• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, it's possible I simply missed it, but if I didn't, that strikes me as quite odd. Every other title is there as far as I can tell. I doubt they forgot to add just this one game. And there's nothing in the actual trailer, either. Is it possible Nintendo outright bought the whole IP?

I assumed that would have been part of the deal. The IP doesn't have any value to Sega these days, but it's a great way for Nintendo to appeal to the hardcore audience. Commissioning Platinum Games to make a 'spiritual sequel' to Bayonetta wouldn't have the same sort of cachet.

Why are people boycotting Nintendo if they're reviving the Bayonetta series? Why not Boycott them about not releasing a new Yoshi's Island?

Something like Bayonetta 2, a new Fatal Frame, and a new Monolith IP in the first 2 Qs of 2013 would be a strong start for the Wii U in terms of smaller, but strong franchises that could do well with the extra exposure of Nintendo-publishing in the start of a generation.

None of this will happen.

And a continued relationship with Mistwalker and convincing Atlus that they wanna make Persona 5 on Wii U... right?

Right?

Yeah you're right, not gonna happen.

Daschysta

If Nintendo really did purchase the IP, then bringing platinum into the fold in some capacity seems sure to follow. Would mean they are working on 2 Nintendo IP's at once...

Instro

This was probably already mentioned - unless I missed it (which might very well be the case): After every Japanese Nintendo Direct, there's a ton of copyright notices for every game shown. And there is a copyright notice for The Wonderful 101 - but there's no mention of Bayonetta whatsoever...!?

Like I said, it's possible I simply missed it, but if I didn't, that strikes me as quite odd. Every other title is there as far as I can tell. I doubt they forgot to add just this one game. And there's nothing in the actual trailer, either. Is it possible Nintendo outright bought the whole IP? The copyright would give it away, and it seems strange that Sega is just an "advisor" - as if Nintendo or Platinum needed advise from those guys..

I certainly wouldn't be surprised. Its the kind of IP that Nintendo would want to add to their software profile, as its a genre they do not work in and its a popular M rated game as well. Particularly with the pedigree behind the series itself, it makes sense for them. SEGA has little reason to want it now anyway.

Daschysta

And a continued relationship with Mistwalker and convincing Atlus that they wanna make Persona 5 on Wii U... right?

Right?

Continued relationship with Mistwalker isn't really much of a stretch. Not sure how well Atlus will be able to handle the tech jump either, may push them to handhelds and use the Wii-U for its console stuff.

King_Moc

Banned
It seems obvious to me that rather than being a 'moneyhat' situation, Nintendo are actually paying for a dead franchise to be revisited. Anyone complaining is an idiot, it's as simple as that.

Ok, here is an idea. How would you all feel about a Metroid-like scanner that is always on and used when you lift the gamepad to scan certain areas. It would be COMPLETELY noninvasive and invisible while playing normally, but could open things like dev info on certain things, such as inspirations on area designs, enemies, and what not. When you scanned something and viewed it, the game would pause and display info instantly on the gamepad with a slick menu design. This could be used whenever you saw something that peaked your interest.

Don't care about this feature? No problem, you would NEVER know it was there, as no indicators or sounds will ever go off. No tutorial either. Everything you scan is saved for future viewing.

Hell, I wouldn't even market it.

VegaNine

This really made my day.

Someone pasted my fake Iwata Asks column onto another board. FWIW, it wasn't designed to fool anyone, but wow—salt can be blinding:

So basically, they are trash talking on Sega?. Little bit respect I had for Nintendo is now gone. Horrible company with a horrible president.
Couldn't agree more.
Nah they seemed to understand why Sega didn't want their product, and were infact surprised that any other studio would want it. Makes me wonder why they even produced a playable build of Bayonetta 2 if as the interview suggests they were award that their product was 'poisonous regardless of how it was cut', their blowfish analogy suggests that they know Bayonetta is doomed to be unsuccessful regardless of how it's presented.
Yada yada yada Bayonetta sucked yada yada yada nobody wanted B2 so we gave it to the Wii-U (because they are that desperate) yada yada yada
You beat that dead horse.
Truth hurts, eh?
Why are they so obsessed with fish?

tv8hH.jpg

Roto13

Ok, here is an idea. How would you all feel about a Metroid-like scanner that is always on and used when you lift the gamepad to scan certain areas. It would be COMPLETELY noninvasive and invisible while playing normally, but could open things like dev info on certain things, such as inspirations on area designs, enemies, and what not. When you scanned something and viewed it, the game would pause and display info instantly on the gamepad with a slick menu design. This could be used whenever you saw something that peaked your interest.

Don't care about this feature? No problem, you would NEVER know it was there, as no indicators or sounds will ever go off. No tutorial either. Everything you scan is saved for future viewing.

Hell, I wouldn't even market it.

Guys! Guys!

Hey guys!

What about-

Guys!

Hey!

What about a scanner, that-

A scanner on the Wii U pad that lets you look into the different realms like Paradiso and Inferno and stuff!

That would be awesome.

rpmurphy

Every time something like this happens, it's just really horrible that the discussion gets diluted with all sorts of stupid, irrelevant drivel instead of talking about the game. Granted, this was a teaser, but the amount of discussion given to it for what was actually revealed is just overblown.

Davey Cakes

The revival of Bayonetta 2 is one of the more interesting things to happen in this industry as of late, especially considering Nintendo's involvement. The negative reactions surrounding this surprising announcement leave me scratching my head, especially when B2 probably wouldn't exist in any other form anyway.

People complain when Nintendo is predictable, and people complain when they're not predictable. Can't win, ever.

Guys! Guys!

Hey guys!

What about-

Guys!

Hey!

What about a scanner, that-

A scanner on the Wii U pad that lets you look into the different realms like Paradiso and Inferno and stuff!

That would be awesome.
...but it isn't a different realm lol. It's not even a mechanic. It's just a way to look at development info.

Hey, what about...get this...a button. When you push it, she fucking shoots! Like, the bitch starts shooting! Revolutionary! A button for attacking as well? Never been done. Book it.

Roto13

...but it isn't a different realm lol. It's not even a mechanic. It's just a way to look at development info.

Hey, what about...get this...a button. When you push it, she fucking shoots! Like, the bitch starts shooting! Revolutionary! A button for attacking as well? Never been done. Book it.

MY IDEA IS BETTER!

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Next stop vanquish 2 with pointer controls exclusive or maybe they convert metal gear rising to wiiu after cancelling it to 360???

Metal Gear Rising wasn't cancelled for 360, only the Japanese 360 release was cancelled. Either way, a Wii U port of MGR is Konami's call, not Platinum's.

ivysaur12

Banned

Right?

Well, you would hope that being published by Nintendo would really have them push the products as AAA games. That would be a good change of pace to separate the Wii U as a different type of console that offers radically different experiences that can only happen on the Wii U.

All the salt. It's great on this popcorn. Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to type up some sort of parody article.

Hmm. Maybe I'll scan the internet for a few more hours just in case I missed a "well-thought out" terrible rant.

The way the internet reacted to this makes you think Platinum are making Bayonetta 2 an iOS exclusive or a Wonderbook erotic visual novel.
That would actually be pretty good

jerd

After letting this sink in for a day, I've started to worry that Nintendo is going to do this with Bayo and think they've done enough... This is an amazing start but they really need to expand on it.

jerd

Fatal Frame came before it..

I suppose it did! I'm just not familiar with that franchise though I guess. Heard something about Spirit Cam on 3DS but haven't looked into any of the main games... Still I would love to see Nintendo continue to be aggressive in the "core" market.

zroid

Banned
Yeah, without Mikami, I'm not so sure I care about another Vanquish. I can't imagine a situation where he would be involved at all.

I suppose it did! I'm just not familiar with that franchise though I guess. Heard something about Spirit Cam on 3DS but haven't looked into any of the main games... Still I would love to see Nintendo continue to be aggressive in the "core" market.

Oh, and Seaman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom