• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dah fuck?! Did we skip Tuesday and went straight to Wednesday or something?

Dragons Rioting

Wow how did I miss this? Really amusing and good deal of fun.

Kurita

Makai no Ossan is more hot blooded than the big 3
J7Guenb.png

dumbyugi

Gunsmith Cats Burst

I was really enjoying this at first, it was just more Gunsmith Cats which is exactly what I wanted. Too bad I fucking hated the ending. Goldy returning and getting her memory back didn't bother me but the way the author trys to make it so she's less evil was terrible. But even that isn't as bad as what they did to Misty. It had been setting it up so that she would become partners with Rally because May was getting married but then suddenly she decides to live with Goldy because Rally won't love her like Goldy does. It probably wouldn't have bothered me as much if it had actually built up to it more, but instead it's really sudden and pretty much out of nowhere. In terms of positives I thought Percy was a fantastic new character, I love corrupt police characters and Percy is an especially good one. Rally and Bean were still great. Even though May wasn't in it much I enjoyed it when she was.

Overall this was much worse than the first series and I really hate the ending. The best part about the ending was the sexy lesbian kiss. This series did make me want to watch Riding Bean so it wasn't all bad.

Art: 10/10
Story: 5/10
Characters: 6/10
Overall: 6/10

Wiseblade

Deception Mask vol 9

Maya should have called him a liar right there and then, he probably would hacve revealed the truth. Instead, he'll keep on grooming her for the next three years.

It's kinda ironic that a series called Bleach loses its background and looks emptier as it goes on.
That's not irony. If anything, it's pretty apt. Irony is a manga being called Naruto only for the titular character to not be the protagonist.

Wiseblade

Summary Mask vol 9

Was there a big hiatus here or something? Why is Maya randomly monologuing a summary of past events? Did the anime just start?

Village

Minamoto-kun Monogatari

* tries reading it to see what the hubub is about*

What even is this... Everyone is this manga aside from the mc is horrible.

Bleach v 45

The chapter titled Eagle Without Wings (Extreme Battlemasters Mix) is kind of memorable and kind of out there in regards to the other names. Though this whole battle was quite fast paced though even if a few decisions, looking back were kind of odd. If Captain Commander Yamamoto had used the skills seen in the current arc, I wonder if Aizen and Hogyouku could have still countered it. Then again transformed Aizen didnt ever go against Yamamoto so I guess it'd be hard to compare.

Oh well at least it went back to getting plenty of color pages.

Jump Issue #27 Bottom 5:
Gintama
World Trigger
Kochikame
Koisuru Edison
Cross Manage

I wonder why Cross Manage never and still doesnt catch on, the long match is alright. Is there no market for female sports in shonen jump?

Is World Trigger popular in US Jump? That might just be its saving grace.

The convention post Arti posted earlier in the thread suggested it wasnt that popular in the viz media audience...Though posts and comments on the magazine each week give a positive response.

DarkMehm

It's not really interesting.
If you want a good sports manga in the Jump there's Haikyuu!!.

I read Haikyuu.

Sports Manga I read:

- Haikyuu
- Ippo
- Kuroko
- Captain Tsubasa
- Baby Steps
- Prince of Tennis

Planning to read:

- Diamond no Ace
- Ahiru no Sora
- Area no Kishi
- Slam Dunk
- Real

Some Motorracing-Manga would be nice, but I can't find any.

Yonafunu

Food Smut 24

Magic Cabbage.

I read Haikyuu.

Sports Manga I read:

- Haikyuu
- Ippo
- Kuroko
- Captain Tsubasa
- Baby Steps
- Prince of Tennis

Planning to read:

- Diamond no Ace
- Ahiru no Sora
- Area no Kishi

Some Motorracing-Manga would be nice, but I can't find any.

Get Slam Dunk in there.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Summary Mask vol 9

Was there a big hiatus here or something? Why is Maya randomly monologuing a summary of past events? Did the anime just start?

There was a hiatus, but not at that point.

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but you're at the
mother
part right?

Cube x Cursed x Curious 7
tumblr_mnieqg4Jkq1qbxqfpo1_250.jpg

Seeing Haru in that pose in between the cover and the other page with the two girls in their bikinis of sorts was pleasing. The rain chapter leading to the ocean was also a memorable moment in the anime and I think it worked well here in manga form too. I wish Fear would stay her dark self more instead of the happy go lucky girl that consistently happens.

Korosenai

Medaka Box 16

Shit just got real and fast. Like, what even happened. It was a pretty normal manga up until this point, and now this Unzen kid who can shoot beams out of his hands comes out of nowhere. He looks like he will be a pretty good villain though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom