• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Has a 3rd season been confirmed yet? If not, I'm guessing this would help warrant it.

yes and Meghan McCarthy will be the season 3 story editor.
[writer of Dragonshy, Call of the Cutie, Green Isn't Your Color, Party of One, Lesson Zero, Sweet and Elite and Hearts and Hooves Day.]

At the moment only 13 are confirmed. But I doubt they will keep season 3 at only 13.
He meant Season 2. As I linked, there are rumors Season 2 is actually 28 episodes long. Otherwise, everything you've said is accurate.

I'm not convinced they WON'T leave Season 3 at 13 episodes, though, because that'd bump the show up to 65 episodes total (or 67, is this 28-episode Season 2 rumor thing is true), which, as I'm sure you're aware, is where most cartoons end. Some get renewed for a season or so beyond that, though, so it's not a completely lost cause - but really, with as many people jumping ship as we have, I'd rather they end it on a high note, before they run entirely out of steam.

Orcastar

HOLY CRAP GUYS!

Episode:
Dragon Quest
Air Date: March 17, 2012
Synopsis:
Spike joins the Great Dragon Migration to discover his true identity, but it might not be what he really needs.

First
time travel
and then an episode all about
dragons
?

Ggzqt.jpg

And looking at that episode name, we better see some
slimes.

HOLY CRAP GUYS!

Episode:
Dragon Quest
Air Date: March 17, 2012
Synopsis:
Spike joins the Great Dragon Migration to discover his true identity, but it might not be what he really needs.

First
time travel
and then an episode all about
dragons
?

Ggzqt.jpg

And looking at that episode name, we better see some
slimes.

I find it funny that they avoided episode titles based off movies and such, but then have one like that. Oh the silly mashups that'll ensue...

Still, more creatures, yay!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Seems like RD's chillin' at Twilight's

Also multi-legged pinkie, So she is secretly a cosmic horror

Seems like there were quite a few callbacks. Opening with one to "Baby Cakes", mentions to Fillydelphia and Manehattan from "Swarm of the Century" and "The Cutie Mark Chronicles", the straight-from-Fargo cow from "Applebuck Season", Rainbow's reading the Daring Do series as established in "Read It and Weep"... I'm sure I'm missing some.

Also, Derpy in the snowglobe for some reason.

The credits music was different as well, although naturally you can't hear it ever since TV channels started airing commercials over them.

Tizoc

This Pinkie Pie ep. was as crazy as it should be XD
I look forward to seeing the GIFs and reaction images from this ep.

Darte

This episode just confirmed what I already knew, pinkie episodes are best episodes! It was her infectious character that drew me into the show in the first place so this was not surprising in the least!

blamite

That was a pretty great episode! I was surprised by how well the song was worked in. All the random references to previous episodes were really cool, considering they were completely nonessential to the plot.

I'm not sure why we're spoiler-tagging what happened in this episode. People who're gonna use the Synchtube are just avoiding this topic anyway.

Anyway, to be fair, I don't think "Matilda" had ever shown up in an episode before (and Cranky sure hadn't), so for anyone to ship them would require them to have incredible foresight.

BTW, Nayuki confirmed Season 2 only has 26 episodes, so yeah, ignore that 28-episode rumor.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why are we spoiler-tagging anyway? This never was a case in older episode discussions. Only time we spoiler-tag last week was because it was leaked earlier than usual schedule.

Orcastar

That... that was the best episode in the entire series so far. Amazing stuff...

Might as well stop following the show now, there's no way they can top this.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Fun episode, by far the best Pinkie episode. Little too convenient resolution, but I loved all the continuity nods, and the song was great.

Narag

Fun episode, by far the best Pinkie episode. Little too convenient resolution, but I loved all the continuity nods, and the song was great.

About how I feel. It was nice to see her more as a character in the beginning of the episode rather than just crazy.

Dachande

pinkie is kind of obnoxious.
but i guess its better than being sent to the cornfield.

It's not just that. I realised while watching this ep why she's one of my least favourite ponies - because she's a goddamn idiot. Seriously, she can't take care of kids, she performs insane stunts not even Dash would attempt, and she's oblivious to basic signs of irritation and annoyance and outright ignores someone telling her to go away. I'm surprised she hasn't killed herself in an household accident at this point.

Top Bottom