• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Major Plot Twist (spoiler)

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Did anyone see the game over screen for Assassin's Creed? I haven't seen this discussed anywhere else, so if this is old, my bad.

As the character's health gets lower the screen starts to receive this cool static interference effect and when the character dies the camera cuts to a first person view and you wake up in a sterile white sci-fi style room where some electronic device is removed from your head. A hot chick leans over you and welcomes you back.

There were words on-screen too, something like "Animus Complete" (Animus is Latin for soul).

It got me thinking, what if this has something to do with the Sands of Time and the main character is actually the Prince. I mean, you never really see his face. Wouldn't that be a cool twist if Assassin's Creed is really Prince of Persia 4?

Amir0x

Banned
heh. Yeah, various game websites discussed this weird aspect of Assassin's Creed. As to the Prince of Persia theory... I think it would be better served just calling it PRINCE OF PERSIA 4 then... but who knows

Amir0x said:
heh. Yeah, various game websites discussed this weird aspect of Assassin's Creed. As to the Prince of Persia theory... I think it would be better served just calling it PRINCE OF PERSIA 4 then... but who knows
sounds awesome.

x-timecop.jpg

teiresias

My Assassin's Creed theory:

It actually has to do with a temporal conspiracy, where people from the future use technology to transmit their souls to the past and take over bodies in the past (like agents in The Matrix) they are doing this to affect history.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
teiresias said:
My Assassin's Creed theory:

It actually has to do with a temporal conspiracy, where people from the future use technology to transmit their souls to the past and take over bodies in the past (like agents in The Matrix) they are doing this to affect history.

Something like that for sure. The big question to me is: will the game have more than one time setting?

android

Theoretical Magician
ugh I hope not. I just want a historically accurate game (or relatively so). No aliens or monsters, no magic or technology, just swords and shields.

<nu>faust

i think ubi will have some da vinci code like consiparicy theory stuff in the game.... the original assasin organization still exists in todays world and you assisinate some president or some other crap in those lines.

Aryuken

Banned
jetjevons said:
Something like that for sure. The big question to me is: will the game have more than one time setting?

Yup. (if the rumours i hear are true...) You play in the past and in the future. Probably you will spend more time in the past, they have built a large open ended city.

argon

"Players, assuming the role of the main character Altair, will have the power to throw their immediate environment into chaos and to shape events during this pivotal moment in history."

"Now here's this giant enemy crab"

it still looks awesome

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
That would be so lame.

They are gonna have this kickass new IP and then it just becomes PoP4?

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Aryuken said:
Yup. (if the rumours i hear are true...) You play in the past and in the future. Probably you will spend more time in the past, they have built a large open ended city.

It would be cool to jump between the past and future, seeing the affect your actions/assassinations have on the city.

jett

D-Member
FoneBone said:
It's just a stylistic choice! Right, jett? :lol

pwned. :|

I doubt it has anything to do with PoP, and I'd rather have Ubisoft nothing to do with it anymore. :p

I already said this before, but I think this twist is lame as all hell.

element

When I got to see the demo we started to ask about some of those parts, like the screen interference and the ending screen. Also the very futuristic UI elements.

He said that Ubi already has sequels planned for the Assassins IP that will spawn across different times. He didn't go into much more detail then that.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
as excited as i am for assassin's creed, this virtual reality business is the one thing that gives me pause...it could all turn out a bit mgs2, and imo the crusades setting is strong enough to stand on its own. i'm interested to see what it's all about.

ChunderMan

Living in a one-dimensional world...
Alright...

I have seen multiple threads now about people playing this game (I assume at E3), but I have not seen a single screenshot or actual gameplay video yet. Was it playable on the floor? Not even their official website has this stuff. Does anyone know where you can find any in-game media?

Thanks

element

ChunderMan said:
Alright...

I have seen multiple threads now about people playing this game (I assume at E3), but I have not seen a single screenshot or actual gameplay video yet. Was it playable on the floor? Not even their official website has this stuff. Does anyone know where you can find any in-game media?

Thanks
these are 100% in-game shots.
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_2981_en.html

FoneBone

Where are people getting the Prince of Persia thing, anyway? What does a futuristic setting have to do with PoP?

That said, I agree that this twist thing is unnecessary... at the very least, i'd rather have it be time travel than VR. teiresias' theory sounds pretty plausible.

And as for why they'd let that slip at E3... maybe they want to avoid an MGS2/Halo 2-style backlash when the game ships.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
You know what would be a great twist..

He's hooded THROUGHOUT the game. Then he takes his hood off and you find out it's...

...your mum

It better not be some sort of Matrix-esque surprise where it was just virtual reality all along and you were immersed in a training simulator or even just a video game.

The major plat twist is that at the end of the game, you find out you were really playing on a 360 instead of the PS3.

Just like the Matrix.

yo. that end game screen sounds dope. but i dont think it's prince of persia, not when they have a perfect chance to establish an all-new IP. i put forth something more akin to a philip k dick story, where the crusades never ended and reality is augmented.

Konnjuta

antoniogaud said:
The major plat twist is that at the end of the game, you find out you were really playing on a 360 instead of the PS3.

Just like the Matrix.

After which you realise there's so much more room for improvement in graphics, animations and physics because it was running on inferior hardware. :p

Top Bottom