• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Go! Go! Kokopolo 3D - Space Recipe for Disaster confirmed for eShop

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/06/go_go_kokopolo_3d_is_a_space_recipe_for_disaster

Officially titled Go! Go! Kokopolo 3D - Space Recipe for Disaster (an even better subtitle than its predecessor's "Harmonious Forest Revenge") it's a brand new game and not a 3D port of DSiWare outing Go! Go! Kokopolo. There'll be 80 new stages and 10 new boss fights, but the gameplay will stay true to the original's intriguing blend of cats and mazes.

As the story goes, Kokopolo, Tatsumo and Jinbe each chance upon a piece of a magical stone tablet from outer space and set out to uncover the final piece, said to grant the secrets of immortality to its owner.

The multiple playable characters each have their own route through the game, with new stages including deserts, castles, factories and scrap yards, before the story concludes in the depths of the cosmos.

Go! Go! Kokopolo 3D - Space Recipe for Disaster has only just started development but as soon as there are screenshots and new details to share, we'll have them for you.

How about chiming in Keith? :) Looking forward to it! :D

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
*willing to exchange monies for this software.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
The original must have been a success. Congrats Keith, I bought it to support you.
3AQmK.gif
*GAF fist bump*

@MUWANdo

Banned
If you own a 3DS/DSi (and don't live in AUS/NZ) then you really should pick up the DSiWare original--it's among the best games on DSiWare and contains an impressive amount of content.

If you own a 3DS/DSi (and don't live in AUS/NZ) then you really should pick up the DSiWare original--it's among the best games on DSiWare and contains an impressive amount of content.
Even if you live in Aus of NZ you can still get it, just change your region to UK and your set.

And I'm glad this is getting a release, more good quality software on the 3ds eShop is a good thing, I'll be there day 1 for this.

How about chiming in Keith? :) Looking forward to it! :D
A wild KEITH WEBB appears!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

(thanks for the thread Hero!)

The original must have been a success. Congrats Keith, I bought it to support you.
3AQmK.gif
*GAF fist bump*

Yay!!!*GAF fist bump* returned!!! :) :)

i still need to grab the first one... wasn't there something about a gamebreaking bug in that one though? did that ever get fixed?

Yup, that got fixed like about 3 weeks after the game was released...so it's all cool now! :)

I'm trying to think if there is anymore hints or anything I can give, but the development has really only started, so I can't give too much away. But I can confirm, this game is not a port, but an entirely new game filled with brand new content, such as new levels and bosses...and a new storyline...so if you liked the first, you should love this...and if you didn't buy the first (what's wrong with you, lol <- Reggie quote), then you should have no trouble jumping in with this one! :)

I'll try and post some screenshots when I eventually get some ready, and some promo art too, so keep your eyes peeled!!!

wsippel

Banned
Really hope the 3DS entry will get the attention the game deserves.

Might not even be a bad idea to port the first game over once the tech is up and running, then finish the sequel. eShop is a lot less crowded at that moment, getting something out early should help.

Awesome news!! The eShop is building up an amazing indie selection, this makes me happy.

Now if only Nintendo took advantage of this and open the gates for some more developers.

wrowa

I'm pretty surprised by this news. I was under the impression that releasing a game for DSiWare was a terrible experience for skullomania and that sales despite the game's quality have been pretty bad.

Truth101

Banned
I'm pretty surprised by this news. I was under the impression that releasing a game for DSiWare was a terrible experience for skullomania and that sales despite the game's quality have been pretty bad.

It is, and you are right he didn't seem pleased with sales.

I think it will sell much better on the e-shop though.

Sagitario

I was thinking about buying the first game the other day.

Really hope the 3DS entry will get the attention the game deserves.

Might not even be a bad idea to port the first game over once the tech is up and running, then finish the sequel. eShop is a lot less crowded at that moment, getting something out early should help.

I wouldn't mind this. I would rather purchase for 3DSWare than DSiWare.

Is Kokopolo 3D using higher-res sprites? Or will the higher-res just be used to give it a wider view with the same sprites?

Edit: You can buy the original on eShop as a DSiWare download. :p

@MUWANdo

Banned
I still think the best solution would be to include the original levels as an unlockable for anyone who bought the DSiWare version.

I wouldn't mind this. I would rather purchase for 3DSWare than DSiWare.
You can buy it on 3DS now. Right now!

Just be sure to hold Select when you launch it, as to not ruin the pixel work. :)

I still think the best solution would be to include the original levels as an unlockable for anyone who bought the DSiWare version.
Interesting concept. Shantae does this, though to a much lamer effect (probably the laziest/lamest bonus of this kind ever).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Going to buy the first one soon, since I've seen many positive praises here on Gaf and then, I'll buy the second when it'll come. eShop is doing good things for who's developing for it so far, Keith: good games see the spotlight and sell...it's even possible your game could be featured in some Nintendo AD for the eShop like Mutant Mudds did! :D

P.S. Circle Entertainment, the publisher of GGK3D, is also publishing other 5 games for eShop, from what I've read.

Going to buy the first one soon, since I've seen many positive praises here on Gaf and then, I'll buy the second when it'll come. eShop is doing good things for who's developing for it so far, Keith: good games see the spotlight and sell...it's even possible your game could be featured in some Nintendo AD for the eShop like Mutant Mudds did! :D

P.S. Circle Entertainment, the publisher of GGK3D, is also publishing other 5 games for eShop, from what I've read.

Actually, Kokopolo icon appears in the front page of DSiWare section in the eShop, but then the actual game is in the 5th page or so..

MarkusRJR

I'm considering getting the first game for my 3DS but I have two questions:

-How does it control with the slider? I hate the placement of the d-pad on the 3DS.
-I heard it's brutally hard. Is this true? :(

It looks fun from what I've seen though.

TEJ

I've yet to buy the first one, but when I buy a 3DS point card for purchasing wario land next month i'll make sure that I use the rest of the money on the first game.

alright bumping this since the community thread is either super slow or dead:

I just got started in this game and beat world A now, it's fun but am i playing it right? I am super careful ând only kill 1 or 2, sometimes 3 enemies at the same time, because i get frustrated trying to remember the level layout which tend to get HUGE quickly imo, so whenever i am getting chased by 5+ enemies i am way too far from the plant to find my way back and screw up :(

So do you guys simply focus on clearing a level or try to get ALL enemies at the same time into a chain and if so how the HELL do you manage to memorize where the plant is at each time?

Drago

Should we expect this in 2013? I want to get the first but I'll wait until 3D if it's coming by years end.

alright bumping this since the community thread is either super slow or dead:

I just got started in this game and beat world A now, it's fun but am i playing it right? I am super careful ând only kill 1 or 2, sometimes 3 enemies at the same time, because i get frustrated trying to remember the level layout which tend to get HUGE quickly imo, so whenever i am getting chased by 5+ enemies i am way too far from the plant to find my way back and screw up :(

So do you guys simply focus on clearing a level or try to get ALL enemies at the same time into a chain and if so how the HELL do you manage to memorize where the plant is at each time?

I think the maximum amount of enemies you can carry is 8?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Will buy! Only reason I haven't gotten the first game is that I'm done with DSiWare and it seemed kinda pricey to boot, hopefully this one stays <€7

sfz

Banned
There's no maximum to enemies you can have chasing you, but the plant will only hold 6 so if more than that are following you, you have to digest the 6 in the plant while still running so...don't feel bad if you get a few enemies at a time. Beating the levels is acheivement enough, especially later on.

I think this game deserves a better OP :D

Anyway, let me introduce Rock-a-Tock! ;D

Go-Go-Kokopolo-3D-BOSS_ROCK-A-TOCK-625x385.jpg

CRANKY CANYONS rises high above the ocean, and it&#8217;s cliffs are the perfect spot for prospectors and goldminers to dig out their fortune. ROCK-A-TOCK is famous for his explosive temper, and will likely have a blast at anyone who chooses to break the rules!&#8221;A release date has not been confirmed yet, and it appears it&#8217;ll take a while for the game to be completed.

Tanooki Studios unveils the first boss of Go! Go! Kokopolo 3D

Here are another two bosses:
jbjyxpAddw5VpS.jpg

and

boss_scareclown.jpg

They look pretty cool, IMO. Loving the enemy design and the news that the developer is aiming to get this on the eShop out this year. Can't wait to see more of it!
I didn't buy the first one, BTW.

Top Bottom