• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Creative Assembly's Alien game will come to PS4

Jackpot

Banned
From the AMA thread, a verified QA tester for Aliens CM posted about the next game:

http://i1.minus.com/iTeTRho14DHI6.png

we are making the new alien game with creative asembly who make total war. That game looks amazing. Very dark, very slow paced (in a good way). The textures and lighting look really really good. I've seen it running on a PC. The PS4 devkit looks like a computer. It looks as good rif not better running as any super high end pc. We did not have those controllers, but they look like what was promised.

Assuming it's more about being on your own and surivving and not a high-level strategy game, CA is a bit of an odd choice.

fvng

First I would like an 8gb patch that changes colonial marines to the game they promised it would be.

No more Alien games for me

ESn1ger.jpg

Their site has the Alien logo for one of their projects.

V_Ben

Banned
So, we might get a good Alien game from The Creative Assembly? Dead Space 2 with Aliens sounds like what i'd want.

I hope this guy enjoyed working for (im assuming?) Sega QA because by the end of the month he will likely be unemployed. It is usually pretty easy to trace stuff like this.

The fact that it isn't an rts style game worries me a bit but I didn't think that Creative Assembly's non rts games like Spartan and Viking were that bad. They were decent action games.

Haunted

That'll be a new one for Creative Assembly.

Viking and Spartan are third person action games, but with a much different focus than an Alien game would demand.

As much as I like CA and the Total War franchise, I just hope this doesn't turn out like Stormrise. Yeah, I know different developer within CA, but still..

Corto

This. This I like. I remember reading something about a TPS from CA a while back. So this is it? Cool. Sega learned the hard way that when we want something good we have to make it ourselves.

Top Bottom