• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TED Talks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAequal

Banned
Bryan Stevenson: We need to talk about an injustice
http://www.ted.com/talks/bryan_stevenson_we_need_to_talk_about_an_injustice.html
In an engaging and personal talk -- with cameo appearances from his grandmother and Rosa Parks -- human rights lawyer Bryan Stevenson shares some hard truths about America's justice system, starting with a massive imbalance along racial lines: a third of the country's black male population has been incarcerated at some point in their lives. These issues, which are wrapped up in America's unexamined history, are rarely talked about with this level of candor, insight and persuasiveness.
Really good one, do watch.

Spasm

This one blew my fucking mind. Not because he's a particularly engaging speaker, but because it made me think of what else in my life I was absolutely sure of, that could've been doing wrong my whole life.

How to tie your shoes: Terry Moore on TED.com
Terry Moore found out he’d been tying his shoes the wrong way his whole life. In the spirit of TED, he takes the stage to share a better way. (Historical note: This was the very first 3-minute audience talk ever given from the TED stage.). . (Recorded at TED2005, February 2005 in Monterey, California. Duration: 2:59)

...I haven't tied a double-knot since watching this some months ago.

Jintor

I've been using the audio stream as podcasts (so my catcher automatically grabs them for me), but I was watching some talks on Delta since they've been slotted onto the inflight entertainment. Sweet.

Revoh

This one blew my fucking mind. Not because he's a particularly engaging speaker, but because it made me think of what else in my life I was absolutely sure of, that could've been doing wrong my whole life.

Terry Moore found out he’d been tying his shoes the wrong way his whole life. In the spirit of TED, he takes the stage to share a better way. (Historical note: This was the very first 3-minute audience talk ever given from the TED stage.). . (Recorded at TED2005, February 2005 in Monterey, California. Duration: 2:59)

I believe I learned this from a Reddit post about six months ago, it is a great fucking tip.
I remember I used to tie my laces about 6 times a day before, now I only have to tie them in the morning when I'm going off to work and forget about it for the rest of the day.

Stalfos

It seems that I've been tying my shoes the right way all along. The trick is that I've always held the right lace in a loop and brought the left lace around that. He was holding the left lace in a loop and going from there. I'm assuming that this is maybe something that is more of an issue with left handed people? I think it also depends on how you first twist the laces over each other which he seems to ignore completely as if everyone will do it the same direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom