• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

PBalfredo

Why not? I'm all for extending the lore of the show. Besides, we already know Blueblood is Celestia's nephew, so having more alicorns is not too surprising. I just wonder if Cadence is a goddess-pony too and what her portfolio would be.

Orcastar

Why not? I'm all for extending the lore of the show. Besides, we already know Blueblood is Celestia's nephew, so having more alicorns is not too surprising. I just wonder if Cadence is a goddess-pony too and what her portfolio would be.
Blueblood is Celestia great-great-great-great-great-great...-nephew though.

I don't like the idea of introducing new alicorns either. Then again this makes me think that the alicorn filly seen in Twilight's nightmare in Lesson Zero wasn't an accident. Maybe they'll make a distinction between "normal" alicorns and the goddesses? We'll see...

Judging from that pic, this week's episode is gonna be another good one.

While this is a good episode and all I do find it stupid that dragons only grow when they are greedy. So if Spike never takes things he'll be a baby forever?

A lot of plot in that picture.

While this is a good episode and all I do find it stupid that dragons only grow when they are greedy. So if Spike never takes things he'll be a baby forever?
I was going to say "maybe he grows unnaturally when he's greedy," but Zecora did say it was in his nature, so it would be natural growth...

OMG Aero

I don't like the sound of this
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/12/shining-armor-confirmed.html

Unless there's time travel involved I'll RAGE.
Am I missing the post that confirms the princess isn't just a unicorn like Blueblood? The fan art just says see Equestria Daily for details but the search and tag system on that site is so awful I can't find the other post.
Blueblood is Celestia great-great-great-great-great-great...-nephew though.

I don't like the idea of introducing new alicorns either. Then again this makes me think that the alicorn filly seen in Twilight's nightmare in Lesson Zero wasn't an accident. Maybe they'll make a distinction between "normal" alicorns and the goddesses? We'll see...

Judging from that pic, this week's episode is gonna be another good one.
Blueblood alone is proof that Celesta and Luna have other family members somewhere out there. The show has given no reason to believe that the Celestia and Luna are the last two alicorns.
Speaking of which, I can't help but feel like DrForester when I say that there being another alicorn in the show which then led to the destruction of Egophiliac's and other similar Celesta and Luna fanon would be pretty funny.

Also Fun fact: Alicorn is apparently the material that a unicorn's horn is made out of and not what a winged unicorn is called at all!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
hmm.

dirt pony/pegasus unicorn/unicorn dirtpony/pegasus.

episode is about how unicorns broker a peace treaty between the master race and the dirt ponies

Orcastar

Am I missing the post that confirms the princess isn't just a unicorn like Blueblood? The fan art just says see Equestria Daily for details but the search and tag system on that site is so awful I can't find the other post.
There was a post on EqD a few weeks back about some Hasbro even/press conference/whatever where they had a cardboard stand depicting both Shining Armor and Cadence. No, I can't find it right now, maybe it was in one of the nightly roundup posts. Anyway, she had both a horn and wings in that pic, while Shining Armor was a unicorn or an earth pony, I forget which.

Also Fun fact: Alicorn is apparently the material that a unicorn's horn is made out of and not what a winged unicorn is called at all!
I believe this was discussed in the thread before. Yes, alicorn refers to the substance that unicorn horns are made of, but the fandom has adopted the word as a way of referring to winged unicorns. From what I've seen, it's used so widely in the fandom that there's no point in trying to fight it.

OMG Aero

There was a post on EqD a few weeks back about some Hasbro even/press conference/whatever where they had a cardboard stand depicting both Shining Armor and Cadence. No, I can't find it right now, maybe it was in one of the nightly roundup posts. Anyway, she had both a horn and wings in that pic, while Shining Armor was a unicorn or an earth pony, I forget which.

I found the photos if anyone else missed them like I did.
http://imgur.com/9STKR
http://imgur.com/hs6xX

Seems like an episode inspired by Prince William's wedding going by Shining Armor's clothes.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/12/pony-card-creator-more-hearth-warming.html

WINTER PONIES!

2.PNG

Pony flies down the street wearing that hat, you know she's not afraid of anything.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Rewatching last weeks ep before the new one.

Rarity: "Inspired by Spikes generosity, I'm going to make all of you except Spike new capes!"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*clap clap clap* Awesome episode.
World building is always good to see, and with continuity too.
My only complaint:
Where do Celestia and Luna come into play? They were on the flag at the end.
Then again, this is a play and may not be entirely accurate. Especially with kids in the audience.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Think my expectations were too high. Expected multiple songs, and being a pony history episode, SOME Celestia. What's pony Christmas without Celestia? :(

Still enjoyable, just not top tier.

McNum

Fan artists work fast...

Fun episode, I didn't expect all the episode to be the play, but it was interesting to see some world building. Plus, we got some Applejack and Pinkie interaction. That's actually pretty rare. They work great off each other. Also, "Hearth's Warming Eve"? Well, there was a burning heart, and it did keep the ponies warm over the night, so it might actually be a literal name for the celebration.

By the way, if ponies hating each other causes winter... Then I've got to see the festival that turns autumn into winter. The annual "Let out your frustrations to summon the Wendigos" day? That'd be fun to watch.

Well, the episode was awesome.
Sounded more like the Equestrian hymn than a christmas carol.

I hope fan artist create the real queen ponies of the old Equestria (and their helpers). I would like to see how people do them. Would they adults as celestia and luna?

All these episodes are leading up to an awesome Adventure Time crossover.
It just makes too much sense!

Why? I want to watch one of this days the whole series and want to know what it has in common with this last episodes.

Top Bottom