• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telepath Tactics SRPG w mod support manipulable battlefields a campaign & hotseat mp

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!

Get the Demo! [ [ Windows | Mac | Linux ] ]
Read the Manual! [ [ Manual ] ]

Telepath Tactics is a turn-based tactical RPG in the tradition of Fire Emblem and Disgaea. It features a single player campaign with well-written characters embroiled in a tale of war and political intrigue, as well as 2-to-6 player multiplayer with support for hotseat play (i.e. you and your friends playing together in the same room).
10948125efa38bd21b206210f049d961_large.png

Every single thing you read in the section above is currently in-game and working. There is no question about whether this project is too ambitious to complete: it isn't. The lion's share of the really tough stuff is already done. I just need more resources to give the game all the content and polish it needs.
042ef968b884665fe94fdb818af6bcbe_large.png

Telepath Tactics is playable, but there's still a lot of content to create for the game. It needs a lot more art, for one thing. Additionally, I'm looking to fill out the soundtrack with high quality tracks. Composer Ryan Richko is currently working on that, but I need money to hire him to keep going.
Loads more details about the game, the goals, everything you want to know, at the Kickstarter page.

I've been following it at TIGS, it's been in dev for like 2 years and looks rad.

It starts from $10 for the full game as a reward and the final goal is only $15,000 this time.

I've edited out my previous posts that held now outdated information. The game even looks better now, with animations etc.

Also:
In the event that we raise more than the base $15,000 goal, there are tons of things I could use the money on. Folks have been voting on which of these they like best; if you want to weigh in, just head on over to the Sinister Design forums and pick your favorite. Voting closes on March 18th, so don't wait too long!

bede-x

Fire Emblem on PC? I'm intrigued.

Same here. Would be nice to see more games like this on PC and home systems in general. This, however, looks blocky and cheap, and even though that doesn't mean it can't be good, I'm not gonna throw money at it right away. If it ends up being made and turns out to be decent, I'm in.

TommyT

From watching that video... that's a pretty big undertaking. Good luck to this game, sounds like it could be pretty fun.

kevinski

Banned
I pledged yesterday. It'll be interesting to see how much of a following this game ends up with. It'd be nice if it had Steam Workshop support.

Fodder76

I also chipped in some cash. I can't get enough of tactics love, and it wasn't until I heard about this game that I realized how this is a genre nearly exclusive to consoles and handhelds. There needs to be more of this on the PC.

epmode

I also chipped in some cash. I can't get enough of tactics love, and it wasn't until I heard about this game that I realized how this is a genre nearly exclusive to consoles and handhelds. There needs to be more of this on the PC.

You might like this: Unity of Command

Seriously. It's good. (but yeah, no RPG elements)

Alexios

Kickstarter campaign relaunched with new tiers, rewards and information. Pledging again :D

It starts from $10 for the full game as a reward and the final goal is only $15,000 this time.

I've edited out my previous posts that held now outdated information. The game even looks better now, with animations etc.

Also:
In the event that we raise more than the base $15,000 goal, there are tons of things I could use the money on. Folks have been voting on which of these they like best; if you want to weigh in, just head on over to the Sinister Design forums and pick your favorite. Voting closes on March 18th, so don't wait too long!

TommyT

Did the previous kickstarter fail? If so, by how much? I hope it makes it as it's understandable to want to deliver a game with polish.

Alexios

They held outdated information from the last campaign as the not removed post/OP explain.

If you guys don't read the posts anyway what does it matter some got removed? Just saying.

TommyT

The last campaign got $18,615 of the then $20,000 goal.

Thanks, sad to see it was just missed. Seems like art or music could be outsourced to the community to cut back on the costs especially if it didn't make the kickstarter the first time.

What's with all of those removed posts?

Seriously. WTF?

What the hell is going on?

Pretty clear people don't read the entire thread (even though it's one page) before posting. :lol

Petrie

Banned
Pretty clear people don't read the entire thread (even though it's one page) before posting. :lol

I read it, but even with that explanation, the 3 and 4 posts straight of that with the OP apparently just talking to himself provoked a WTF.

Alexios

It's too bad you missed it, it was a riveting discussion. Or I was just posting campaign updates and explained why they're gone.

I didn't want you confused over new additions, gameplay information, demo releases, etc, when it's all in the new campaign OP.

Move on.

TommyT

I read it, but even with that explanation, the 3 and 4 posts straight of that with the OP apparently just talking to himself provoked a WTF.

New information is a new post. Pretty straight-forward. It's unfortunate that the game/thread wasn't popular enough to warrant a large discussion, but how else would you let others know. Sure, you could update the OP but then the thread would just stay buried.

I think the confusion is that there were like 2 dozen "removed" posts.

Which are explained by the person that removed them... now multiple times.

Thanks, sad to see it was just missed. Seems like art or music could be outsourced to the community to cut back on the costs especially if it didn't make the kickstarter the first time.

I read the thread, it just astonished me that the OP made so many posts, subsequently deleted them, and then I realized that this had been a dead thread for a loong time if it wasn't for the OP. It is still WTF.

Alexios

It's already 50% funded, probably because they sent out an update on the old campaign for backers of that one. It'll probably make it this time, maybe even get the original campaign's higher goal if they have managed to get interesting updates in store.

Corto

I clicked pledge when I saw a character pushing another to a lava lake. Thanks for reposting this Alex.

Top Bottom