• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eidos: PS3 is "extraordinary", it's "the ultimate machine"

Majmun

Confidence Man said:
Did you read the question he's responding to?

Did you read the answer he's giving to us?

Question: "What do you make of Blu-ray? Does it justify the PS3's price point?"

Answer: "It's extraordinary quality, that's the starting point."

Then he starts talking about a machine. In this case- the ps3:

"If people are seeking the ultimate machine, the PS3 is clearly the best spec machine as far as next-gen goes. As with all things in life, you have to pay for quality."

Rocked

money%20hat%20small.jpg

Kittonwy

Banned
Zaptruder said:
GAF (and most of the internet) will continue to pee pee on everything Sony until there's a dramatic change in information/circumstances. It's a depressing time to be a Sony fan. Hopefully TGS and launch can rectify this.

Don't worry our time will come soon.

Proelite

monkeymagic said:
Don't we generally link to news from GI on this forum?

Or is positive PS3 news excluded.

This is such a small and trivial news that's not worth its price of admission. You know this, you have forseen it.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Any positive or supportive quotes given by third party dev's in regards to the PS3 were obviously solicited/coached by/from Sony and can't be trusted.

I will take a wait and see, first I will want to know if they are lemons that breakdown within a month, second I will wait for GAF reviews and love threads. Third I will wait for games that I really want to play.

Proelite

DarienA said:
Any positive or supportive quotes given by third party dev's in regards to the PS3 were obviously solicited/coached by/from Sony and can't be trusted.

I don't think this news deserves a thread in the first place.

Razoric

Banned
Second said:
Did you read the answer he's giving to us?

Question: "What do you make of Blu-ray? Does it justify the PS3's price point?"

Answer: "It's extraordinary quality, that's the starting point."

Then he starts talking about a machine. In this case- the ps3:

"If people are seeking the ultimate machine, the PS3 is clearly the best spec machine as far as next-gen goes. As with all things in life, you have to pay for quality."

It's a generic, canned response for the blu ray / PS3 combo. "It's the ultimate machine" :lol Yeah that tells us a lot.

monkeymagic said:
http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=18952

...you are getting virtual interactive cinema...

Actually, both the core and premium PS3 are cheaper than their X360 + HD-DVD counterparts and this should be pretty evident to consumers when both hit the shelves this Xmas.

The thing is that i do not want a fuc**** virtual interactive cinema ! I want games !
I still remember how boring were FF X-2 and MGS 2 !

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
for those quibling about 2 dollars, I'm sure it will be priced at 199.99.

Tadaima

Chû Totoro said:
The thing is that i do not want a fuc**** virtual interactive cinema ! I want games !
I still remember how boring were FF X-2 and MGS 2 !

But Yaoi games look best on a virtual interactive cinema <3 xxx

PlayStation 3 will have a lot of them <3 <3

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
kaching said:
YES! Must. Conserve. Precious. Thread Space! /shatner

Very soon when all is revealed we can begin eating at the same tables again, laughing and rejoicing, filling up thread after thread with love and affection for all three consoles. :lol

Yoboman

Not anti-Sony enough, I'm with everyone else in dismissing this. Now onto the next 2D developer dropping PS3 projects.

Proelite said:
This is such a small and trivial news.

Sorry I forgot anonymous blog/forum postings espousing PS3's weaknesses are fair game but actual developer/publisher interviews from respected gaming websites aren't.

Piper Az

do we really need to have this 'tard discussion every single day??? Why the f*ck are people so obsessed with proving that PS3 is something like the second coming of Christ (and vise versa with people trying to knock it at all cost)???

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
DenogginizerOS said:
Very soon when all is revealed we can begin eating at the same tables again, laughing and rejoicing, filling up thread after thread with love and affection for all three consoles. :lol
Surely we don't have to wait that long just to agree that there's no news too trivial for GAF to make a 5-10 page thread out of!

DenogginizerOS

Piper Az said:
do we really need to have this 'tard discussion every single day??? Why the f*ck are people so obsessed with proving that PS3 is something like the second coming of Christ (and vise versa with people trying to knock it at all cost)???

Well said. IF the PS3 is pleasing developers, we, as gamers, benefit immensely. Wait until TGS and Sony will make people happier (I hope). gets back to work

siege

Banned
When you resort to pulling a quote from Eidos, of all developers, you know you are ****ing grasping at straws.

DenogginizerOS

kaching said:
Surely we don't have to wait that long just to agree that there's no news too trivial for GAF to make a 5-10 page thread out of!
People are uneasy because the market leader has been less than forthcoming. People really want to know what is going on with the console by seeing games in motion on final hardware with playable demos and with the online plan finalized. There are so many uncertainties right now, that the discomfort level is being driven up. It is not necessarily anti-Sony but more of a venting of the frustration caused by a lack of concrete information.

agree.
on paper ps3 is extraordinary ultimate home theatre with capabilities other expensive bluerays don get them.

ht players need no convincing.
game players however come what may?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
siege said:
When you resort to pulling a quote from Eidos, of all developers, you know you are ****ing grasping at straws.

Actually, I think getting your (the proverbial your) anti-ps3 news from Deadmeat is a little more pathetic.

There's some seriously sad, sad, sad trolling in this thread.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
This morning @ EIDOS offices...

-Hey John, I've been bored since we canned that Lara Raider shite
-Yeah me too
-Let's **** with GAF
-LOL

jesusraz

Did any of you folk ever read Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackon's Fighting Fantasy books when you were younger? Classic stuff...Shame we never hear from SJ any more, just IL now he's on the Eidos board.

Anyway, he's not being too positive either way, praising both. Look at this pro-Nintendo comment, for instance:

"It's going to be a much closer race and significantly, I think Nintendo, with the Wii console, is going to be right back up in the thick of it.

"Sony has had a recent history of being the clear winner, and I don't think anybody believes that's going to be the case this time... It's going to be a much closer race."

He seems like he's got his head on straight...

jjasper

Mojovonio said:
premium 360=399
HD-DVD drive rumoured to be 199

Total=$598

2 dollars less than a non-tarded PS3.

And its optional. Even though it looks like ass.

I don't se the HD-DVD drive costing more than $199. But then again, this industry does crazy things some times.

Wait how is it that you are counting the $0.99 for the PS3 and not the other 2 things. It is actually only a 2 cent difference.

We don't even know what the options of the PS3 BluRay is compared to stand-alone units. We know NOTHING - NO THING - about the PS3 other than specs and that damned controller.

- We know nothing about its online play
- We don't know its launch titles
- We don't know its BluRay capabilities
- We don't know whether the power pack is internal or external
- We don't know if the $500 version is permanenty crippled avove 480

There are probably more 'we dont knows' but whats the point...?

The launch is 3 MONTHS AWAY!!!

Proelite

antoniogaud said:
We don't even know what the options of the PS3 BluRay is compared to stand-alone units. We know NOTHING - NO THING - about the PS3 other than specs and that damned controller.

I just want to know about its final specs!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
antoniogaud said:

You should put that on a blog so we could have another awesome thread!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Crab avatar, check
Crazy alarmist post, check

I can name that fanboy in 2 notes, Bob.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
antoniogaud said:

Yeah, okay.

This is largely true.
Do you know when 360 launch titles were announced? The PRICE was announced at GC. We've known that since E3.
What do you want to know? It plays Blu-Ray discs with decoding by CELL and rendering by RSX.
Only if you don't trust Sony. They've said it's internal and their design documents indicate that it is.
Sony has said it isn't.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
DenogginizerOS said:
People are uneasy because the market leader has been less than forthcoming. People really want to know what is going on with the console by seeing games in motion on final hardware with playable demos and with the online plan finalized. There are so many uncertainties right now, that the discomfort level is being driven up. It is not necessarily anti-Sony but more of a venting of the frustration caused by a lack of concrete information.
I think you're taking me way too seriously on this one. You didn't need to explain any of that.

Top Bottom