• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

welp as you can see i love eagles QB quotes! i was going to go with "i wants me some glory hole!" but thats nsfa!

this is the new thread. there won't be an interest thread because the league is more or less filled up. same rules apply as last year with a few changes!

Difficulty: All-Pro (pending)
Time: 7 minutes per quarter (pending)
Slider settings: Perhaps!
Start Date: As soon as EA updates the rosters

There is no need to use leaguemanager this year since it's an actual online franchise handled on EA's end! sweet! we'll see how it all works. I will post our league website once it's up.

And now, some rules:

if you are up by 3 scores or more (17 points) with 3 minutes or left in the game, you shouldn't be throwing the ball deep. you can throw the ball but just chucking it up for the remainder of the game is a no-no. you should just be running the ball and running the playclock down to 1 second.

if you are trying to run the clock out and your opponent is taking timeouts to stop the clock, it doesn't give you free reign to start throwing deep to "teach them a lesson". run the fucking clock out.

if you are trying to kneel the ball to run the clock out, and your opponent takes a timeout, you can run regular plays (run or pass) but again, you don't need to start chucking up bombs. run the ball or throw a short pass and continue running the clock.

different situations are going to call for different things. i'm not going to spell out EVERY.SINGLE.POSSIBLE.SITUATION. and what should be done but i shouldn't have to. we aren't fucking idiots here. if the game is (for all intents and purposes) over, then there is no need to pile it on. it's tempting for XP but just don't.

IF you break these rules, you will have a player (which will be picked depending on his value to your team) suspended for 4 games. if you continue to do this, then drizzler or someone else will have your spot in the league before long! this shouldn't happen again. this shouldn't even be a discussion but apparently it has to be.

1. this is a sim league. no going for it every 4th down, no running the no-huddle all game, no abuse of whatever exploit this years game has. just be cool man

2. we advance every 3 days. so if we started the league on monday, september 10th @ 6 pm pst, then i'm going to advance to the next week on thursday, september 13th @ 6 pm pst. i'll sim it too! by god i will sim it! the only exception to this rule is when we hit the holiday season (thanksgiving, christmas) then i'm obviously going to have to be a bit more lenient. sorry bro's, we'll just have to deal with it as we always have!

3. if you are easily angered and feel that losing may cause you to quit, then don't bother joining. we all lose. we all get screwed out of a win we deserved somehow. a guy gets lucky, your guy gets hurt, the madden AI gods decide to make your guys fumble or blow coverages or whatever. dealwithit.gif. venting is fine, but if you're going to throw a fit and quit every other week it's just not worth it to put yourself through that kind of situation! AND FOR FUCKS SAKE DONT PAUSE THE FUCKING GAME TO TYPE OUT A MESSAGE ON XBL TELLING SOMEONE HOW DISSATISFIED YOU WERE WITH THE LAST PLAY.

4. Time! - the online franchise offseason will take a bit of your time. why? because we have the draft, we have free agency, there will be a cap to manage, scouting, etc. it is a definite time commitment. make sure you're up for it!

5. We don't know how scouting and all that other stuff will work yet, but i'm going to tell you right now if there is an extensive scouting section DON'T HOLD THE LEAGUE UP WHILE WE WAIT FOR YOU TO SCOUT ON YOUR BYE WEEK. i will vance on you!

6. Regarding 4th downs, just be realistic guys. Don't make me spell out every possible situation, but use these as guidelines:

a. do not go for it on 4th down if you are winning.
b. do not go for it in 4th down in your own territory unless it is the 4th quarter and you are down by 2 scores or more OR it is your "final" drive
c. if you have a 4th down and you are on the cusp of FG range, it is ok to go for it so long as it's a 4th and 5 or less. example: 4th and 3 at your opponents 39 yard line. unless you have the raiders or packers this is a difficult FG and probably not going to go through. i have no problem with a 4th down in this scenario.
d. NO GOING FOR IT ON 4TH DOWN OF A GAME THAT YOU ARE WINNING OR TIED AND YOU ARE IN YOUR OWN TERRITORY

just use common sense and try to be realistic.

7. The Bluemax clause - i shouldn't have to spell this out but i'm going to anyways: if you have broke the league rules, accept your punishment. your punishment for breaking the rules will be decided by one of the 3 commishes (myself, CB, luke) with possible input from league members depending on severity

8. Trading - this is undecided yet. in years past we have had a representative from each division vote on if a trade is acceptable or not. This year, because there is a full cap and salaries and contracts and whatever, I'm not sure if this is needed. My gut feeling is that it IS still needed now more than ever to save people from themselves. But we'll just have to see.

9. Team selection - there are many people who are in competition with each other for a certain team. the loser of this battle will have to choose from the remaining undesireable teams. We don't know what method we will have for people to pick amongst these remaining teams yet. So, if there is a team that isn't taken yet, and you don't want to chance not getting them, speak up! Lest you end up with the jaguars.

And now, the league list as it stands at this moment in time:

AFC East -

Bills - LJ
Jets - Ferny
Dolphins - Pheeniks Vs. Drizzler
Pats - Sanjuro

North -

Steelers - Ramirez
Ravens - livewire
Browns - gold/trash
Bengals - Splat

South -

Colts - luke
Titans - somnia
Jags - drizzler/phee
Texans - Smokey

West -

Broncos - Crow
Raiders - Rors
Chiefs - daw/story
Chargers - Nightz

NFC East -

Eagles - CB
Redskins - mcneily
Cowboys - levious
giants - bigat vs. wellington

North -

Packers - eznark
Bears - mrbob
vikings - sokantish
lions - goldlion Vs. Trasher

South -

Bucs - DM
Saints - birdman
falcons - dcx
panthers - gcq

West -

49ers - fmt
rams - bigat/wellington
seahawks - bluemax
cards - cola

IF YOU SEE YOUR NAME ON THE LIST AND YOU AREN'T GOING TO PLAY THEN TELL ME EITHER IN THE THREAD OR VIA PM SO SOMEONE ELSE CAN HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY.

also, if you want to play i will put you on the waiting list. i know there were quite a few people from the other thread but to be honest i didn't write them down and don't feel like digging through the thread. if you are truly interested then you'll find your way to this thread! i'll put the people that i know of for sure:

Waiting list (in no particular order):
1. lonestar
2. albatross
3. Storybook
4. rinse22
5. dark faze
6. azwethinkweiz
7. eekthecat
8. daw
9. ramocalypse
10. mastershake
11. chrisjames
12. ricka

And finally, the all-time superbowl winners list updated with last years results!

All-Time Superbowl Tally:

1. FMT - 5
2. Rors - 3
3. Crow - 2
4. BigAT - 2
5. Ramirez - 2
6. DMczaf - 2
7. Wellington - 2
8. Mrbob - 1
9. Smokey - 1
10. Malleymal - 1

UPDATE:

There are now trade rules! In order to complete any trade, you need to have majority approval (5 out of 8) from the following reps:

Each Division has a Trade Council Rep:
AFC South - Luke
AFC North - Ram
AFC East - LJ
AFC West - Rors
NFC North - Bob
NFC South - DM
NFC East - CB
NFC West - Wellington

You cannot get a vote from anyone in your division or the division of the person you're trading with. For instance, if the Chargers traded Phillip Rivers to the Cardinals, neither myself nor rors would be able to vote on the trade.

Smokey

Top 10 losers of Madden 12 OT2:

CB3 1,582
FrenchMovieTheme 1,430
Ramirez 1,114
eznark 1,061
McNei1y 964
Smokey 758
DCX 757
bluemax 723
ph33nix 706
Mrbob 680

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Top 10 losers of Madden 12 OT2:

CB3 1,582
FrenchMovieTheme 1,430
Ramirez 1,114
eznark 1,061
McNei1y 964
Smokey 758
DCX 757
bluemax 723
ph33nix 706
Mrbob 680

Looks more like winners to me!

Sokantish

5. We don't know how scouting and all that other stuff will work yet, but i'm going to tell you right now if there is an extensive scouting section DON'T HOLD THE LEAGUE UP WHILE WE WAIT FOR YOU TO SCOUT ON YOUR BYE WEEK. i will vance on you!

So does that mean you think it might work like NCAA does or do we still really have no clue how it'll work?

Ramirez

Where's Coldblooded on the SB list?

babydino.gif

CB3

The first year i can really put my GM prowess to real use. You'll see! You'll all see!

CB3

That looks like Detroit...but I'm in Santa Monica now!

Dumpster RISE

Thats not really a rise. Unless you live on the beach, its a dumpster.

P.S. Check out Panchos Taco's on Lincoln blvd. Good mexican food

McNei1y

I, mcnei1y, will bring rgIII to roty and the super bowl. Watch me nfc east. Boom!

*as long as my 4th quarter game stays the same

LukeSmith

NFC Norris
Packers - eznark
Bears - mrbob
vikings - livewire*
lions - goldlion*

God, I wish I could transfer to this division. It's free wins

FMT you forgot Storybook and DCX Asterisk. Game of the forever

CB3

That place is like a couple blocks from me.

Its excellent. i lived my first few years of life in that city. Just bearly enough to remember. Trash city but being so close to the coast makes the weather great. Never too hot out there

Trasher

Its excellent. i lived my first few years of life in that city. Just bearly enough to remember. Trash city but being so close to the coast makes the weather great. Never too hot out there

The weather is friggin perfect every day.

rinse82

Would love to get on the waiting list, and I see my HorriBILLS are available!

I'm a glutton for punishment =)

Gamertag: RINSE22

I swore I wasn't going to get pulled back in but dammit, NCAA has convinced me to do it.

Put me down on the waiting list and/or playing for the Falcons.

yahoo_ochogarrard.jpg

So, I see Drizzler somewhere on that team list. I think he is overseas until Decemberish. Maybe I'm wrong, but contact him and see what's up?

^^ her face is totally weird. Not a fan

I'm in Chicago. I'll be moving here sometime in august or september and will be MIA for maybe a week.

DCX

DCX
I am ready!! Hope EA got their shit together this year, if so, this franchise has a chance to surpass '10 as the best of all time. '12 was close.

DCX

Top Bottom