• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Screenshots | OS Level Captures

I think everyone should view these on a mobile device. They look like shit blown up on a pc. They look like they did when I played it when I look at them on my phone

Had a chance to try one out at my Uni the other day. And yeah, Uncharted is THAT much of a jaggy mess. I'm not one to normally complain about something like that, but for a series that relies so heavily on its visuals it's rather distracting. HOWEVER, that's not to say that everything else is the same. Modnation and LBP both looked fantastic, as did a tennis game I tried out. That screen really is gorgeous when properly used at its native res. The tradeoff is that the system is pretty massive. While a bit thinner than the OG psp (and surprisingly light as well), there's a ton of girth to this thing as a result of the screen. It's really skirting the line of what defines a portable gaming device.

Peterthumpa

Had a chance to try one out at my Uni the other day. And yeah, Uncharted is THAT much of a jaggy mess. I'm not one to normally complain about something like that, but for a series that relies so heavily on its visuals it's rather distracting. HOWEVER, that's not to say that everything else is the same. Modnation and LBP both looked fantastic, as did a tennis game I tried out. That screen really is gorgeous when properly used at its native res. The tradeoff is that the system is pretty massive. While a bit thinner than the OG psp (and surprisingly light as well), there's a ton of girth to this thing as a result of the screen. It's really skirting the line of what defines a portable gaming device.

Did Modnation had AA applied? What about the framerate?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
You really thought it was a jaggy mess? Consider me surprised. It was clear to me that the resolution was lower, but I still thought it looked fantastic and MUCH nicer than any of the shots in this thread would lead you to believe. It basically had the appearance of a 720p game displayed on a 1080p monitor (perhaps even a bit sharper). A strange comparison, but that's how I perceived it.

Raine

The first time I played Uncharted in December, I thought it looked terrible. I then went to play it @ the Vita Social Club a couple of days ago and it looked A LOT better. Granted, I played a different chapter (don't know if that had something to do with it) but there were a lot less jaggies and aliasing.

Some more Gravity Daze shots. I should note before the images too; any area you see in the distance with the weird, cell-shaded kind of outline is reachable. If you can see it, you can get to it.

AlMBL1MCQAAhSAV.jpg:large

AlMBUPMCQAAqK6A.jpg:large

AlMBeOPCAAEl5x5.jpg:large

AlMBm_ICMAAOLt6.jpg:large

AlMB0xmCQAAi-nB.jpg:large

AlMB6wfCIAAJp1i.jpg:large

AlMDGKKCAAACMzo.jpg:large

AlMDK3wCAAELG1Q.jpg:large

AlMDU0xCAAAEIqJ.jpg:large

This above image is the main map screen that displays the primary areas. You can zoom in to where you are for more detailed maps.

AlMDjV5CQAAMJkO.jpg:large

This is the mission screen that displays what story and challenge missions you've completed/are currently doing. On the right side is the column for DLC missions.

AlMDwuiCEAEbM0i.jpg:large

This is the screen where you can upgrade kitten using the gems you've found/earned from side missions.

AlMD8p-CQAEh8Q_.jpg:large

Pause screen. Top middle image is where you are currently in-game.

Peterthumpa

Holy shit, those screens look like the devs actually wrote parts of code just to make the screenshots as ugly as possible.

I mean, the game looks so much better than that on my Vita that it isn't even funny.

Nert

Holy shit, those screens look like the devs actually wrote parts of code just to make the screenshots as ugly as possible.

I mean, the game looks so much better than that on my Vita that it isn't even funny.

I'm glad to see posts like this. Gravity Rush is the only launch window game on my "maybe" list, and these screenshots look awful on my computer.

whitehawk

Banned
Why are so many games not native resolution? It's really disappointing. Such a giant beautiful screen and developers aren't taking advantage of it.

DBT85

Why are so many games not native resolution? It's really disappointing. Such a giant beautiful screen and developers aren't taking advantage of it.

For the same reason that COD and so many other PS360 games don't even run at 720p. They can get more detail and pretty in at lower resolutions. Pretty sells games, resolution does not.

It sucks but it is what it is. Having seen uncharted in the flesh I'm not concerned at all.

iavi

gah GD looks fucking amazing.

It really does. I caught the stream that was going on last night, and everything about it looks/sounds phenomenal--from that nonchalant OST to the the atmosphere that actually survived the transition from concept to game. HYPE.

I really don't want to buy the vita for just one game, but it's getting harder and harder seeing myself not. I need to get over to GS and demo it.

cyborg009

Banned
It really does. I caught the stream that was going on last night, and everything about it looks/sounds phenomenal--from that nonchalant OST to the the atmosphere that actually survived the transition from concept to game. HYPE.

I really don't want to buy the vita for just one game, but it's getting harder and harder seeing myself not. I need to get over to GS and demo it.

this guy Dreadhead541 has some songs
like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ-n05qZA9s

btkadams

nobody seems to be using this thread. i'd appreciate some screens from people playing hot shots! i only have stardust, modnation, and wipeout. stardust is impossible to take a good screenshot of because you need to let go of the analog sticks to press the ps/start buttons.

QdIZS.jpg

h2EKc.jpg

TgJyY.jpg

JN0zJ.jpg

hX6c0.jpg

JN0zJ.jpg

Peterthumpa

nobody seems to be using this thread. i'd appreciate some screens from people playing hot shots! i only have stardust, modnation, and wipeout. stardust is impossible to take a good screenshot of because you need to let go of the analog sticks to press the ps/start buttons.

How's Modnations, technically speaking? Framerate, resolution, AA...?

btkadams

How's Modnations, technically speaking? Framerate, resolution, AA...?

• sub-native res
• terrible framerate

it's weird though. when i ignore the framerate, the effects are great and it looks great. it's like they just tried to push it too hard or something and couldn't get it to run with a high enough framerate. the game controls really well and it has a lot of content, but the framerate is really disappointing. i'd try it in a store before you buy.

Peterthumpa

• sub-native res
• terrible framerate

it's weird though. when i ignore the framerate, the effects are great and it looks great. it's like they just tried to push it too hard or something and couldn't get it to run with a high enough framerate. the game controls really well and it has a lot of content, but the framerate is really disappointing. i'd try it in a store before you buy.

Oh... that's a shame. =(
Strange though, the videos that I see on YouTube right now have no framerate problems whatsoever... are you playing from the game card or bought it from PSN?

btkadams

Oh... that's a shame. =(
Strange though, the videos that I see on YouTube right now have no framerate problems whatsoever... are you playing from the game card or bought it from PSN?

hmmm..i wonder if that makes a difference. i am indeed playing the psn version.

JVIDICAN

PS3 engines quickly ported down to Vita? Once more devs have Vita specific engines made you'll probably see more native res games.
I'm just guessing though. :p

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I better start seeing some FIFA, Rayman, Escape Plan, Stardust, and many of the other games that should be readily available tomorrow.

Stuart444

Does anyone have the demo for Tales of Innocence R (or the full game) and would be willing to take some screenies? (assuming you can of course. Not sure if they have blocked that or not like some of these other games)

LiquidMetal14

MJ The Experience

2012-02-15-1633433z3a4.jpg

2012-02-15-163355b32gi.jpg

All the games I posted are def native res with maybe the exception of Wipeout. That game still looks AMAZING. As so all of these on the actualy Vita's OLED.

LiquidMetal14

I might double dip because of that. Apparently its running at 60fps on Vita too? That sounds wonderful.

60fps no hitches. I can also say that all the games I displayed have no issues visually. No tearing or even any fps issues. Quite impressive in my eyes.

Top Bottom