• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamegaz Rumor: New 3DS firmware coming. NiN Update. Can view eShop on other devices.

Thanks to Sammy Samusu.

No idea how accurate this is, or if I'll be banned for posting it, but what the hell, I'm in a good mood!

http://gamegaz.com/201203247322/

* Ability to access Nintendo eShop account from other internet enabled devices including computers and smartphones.

* This system update will allow users to take pictures of QR codes with the 3DS from the other device’s screen to redeem purchased content.

* This update will add the application "Nintendo Network" to the 3DS.

* Ability to update physical Nintendo 3DS Games via Nintendo Shop (DLC feature).

* A "Game Preview" Mode for the Nintendo 3DS system Nintendo Shop.

* Enhances the speed of the handheld.

* Increases the system security with automatic security updates.

* Nintendo Zone will be automatically added to European 3DS owners.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
or if I'll be banned for posting it

I can't think of a time we've ever banned for posting rumors outside of that one guy who was warned eight times to stop posting fake Famitsu news until it was confirmed by better sources, but still did it anyway.

So yeah, feel safe to post rumors without fear of banning.

How is this possible? Just better optimization? Unlock the 2nd core?

You could do this with either OS improvements or upping the clock on the processor.

gamegaz

for all your gamegaz needz

i'm feeling really gazzy.

gamegazzy that is
Your puns. They hurt the soul.
I can't think of a time we've ever banned for posting rumors outside of that one guy who was warned eight times to stop posting fake Famitsu news until it was confirmed by better sources, but still did it anyway.

So yeah, feel safe to post rumors without fear of banning.

Haha, I didn't figure I'd actually be banned, just a bit of levity is all.

Erethian

Could just be talking about OS functions.

Of course a rumour like this could be easily put together just going off of things Iwata has talked about in the past. Like accessing the eShop from smartphones/PCs.

tumblr_lkp51at7Jj1qc8k49.jpg

Unlocking dat enhanced speed.

wsippel

Banned
Mostly in line with some much older rumors, and the new stuff seems at least plausible. I guess the whole stuff ties into nintendonetwork.net.

Erethian

Pretty sure that was sarcasm.

Anyway, the QR code was in the last update, just now I'm guessing it will link to eShop content instead of webpages. DLC thing was also expected. NiN app is only new thing really and even something was expected on that front.

Still annoyed that NoA and NoE are too lazy to actually support the existing eShop QR code functionality, whereas pretty much as soon as the firmware update was released the Japanese eShop page had QR codes for every single title. And not only that, but when NCL does a new Nintendo Direct the page has QR code eShop links to the demos and trailers that were released that day.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Region unlock! Region unlock! Region unlock! Where's my burrito! Where's my burrito! Region unlock! So long dental plan!

Robin64

Still annoyed that NoA and NoE are too lazy to actually support the existing eShop QR code functionality, whereas pretty much as soon as the firmware update was released the Japanese eShop page had QR codes for every single title. And not only that, but when NCL does a new Nintendo Direct the page has QR code eShop links to the demos and trailers that were released that day.

NoE support it a little bit. Often they will put QR codes on their Twitter feed, just.. not for everything.

The Hermit

* Ability to access Nintendo eShop account from other internet enabled devices including computers and smartphones.

well, you wanted to download Mario on iPhone? well, now you can!
Smart move by Nintendo if that happens.

Bullza2o

So I am guessing the Wii U internet shop will also be the eShop? Hopefully the eShop account, Club Nintendo account, and the NiN account can all be linked together or unified.

Region unlock! Region unlock! Region unlock! Where's my burrito! Where's my burrito! Region unlock! So long dental plan!
This would be cool, definitely; even though I don't see it happening.

I hope these rumors are true, that would make a great update! I wonder what the "Game Preview" option would be. I hope they are not just videos and pictures...

iceatcs

Ability to access Nintendo eShop account from other internet enabled devices including computers and smartphones.
Come on, I want to access the store, buy and add queue by from other devices, not just an account.

@MUWANdo

Banned

well, you wanted to download Mario on iPhone? well, now you can!
Smart move by Nintendo if that happens.

No, they already outlined what this means: you'll be able to buy eShop content, access your eShop account, etc from your browser/phone and then sync it to your 3DS later.

Luigiv

Yeah, I assume they're just optimising the OS itself. Right now the "background apps" all take way too long to load, which really kills there usefulness. Optimisations would be great.

Top Bottom