work. Hopefully we can still meet up for a few friendly matches.

I only have about 5 of the guys from last season on my friends list (I reset my name a few times) so feel free to add me - BEATBOX on there.

Socreges

Banned
So we've got 10 as is.... plus Osorio and Shinobi. kpop said in the other thread that he will join, and we haven't heard from Diagoro (very reliable, I pm'ed him just now).

So, 14 people. Sound good, Fifty?

Fifty

Sure that'd be fine I guess. I want people to post here before I put their names down though. No one has sent me a me a list of their top 12 teams, so I guess I'll just have to do it the slow way of waiting for everyone to make their pick one by one. That process will most likely start tomorrow.

shoplifter

I'm going to bow out, I've had some real life shit come up and I don't know if I'll be able to devote time to a second league. Rather do this that hold shit up.

Fifty

3 divisions of 4 works out the best. We have our 12 now. If anyone else wants in, they can be added to a waiting list. This way if anyone flakes or has to quit for reasons unforseen, it won't ruin the league. I still need to talk to sefskillz about resetting the league stats page, but for now I think we can get going with the team selection.

Here's how we can do it......Miguel will obviously pick first, but if, for example, Garrickk looks at this thread and sees that he's up next, he can PM me his top 2 picks, and thus he will be done with it. Any person can PM me a list of teams, assuming they've named enough (12th person with a list of 12, 10th person with a list of 10, etc) I don't want this simple process taking days

Fifty

Ok beatbox, you're up......But Huka, Kpop...basically everyone who hasn't picked yet. If you're reading this, send me a list of your top X picks, where X is the number of teams remaining before you get to choose. It's very simple to do, and it saves us all a great deal of time. If we get stuck at a certain person for a ridiculous amount of time (haven't decided what that will be, hopefully it doesn't happen) I will be forced to pick for them

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Cool - give me a few minutes to decide but I'm here and will edit this.

I'll take AC Milan.

Fifty

What a shock ;p The #1 rated team going third is a bit of a surprise actually. Not that I can argue with the 1st or second choices.
1. Miguel - FC Barca
2. Garrickk - Chelsea
3. Beatbox - AC Milan
4. Shinobi - Arsenal
5. Huka - Bayern Munich
6. Kpop - Inter Milan
7. Hayami -
8. Larry Bird -
9. Fifty -
10. Socreges
11. Osorio
12. jalvarezv

Fifty

Ok Kpop, you're up. Knowing your crazy living-in-japan hours, I hope this doesn't delay us too long, but oh well. Everyone who reads this should still send in their lists.

Fifty

Great....we're moving along quite well. In fact, once Hayami picks, we'll have everyone done.

I'm going to shoot for having the league up and running by friday afternoon. That'll mean people can play their games starting friday evening. I'll be reposting the rules for the new guys, and finalizing details.

Instead of having 3 games against 3 different people each 'week'. There will be 3 games against two different people. I hope this works, but the plan is to have one home and home series against one person, and one single matchup against another.
OR we could have a 4 game "week" with two sets of two games.
Either way
It'll be easier to organize your games this way, and it could result in some fun rivalries.

garrickk

Fifty said:
Great....we're moving along quite well. In fact, once Hayami picks, we'll have everyone done.

I'm going to shoot for having the league up and running by friday afternoon. That'll mean people can play their games starting friday evening. I'll be reposting the rules for the new guys, and finalizing details.

Instead of having 3 games against 3 different people each 'week'. There will be 3 games against two different people. I hope this works, but the plan is to have one home and home series against one person, and one single matchup against another.
OR we could have a 4 game "week" with two sets of two games.
Either way
It'll be easier to organize your games this way, and it could result in some fun rivalries.
I'm in favor of the 4 games against 2 opponents each week.

Fifty

Damn...All the very top teams seem to have been taken. (LB just took Man U via his list)

It's my pick now....I'll think about it for an hour or so, and then everyone will have their teams.

About week one....I'm counting on the ever-helpful Sefskillz to clear the Season 1 stats, so we could have a clean slate to work with. Once he does that, we'll be ready to go.....I'm going to post a schedule by early tomorrow afternoon, and assuming he's done the reset, we'll be able to start.

There will be a loose (the only loose deadline is week 1) deadline of next Wednesday to complete your games. Sadly, I'm unable to get online until monday, so whoever I face will have to play early next week.

The first week (and unless I recieve many complaints, every one) will consist of a 4 game schedule.....2 games each (home and home) vs two different opponents. Even though I'm calling it a home and home, since there's no real home-field advantage, you don't have to go to the lobby and have the other person host if you agree not to. It's up to you.

Everyone I've heard from has said that since we're playing two different people already (compared to 3 different people a week from season 1) We might as well fit an extra game in. I don't think it will be an issue. It'll be 30 mins more a week, but you will save a considerable effort of time/stress/whatever by only having to set up (assuming you can play games back to bacK) two matchups.

That's all for now. Any questions or comments can of course be posted here. The teams will be posted at the top of the thread. Divisions will be done tonight, and as I said, schedules up tomorrow with (hopefully) the ability to start playing that night.

Fifty

Much as I don't want you to yet again get a highly-rated team, I can't use the same damn team again. So yeah, Real is yours. Since I'm the commish, I get to take a while to make my decision, and since it doesn't conflict with anyone's first choices, I'll be thinking about it for a while.

new additions

Lucky-ass Socreges - Real Madrid
Osorio - AZ Alkmaar (I actually don't know anything about this team..call me ignorant!)
jalvarezv (who still needs his GAF account approved I think) - Lyon

Since everyone is locked in stone now, I guess I can debate my teams in public view. I'm thinking of either Liverpool (Astrolad used to always beat me with them, and it's hard to argue with their roster) or Valencia (damn good attacking team) I think it's down to those two..no clear third option has appeared.

I wish this game had roster updates, like basically every north american sports title. If they did, Crouch would have much higher ratings (as would a ton of guys), Fowler would be on the Reds.and they'd be a no brainer choice.

Socreges

Banned
:D

Real Madrid was my ninth choice, so I don't know if I'm all that lucky. Liverpool was my tenth and I would have been quite content with them.

But yea, Real ain't nothing to sneeze at. ;)

Osorio, I'm curious as to why you picked that team. Ballsy!

Fifty said:
I'm thinking of either Liverpool (Astrolad used to always beat me with them, and it's hard to argue with their roster) or Valencia (damn good attacking team) I think it's down to those two..no clear third option has appeared.

I wish this game had roster updates, like basically every north american sports title. If they did, Crouch would have much higher ratings (as would a ton of guys), Fowler would be on the Reds.and they'd be a no brainer choice.

Id have to recommend Liv considering I took 'em to the semi-finals of the last league. ;) If you do use them be sure to change the formation a bit to something more attacking, the default is way too conservative. Valencia is good too though, very quick on counters.

Crouch actually surprised me despite his underrated stats, I didnt use him at all at first but he eventually became my most important player next to Gerrard. His height can control long balls into the danger area and his balance allows him to muscle around some of the smaller defenders.

Osorio

Socreges said:
Osorio, I'm curious as to why you picked that team. Ballsy!

1) I like the feel of the team. I play with them pretty often.
2) I wanted to be the lone representative of the Eredivisie again.
3) As Fifty knows, I like underdog teams.

Fifty

http://sefskillz.com/gaf-we9/

http://sefskillz.com/gaf-we9/schedule.php

If you're new to the league, you can simply click on the standings, click on your team, to see your list of games. People should be able to input stats anytime now. You have until wednesday to play these games. Normally the weeks won't be this long most likely, but since it's week one I'll cut people some slack. Let me know if anyone's a problem getting in contact with (I'm assuming you'll try PMing them before this). Let the games begin.

Top Bottom